08-31-2016 08:15 AM
96 1234
tools
    I use it constantly. I've found that at times you have to reposition the card, but I find it works at 9 out of ten places. Much more secure than swiping your card.
    08-24-2016 09:03 AM
    No app will be able to do that because it's a security risk. The reason banks have to be on board is because they use a token system and that has to be approved by your bank. Without that, Samsung Pay would be very easy to spoof and more fraud could occur. So while what you're saying is possible, no company would ever do it
    Unless the OP can somehow fit his phone into the magnetic card reader slot, it is also physically impossible to work as he imagined.
    08-24-2016 09:07 AM
    Unless the OP can somehow fit his phone into the magnetic card reader slot, it is also physically impossible to work as he imagined.
    Lol you know what I mean.
    Mooncatt likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:07 AM
    I just made a stop at our local really good cupcake shop they use a tablet with one of those little square reader that they stick in the top I was able to use Samsung pay on my phone to buy the cupcake they thought that was the coolest thing they have ever seen lol
    twmanga1 and MsBlingberry like this.
    08-24-2016 10:41 AM
    This right here. I didn't use Android Pay at all because they didn't have Chase. Now, I rarely pull out my cards since Samsung Pay works for me. Waiting to get to the point when Chase ATM's will work with it (or with the Chase app, whichever comes first).
    I have chase as well check out the thread I just posted about the cupcake shop
    08-24-2016 10:43 AM
    That's disappointing to hear that Discover won't work, as that's my primary card. I'm starting to use my Chase card more anyway so at least that one will work.
    08-24-2016 10:49 AM
    Discover will be added soon from what I have been told by their Twitter account
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-24-2016 11:28 AM
    You can also check here if you want to see the current list.

Which banks and credit cards are compatible with Samsung Pay?
    08-24-2016 11:29 AM
    One thing you have to remember it's not Samsung Pay, it's the banks. They need to allow their cards to be compatible/work with Samsung Pay, it' can't be that difficult as the list of newly added banks continues to grow.
    08-24-2016 11:42 AM
    Does anyone know if my thin rubber case is the reason why I cannot get Samsung Pay to work? I was at Wal Mart, where it did not work and then my grocery story where the cashier says it works for some but not for others. She had one work earlier this morning but it did not work for me. My cards are supported and I am ready to use. What the heck gives!?
    08-24-2016 12:20 PM
    I have a case on my phone and have only had one time it didn't work. I've used it at several locations/different stores and not had problems but I tried it at a Subway for the first time last weekend and it didn't work... rare occurrence but it can happen.
    08-24-2016 12:33 PM
    ....and a lot of merchants don't allow Samsung Pay. ShopRite and Home Depot are two major ones (small mom and pop stores block it too) where they ask for the card to be inserted in the chip reader to perform the transaction. It's pretty disappointing that these merchants don't allow it.
    08-24-2016 12:40 PM
    discover...lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-24-2016 12:40 PM
    Okay ... I think I figured it out. With Android Pay the app does not have to be open at first. Tapping the terminal prompts the app open. The Samsung Pay app and desired card must be open and ready to go for it to work. I have a square contactless reader and I charged myself a dollar and figured it out. Got my $20 Samsung card and now I know how to use the darn thing.
    08-24-2016 03:46 PM
    Discover only started working with apple pay about 8 months ago.
    08-24-2016 03:53 PM
    You can always use a gear s2...
    What? I never knew that!! I have a LG Urbane but I had no idea that the Gear S2 would transmit the signal as well? That is very cool and may tip the scales in Samsung's favor when I upgrade my watch! Thanks!

Would be nice if it worked with the Gear Fit 2. lol
    08-24-2016 08:53 PM
    Okay ... I think I figured it out. With Android Pay the app does not have to be open at first. Tapping the terminal prompts the app open. The Samsung Pay app and desired card must be open and ready to go for it to work. I have a square contactless reader and I charged myself a dollar and figured it out. Got my $20 Samsung card and now I know how to use the darn thing.
    I like Android Pay because of that.. but now I'm okay with swiping up for Samsung Pay and Samsung Pay seems to just do more - like hold my gift cards, and the periodic promotions they have. Also, one thing I really like about Samsung Pay is that the charges go through on my statement as if I used my credit card at the merchant, with their names. If I recall, Android Pay charges come across something like ANDROID PAY_ BEST BUY or something like that. It made it seem like Samsung Pay was more seamless. Also, I get instantly notified of any charges on my card regardless of whether or not Samsung Pay was used... Oops, didn't mean to turn this into a commercial for Samsung Pay.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:03 PM
    Does anyone know if my thin rubber case is the reason why I cannot get Samsung Pay to work? I was at Wal Mart, where it did not work and then my grocery story where the cashier says it works for some but not for others. She had one work earlier this morning but it did not work for me. My cards are supported and I am ready to use. What the heck gives!?
    No. I have had a case on all my phones and it did not affect Samsung Pay.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:09 PM
    All of your questions and many more are already answered on the AndroidCentral Samsung Pay forum. You should check it out.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:16 PM
    For me it's become less reliable, get lots of card error even with NFC terminal. Don't have those issues with Apple pay, going to just use Android pay to see how it goes and just use Samsung pay when there is some promotion or something. Sure I'll miss Samsung pay at non NFC terminal but if it's not reliable every time then it's tough to use.
    08-24-2016 09:28 PM
    I only use one CC (Capitol One) but SP didn't support it so I used a Citi Double Cash card. LOVE using the SP. It's pure entertainment value <lol> I'm sure before too long the fun will come to an end as more people use it. It's worked everywhere. But, I have a question. I place the back of my phone to the edge of the card reader (where you would swipe a card). Is that where It goes? Sometimes it beeps right away and sometimes it takes a bit longer as I move the phone up and down the edge of the reader. And do some people place the phone on the card reader's screen?
    08-24-2016 11:21 PM
    I just tried it out and it works great. I wasn't aware you can pay without nfc so this is great as it works anywhere you can swipe a card. I got notification of reward right away and it added debit card with $20.

I am new to android, can samsung work with tap to pay (nfc) with the phone off or will that load android pay which I don't have setup? I will test it out when I can but wondering if anyone knows.
    08-24-2016 11:35 PM
    I like Samsung and Android pay, but I have to say Apple pay still destroys them both in terms of ease of use. There's no swiping up or logging in. You just put the phone up to the terminal, it recognizes what you're doing, displays the credit card icon, and you authorize with your fingerprint. Android pay is close with the Nexus 6P in that the fingerprint scanner is on the back, and the NFC antennae is right up at the top, like the Iphone.
    08-24-2016 11:42 PM
    All of your questions and many more are already answered on the AndroidCentral Samsung Pay forum. You should check it out.
    I actually answered my question through my own square reader but I will check out that forum as well. Thanks for the tip.
    08-25-2016 08:05 AM
    I thought Samsung pay could automatically magnetically read any (credit) card I want and then magnetically replay it at payment terminal at command. Turns out it's limited to only a supported list of credit cards and store cards, which sadly doesn't seem to include discover card.
    Will an app be able to do what I imagined ?
    The problem is not with Samsung Pay, but with your bank. My bank and credit union are not signed up yet. Hoever. My Chase Amazon CR is. So is my COSTCO CITI visa card. Both work great at almost any terminal.
    I love it when the clerk says it won't work and when it does they take out their iPhone and ask "how do I get my phone to do that?". My response is "sell your iPhone and buy a samsung "
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-25-2016 08:52 AM
96 1234