Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedlever

Trusted Member
Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Basically, what this tells me is that the iPhone leaves EVERYTHING running in the background. While the Note 7 shuts apps down UNLESS you decide to multitask. So, iPhone will munch down battery uselessly, while the Note 7 attempts to use its power resources more efficiently. Personally, I never race through apps like the video. So I never seem to have to worry about this "issue".

I'm not sure the battery usage projection is accurate. That A10 Fusion sure looks like a beast.

Here's another comparison between the iP7 and the N7. I don't know which variant the N7 is (SD or Exynos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If getting MM 6.0.1 (released December 2015) out to a Note4 in September 2016 is their idea of stepping up their game, then I must have an entirely different idea of what it means to step up their game. ;)

And the funny thing about OEMs releasing security updates is that apparently, unlocked devices aren't getting the updates.

You're right about the Note 4, I was referring to their progress on their more recent flagships though. Every positive step has a date that it can't retroactively impact and so most changes are made with a "from now on" initiative.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure the battery usage projection is accurate. That A10 Fusion sure looks like a beast.

Here's another comparison between the iP7 and the N7. I don't know which variant the N7 is (SD or Exynos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PK_6F_Bhk

Don't make any difference.
They already showed.
With more pixels on the Note 7.
And the larger screen
YOu can't compare the 2 phones with each other.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Went in my New note 7 and turned animations down to 1.5.
Put a lot of apps I don't use to sleep.
And turned the notifications to a lot of apps off.

and optimizing my phone in the maintenance app.
My new note 7 is running pretty good.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Went in my New note 7 and turned animations down to 1.5.
Put a lot of apps I don't use to sleep.
And turned the notifications to a lot of apps off.

and optimizing my phone in the maintenance app.
My new note 7 is running pretty good.

You should set it to .5x or Animation off. 1x is default.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What does animations do for the phones operation.
What does it change when you turn them off?
Animations look nice when navigating your phone, but they can cause delays and even slow down devices. Disabling them can improve your Android device's performance.
I always have all my Animations turned off. All of my Notes run so smooth with no lag.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I also encountered this for my first unit, very frustrating. Even after factory setup does not solve it completely.

Do you know what triggered it? I did not enable heptic feedback.

I wish I knew what triggered it. Well I've handed it back for replacement due to the battery problem. They say I should get it tomorrow fingers crossed. Had to hand it back really after Samsung sent an update limiting my battery to 60% charge capacity.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll call it - this is nonsense.
So is this thread.

If you've got lag, there are a number of ways to resolve it.
If you can't resolve it, move on to another phone.

The drama here on behalf of the OP is so unfreakinbelievable.

How would you resolve the lag? If you tell me, I can tell you I tried it then you can get another phone.

kyle0k

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I just wanted to add a very interesting data point here. I didn't do any official testing but I am fairly confident in the results. My wife and I both got note 7's and her's always lagged a little more than mine. You can see it in my previous posts. I complained about this. Both of ours lagged from the beginning and then mine straightened up and became decent while hers didn't.

Fast forward to Monday and she received her replacement (I haven't yet). I was setting everything up on it for her and it is lightning quick! No lag whatsoever. Even now it works SO SMOOTH that I'm stunned. Blows away the smoothness of even mine when I had it. I'll give it a few more days and see how it goes.

However the lesson of the story should be clear here.... The people that are super adamant about either acknowledging or not acknowledging the possible problem are being ignorant. Just because your works GREAT/TERRIBLE doesn't mean that all work that way.

To me, that shows that there IS a problem. They should all work smoothly.

nick1226

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power