Samsung Pay not what I imagined.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
NFC can be programmed to work the way you describe because of the way NFC works. There is a secure chip in the reader that connects, activates the phone, asks for your approval and then transfers of information. The key is a specialized terinal that activates the phone. These are still rare.

For MST, there is nothing on the reader to activate Samsung Pay -- which is the absolute beauty of it. Of course they could have your phone constatantly broadcasting your info so it would just work when you put it up to the terminal . . . Clearly the wrong thing to do on so many levels. As a result, since the terminal cannot activate your phone, you need to.
This.

bmg6

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
It works for almost all of my accounts.
This is a matter of the CC company not subscribing to Samsung Pay.
You should make the request of your CC company. And ask anyone that you know with that card to do the same.

I hope your card joins soon enough, I love the convenience and my wallet being thin. :)

*some places don't know that it works with their device, you can scan the right side or the left top of the swipe device. The cashier may have to click the payment method on the register first.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Just used it at a JerseyMike's for lunch the girl said oh Apple Pay I said no Samsung Pay, she claimed no chip won't work - while she was saying it wouldn't work it went thru and after asking if I wanted my receipt she said wow

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I never thought I'd really use this a lot. I read about the $20 Samsung pay promotion, so I signed up and used it. Pretty cool, my kids think so too. I tried using it this morning at Starbucks and it didn't work...hopefully this was just some glitch.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I've tried it 4 different times and it hasn't worked yet. My kids were embarrassed ??????

Have you watched a video? Go to a store that is slow so you can mess around with it and figure it out without feeling the pressure. Once you do, then you will be in good shape.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Just to be clear, I have used it successfully at Chic fil a, Best Buy and Target. This morning at Starbucks didn't work, then this afternoon I used successfully at a local ice cream shop. I will continue to use this feature...way more than I ever thought I would!

mikef91

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I thought Samsung pay could automatically magnetically read any (credit) card I want and then magnetically replay it at payment terminal at command. Turns out it's limited to only a supported list of credit cards and store cards, which sadly doesn't seem to include discover card.
Will an app be able to do what I imagined ?

Works flawlessly for me everywhere I use it. The list of accepted banks grows weekly. I use Bank of America and have no problems using it. I don't even use a physical card anymore.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So do you need to be precise where you tap your phones on the terminals? I learned how to get Samsung Pay to work on my own Square reader. It worked very quickly on that device.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I do like a lot about SP is that you can switch cards on the go as soon as you swipe up. I do alternate between my AmEx and Visa so it's really helpful. I don't have any speed issues and frankly by now - no cashiers have given me any slack for taking a little more time if there is a problem. I think they are used to it by now. Also, even with the occasional 'delay' - it still just about always ends up faster than someone using the chip reader or someone looking for change. People who pay with the NFC or swipe terminals with their phone are just about always primed to have their phone ready to begin with. I can't say the same about people who pay with cash and sometimes credit.... it amazes me to this day people who get up to the register and wait until they get the final total that they owe and THEN open up their bag and look for their wallet. Really? Did you think it was going to be free? lol - oops, got on a soapbox there. :)

xxaarraa

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
Samsung pay has worked perfectly for me at every store I've tried it in - 3 to 4. Very quick too, much quicker than it used to be in older galaxies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power