Note 7 - This lag is unfreakingbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone into your setting, and device maintenance.
And optimized your battery, ram and storage,
i do this a couple times a week.
and I cut my phone off and back on about 4 times a week also.

paul87russell

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I experienced lag with my first Note 7 (pre-recall)'s keyboard and was so annoyed that i wanted to sell the exchanged one once i got it but upon getting the new one there's no lag at all with my new Note 7. Try to update the software, reset, or have it exchanged.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Just to make some things clear.

Lag is defined as a noticeable delay between an action or command that is being sent and the expected response that said action should reproduce.

For instance, tapping an app icon but it not doing anything for about a second or two before the app-open animation plays is defined as lag. However, if you tap the app icon but the animation takes a while, that's not actually "lag" in that definition. It just means that the animation is just too long. Likewise, if the phone responds to the action of tapping the app icon with the animation quickly but the app itself takes a while to load, it's usually because the phone is loading the app from storage to memory and the processor is processing data in order to make the app work. That means if your phone has a weaker processor and a slower memory controller like eMMC that's below 5.0 or even 5.1, you will notice a delay in how long it takes for an app to load. Most flagship Androids of 2016 currently use the much-faster UFS 2.0 storage controller, though it's also worth noting that the iPhone uses an even-faster NVMe-based controller.

People really don't know the difference between lag and longer animations....my tmobile note 7 device so far has been lag free with only slight stutters during app installations which is typical on any Android device...both of my iPad pro's larger and smaller can exhibit stuttering at times and the new animations with ios 10 lag a bit now too....

That's what I feel so too. Even some review videos demonstrating lags on Note 7 isn't really lag to me.

My Nexus 9 is the mother of all lags, so I certainly know what lag is. I dun really feel there is any lag on my G4 and Note 7, but Note 7 is noticeably faster in loading than G4.

E Padilla

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
My note 7 is slightly laggy at times. I know its lag considering when I restart my device the problem is fixed. I especially notice the lag in using the Facebook app or going through my list of applications.

Its a hit and miss. Sometimes the device is perfect and other times its just slightly laggy but nothing frustrating. The device is definitely a great device nonetheless.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I live out in the country. Used to use a iPhone, was running from one end of the house to the other to use the phone.
Same thing outside.
Got a Samsung and a lot of trying to find a signal left.
So I can handle it taking a little while to process the information.
Thing the Samsung gets a better signal to talk.

Ben Lester

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Wtf Samsung. It was nice for the first few days but now the lag is unbelievable.

Once again, great hardware. Crappy software. Even typing this message was a PITA

Found a Fix! Thru at&t anyway.. let your carrier remotely log into your phone. They found that my android web view module didn't update properly and forced it to update. My note 7 is SUPER smooth now! They started by mentioning an occulous App was causing issues for people but i didnt have that in my App list. My phone was lagging at every input, scrolling App switching and i had done everything from zeroing out animations to limiting background processes. Now I have everything back on and still Zero lag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret