Landscape Videos are Portrait Orientation....?

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
So I recorded my first video (default FHD resolution) yesterday. I'm 99% sure I had auto rotation on my phone, as opposed to it being locked in portrait mode. I recorded the video holding the phone sideways - in landscape mode. When I play the video on my phone it plays in landscape orientation, wide-screen style.

I uploaded the video to google drive and then downloaded the file to my computer so I could snip off 15 seconds and play it on a projector using a PC. When I played the video on my PC, Windows Media Player (my work computer is on Windows 7 I think, maybe 8) it played in the correct orientation. However, when I opened the video file in a video editing program, it opened in portrait orientation so the video was showing sideways. I used that program to convert the video a different format (WMA) to see if that would help, but the converted video played sideways as well, and now even windows media player wouldn't correct the orientation.

So 2 questions:

1) Is there a setting I've missed in the Samsung camera app that will lock orientation of videos? Is there some other way to do this that I'm not aware of?

2) Is there a good video editing app out there that I can download which enables trimming of video files? I'll pay for it, so paid apps are fine. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair