Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
In all my time of being on this forum I've never seen or heard of AC asking a member to delete a thread. As far as I know only the mods can do that. Also there are plenty of other threads complaining about things wrong with the phone. Why would they single out this one thread? Lol
One more thing if the phone is so horrible for you why are you posting in other threads about getting a replacement note 7? Seems to me you might need to move on from said phone. Lol

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I've basically tried to have been bribed to deleting this entire thread. I'll post more info as I can

This is absurd. Unless you are a mod, there is no way you can delete a thread. If a mod doesn't like a thread, he just closes it. He just says, this is all repetitive and is going nowhere. Not much of an excuse, but that's what's done.

BTW, I am a physician, too, and I had a thread closed, with not much of a better excuse, other than the mod thought it was repetitive. No offers were made to me.

Frankly, it isn't my thread, even if I start it. It isn't my forum, even if I participate in it. I am fortunate to have a chance of talking and sharing with other phone geeks like myself through this vehicle. They can do what they want with the information posted. It won't change what has been read even if they could delete what has been posted. So what would they have gained by doing so?

Therefore, why would AC or Samsung want a thread deleted or ended escapes me, because it will just reappear in a similar new thread here or on some other website.

Finally, If having a lagging phone is embarrassing to Samsung, why wouldn't they just fix it, instead of fixing the discussion about it. Lagging seems to be a lot more fixable, and less embarrassing than phones that burn or explode.
Yet threads went on and on about that. (Yes, some of those threads, including one of mine, were closed, because they WERE repetitive.)

Unless you can substantiate a bribe, why bother? Without doing that, nobody is going to believe you.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
No offense and understand your the OP but find it hard to believe... in 35 pages of posts I imagine the Mods could have found any reason to lock the thread anytime they wanted. They can probably lock it for making such an accusation. Also, SOMEONE will post performance threads. EVERY forum has them and you lock this one, another will happen. The lag is real... as real as an exploding Note 7. Kudos for standing your ground!

Guys , I have been persecuted by both Android Central and Samsung to remove this thread. I have been offered up to $2000 in upgrade credits and so forth. I told them to screw off and I make that amount in a few days being a physician and they can't simply buy my loyalty or lack thereof. If this post disappears, you know AC is in on it n

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't browse the other Samsung forums but with the recent issues and people using S7 Edges loaners, I did find it interesting that many commented how much faster or smoother or lag free the phones were compared to the Note 7 even though it didn't compare in the build and features. I think it comes down to all the extras they add and they can't optimize it. They provide added features that make it stand out but seems at the cost of performance.

Finally, If having a lagging phone is embarrassing to Samsung, why wouldn't they just fix it, instead of fixing the discussion about it. Lagging seems to be a lot more fixable, and less embarrassing than phones that burn or explode.
Yet threads went on and on about that. (Yes, some of those threads, including one of mine, were closed, because they WERE repetitive.)

Unless you can substantiate a bribe, why bother? Without doing that, nobody is going to believe you.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, interesting vid but not sure if really relates... This post is about lag... the video just shows slow.

My buddy is out of town on a trip but I'll see if I can't generate a vid on the lag I saw and described earlier... it really is obvious in this example where the phone is locked and just resting showing its AOD and I just pop the s-pen button and normally take the moment to pull the pen out and adjust in hand and tip at the ready... and it's still showing the AOD for another half second/second and then changes to the note screen. When you're wanting to jot a quick note, I think the lag is a little annoying.

This is kinda sad. And somewhat related to the thread:

https://youtu.be/O98ZQgckhWw

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Guys , I have been persecuted by both Android Central and Samsung to remove this thread. I have been offered up to $2000 in upgrade credits and so forth. I told them to screw off and I make that amount in a few days being a physician and they can't simply buy my loyalty or lack thereof. If this post disappears, you know AC is in on it n

Moderator Note
:

These posts are flat out false on the parts that address Android Central's forums; whatever you want to talk about on the Samsung stuff is up to you. You had a thread closed in which you told people that you wanted to keep a faulty device so that if something were to go wrong with it, you could pretend that you didn't know it was under recall so you could get a brand new device rather than going through normal insurance channels, etc. That thread was deleted because the content as advocating dishonesty - and dishonesty when paired with financial harm or gain creates a bad situation quickly. No one has told you that you cannot do whatever you're going to do, we have told you that we do not want that nonsense posted within the forums. There has been no persecution, no one is in on anything and the insinuation that unpaid volunteers are going to corrupt their position in order to defend a corporation from your words is flat out ridiculous.

On that note, you were recently sent links to the community rules & guidelines in several different private messages. I now know that you do in fact know what private messages are because you're sending inane threats to moderators via PM. In the most clear way I can make this request, please stop what you are doing, read the rules and make a decision about whether or not you intend to follow them. Because the messages you are sending to the team members and these posts in this thread, and the one you're complaining about having closed all have one thing in common: they're addressed by those exact rules that you keep ignoring. But just in case you've forgotten where to find them, here's another link: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

As indicated in the messages sent to you by the moderators, if you have any issues at all with any moderator actions, you can email matt.luciano@mobilenations.com and james@mobilenations.com. That's the next step of escalation.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
This is absurd. Unless you are a mod, there is no way you can delete a thread. If a mod doesn't like a thread, he just closes it. He just says, this is all repetitive and is going nowhere. Not much of an excuse, but that's what's done.

BTW, I am a physician, too, and I had a thread closed, with not much of a better excuse, other than the mod thought it was repetitive. No offers were made to me.

Frankly, it isn't my thread, even if I start it. It isn't my forum, even if I participate in it. I am fortunate to have a chance of talking and sharing with other phone geeks like myself through this vehicle. They can do what they want with the information posted. It won't change what has been read even if they could delete what has been posted. So what would they have gained by doing so?

Therefore, why would AC or Samsung want a thread deleted or ended escapes me, because it will just reappear in a similar new thread here or on some other website.

I've only been on the moderator team for three years, so I'll let others speak to the years before that. In the last four years, there have been zero threads deleted because someone that wasn't the OP or on the moderator team wanted them to be gone. From a moderator perspective, there are really only 3-4 things that result in a discussion being deleted. 1. The OP requests it and it's decided to honor that request, assuming it's not a discussion others have invested too much into. 2. The premise of the thread violates the rules, such as selling a product outside of the marketplace, spamming, asking for help to unlock stolen devices, etc. 3. the OP is found to have more than one account in the forums and one account is cleaned out. I couldn't think of a 4th off the top of my head.

Last edited:

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Oh yeah...Samsung cares what Android Central posters write about...enough to risk more brand fall out in the wake of an unprecedented recall.

/Roll eyes...

Makes me question the integrity of any if the legitimacy of the points made in this thread. The only thing I can chalk it up to is low self esteem meets the interwebz and then everyone is a super ninja spy with direct links to the corporations they buy products from. As a member of the video game development industry...I see this kind of absurd zealous fanboyism all of the time...it's pathetic really. A generalization and stereotype? Sure...but one that comoletely capable of stabbing you in the parking lot after work one night.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

I'll call it - this is nonsense.
So is this thread.

If you've got lag, there are a number of ways to resolve it.
If you can't resolve it, move on to another phone.

The drama here on behalf of the OP is so unfreakinbelievable.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Serious mod-note

I just thought I'd echo what Aquila said.

We don't delete threads for no reason and it's absolutely NOT influenced by any form of bias or something similar.

[NOTE]These are the reasons why a thread may be closed and/or deleted;
  • The thread has violated one or more of the rules outlined in the guidelines linked in the bottom of the post
  • The OP may have had multiple accounts tied to the same person (also a violation of the rules)
  • It is a request made by the OP, and has been decided by the mod team to honor said request.
[/NOTE]

So, please. Let's just take a deep breath and calm our nerves. Accusations and whatnot won't get us anywhere.

Rules: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Dang. So AC offered you two grand? I can't even get a new Mobile Nations T-shirt - still rocking Talk Mobile 2013. Sigh.

Nothing to see here people.

ScottJ28

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I'll call it - this is nonsense.
So is this thread.

If you've got lag, there are a number of ways to resolve it.
If you can't resolve it, move on to another phone.

The drama here on behalf of the OP is so unfreakinbelievable.

The lag is real....read the posts! I've done several things to improve the lag, but it's still present.

Also, I've had a number of posts deleted and I've always followed the guidelines.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
This thread seems a control reference for future events. Even though people have a free ticket to go to another device- some are still complaining. Now, if stuck with the device, complain away! Otherwise, why not just move on instead of complain??

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
This is kinda sad. And somewhat related to the thread:

https://youtu.be/O98ZQgckhWw

Unfortunately, the drama that unfolded right after this post may have drawn attention away from the substance of the speed test. I found the speed test... interesting. I'd be curious to learn how the SD820 version fares against the iP7 or iP7+. That will be pretty much a valid comparison for USA buyers.... like myself, currently in the market, but waiting on the Pixel line to come out before deciding.

And to be really challenging, a variant from each of the carriers with their skins and bloatware installed as it comes out of the box, to see if there's any performance difference between carrier N7s.

Then to really spice it up, toss in an unlocked N7 (should they ever become available... and maybe after the battery fiasco, unlocked N7s might be quicker to the market).

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
guys , i have been persecuted by both android central and samsung to remove this thread. I have been offered up to $2000 in upgrade credits and so forth. I told them to screw off and i make that amount in a few days being a physician and they can't simply buy my loyalty or lack thereof. If this post disappears, you know ac is in on it n

ermahgerd.Popcorn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.