Note 7 not reading 64 gig SanDisk SD card

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with their note 7 reading their SD card? When I first received the phone it worked no problem, but today I noticed it said no SD interested. I've taken it out and placed it back in and it won't read. Tried it in my note 4 and it reads perfectly. Guess I have to go to the store and get an exchange. Just hope they have some blue ones in Stock as I got the last one in store this past weekend.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Try reformatting the card. If you have a computer, copy anything you don't want to lose to a folder on the computer and then format the card. Copy everything back and I bet the phone will then read the card. I had the same problem with my S7 Edge. The card would be read by my Note 4/Note Edge but not by the S7 Edge. Formatting it worked.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Before going for an exchange, try reading/writing another card. If it is a hardware issue, it is very likely that you will see problems. But my guess is that the problem lies where others have already commented, format. Let the device format the card.

Good luck!

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Before going for an exchange, try reading/writing another card. If it is a hardware issue, it is very likely that you will see problems. But my guess is that the problem lies where others have already commented, format. Let the device format the card.

Good luck!

Remember though that this phone wasn't seeing his card where it could be seen on another phone.

coolbreeze78

May 6, 2011
Visit site
If you have a digital camera and SD adapter, put it in the camera and format. Put back in phone and format using the phone. This works every time.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Strangely enough, I had a 64 GB Samsung Pro card from my Note 4 that I pulled out when I had to trade it in to AT&T when I switched from Verizon last year. I ended up sticking it in the free Samsung Tablet they gave me with my Note 5. It still had pictures and music from the Note 4 that I was able to access with the Tab 8. I plugged it into the Note 7 and there they were, fully available again. Not sure if it was ghe initial format by another Samsung device or what but it worked over three generations of devices!

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the phone isn't seeing the card so it will need to be formatted in something else that does see the card.
Agreed. Format using exFAT on a PC, then put it back in your phone. As long as it reads, it wouldn't hurt to format it again in the storage management settings.

Tristan Dimzon

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Note 7 brand new. I have an issue with mine as well. I store some of my apps to my SD and my pics aswell, often times my SD card cant be detected by my phone but sometimes it is. randomly and intermettently my apps and pics stored in my SD will go missing then reappear after awhile. I thought it was SD card issue so i put the sd card on my old Note 2 phone and tried it for a day no issues whatsoever, so I thought it was the phone, like a loose slot or tray for the SD. I had the phone exchanged, but I have the same issue again. Bought a new SD, formatted it. stored all my old contents. let us see. I mean why will it work then all of sudden it wont?! frustrating!

Tristan Dimzon

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else having trouble with their note 7 reading their SD card? When I first received the phone it worked no problem, but today I noticed it said no SD interested. I've taken it out and placed it back in and it won't read. Tried it in my note 4 and it reads perfectly. Guess I have to go to the store and get an exchange. Just hope they have some blue ones in Stock as I got the last one in store this past weekend.

Hey is it fixed yet? Same issue with you although I already exchanged my phone and bought a new SD card, formatted it and transferred all my old data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer