3rd Party Launcher like Nova Prime?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm new to Android after 10 year absence.

What is the advantage, purpose/benefit of a 3rd party "launcher"?

THANKS. Peace. Alan

monkeypimp

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
That's just not enough info. But still...

Peace. Alan

While it may not be enough info, it really is the correct answer.

You can:
increase the grid size ...from 6x5 up to 8 x 7 rows and columns of icons.
change the grid size of the app drawer from 4x4 up to 6x6
change icon sizes, have labels on the icons, etc
ad gestures to icons...for example set your Internet icon to automatically go to search when you swipe up on the icon, etc
Increase the dock to have up to 7 icons and create up to 3 docks, and move the app drawer icon
backup and restore your launcher settings.

there is much more but I think those things alone make it a much more robust launcher.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
That's just not enough info. But still...

Peace. Alan

Ok

there's so much literature about Nova Prime launcher out there....

My top 5 reasons why I love Nova Prime

1. "Lock Desktop" once activated you cannot accidentally move or delete apps by mistake on home screens.

2. Scroll effects.

3. Unread counts with Notifyer+

4. Looks beautiful

5. Multiple folders to choose from.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Ok

there's so much literature about Nova Prime launcher out there....

My top 5 reasons why I love Nova Prime

1. "Lock Desktop" once activated you cannot accidentally move or delete apps by mistake on home screens.

2. Scroll effects.

3. Unread counts with Notifyer+

4. Looks beautiful

5. Multiple folders to choose from.

So THAT's the advantage of a 3rd party launcher. Ok.
What does Nova Prime REPLACE then?

Peace. Alan

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
My favorites are custom folder icons, custom row/column and allowing continuous scroll of pages. By continuous scroll I mean say you only have 3 pages created, you scroll from right to left and once you are on the 3rd page it just stops, you then have to scroll left to right or hit the home button. With Nova, once you hit the 3rd page continue swiping and you are back on the first... this also works with the app drawer. Not earth shattering but it's the simple things like this that Nova provides which makes using this phone a better experience in my opinion.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
So THAT's the advantage of a 3rd party launcher. Ok.
What does Nova Prime REPLACE then?

Peace. Alan
Replace? It is just another layer on top of Touchwiz, on top of Android.

It is just another way of interacting with your phone. Unlike IOS , which basically all phones are the same when it comes to looks and navigation.

I hope this makes sense lol

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My favorites are custom folder icons, custom row/column and allowing continuous scroll of pages. By continuous scroll I mean say you only have 3 pages created, you scroll from right to left and once you are on the 3rd page it just stops, you then have to scroll left to right or hit the home button. With Nova, once you hit the 3rd page continue swiping and you are back on the first... this also works with the app drawer. Not earth shattering but it's the simple things like this that Nova provides which makes using this phone a better experience in my opinion.
My friend THAT'S an answer. I've been to the Play Store and read all there and looked at the graphics. But can you tell me why some people seem to imply that its a great performance enhancer is if was a "lag" preventative as well?

Thanks. Peace. Alan

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Replace? It is just another layer on top of Touchwiz, on top of Android.

It is just another way of interacting with your phone. Unlike IOS , which basically all phones are the same when it comes to looks and navigation.

I hope this makes sense lol
That does makes sense.

Thanks. Peace. Alan

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
TOUCHWIZ homescreen

9518cbe96f3429dae705c9bf3a00d341.jpg

NOVA PRIME homescreen

0ed10be40e55fca28ed6f0e5fcbcb63e.jpg

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

Are you still using the stock calendar app with Nova? I noticed it's a different icon and the date is actually correct. On my phone with Nova, the date on the calendar app always displays 30. I realize that's probably a limitation of going from Touchwiz to Nova, just wondering how you were able to do that if it's the stock app.

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you still using the stock calendar app with Nova? I noticed it's a different icon and the date is actually correct. On my phone with Nova, the date on the calendar app always displays 30. I realize that's probably a limitation of going from Touchwiz to Nova, just wondering how you were able to do that if it's the stock app.
Very good observation, no I am not using the stock calendar app.

I am using " today calendar widget " Cause it is the only app that will show the current date for today

83f88289b10b0cd17fda54a3a915a292.jpg

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Do launchers like Nova Prime slow down the phone at all?
I can tell you that Nova doesn't. I've used it on every phone I've had for the last 3 or 4 years. Other launchers might slow the phone down. I don't know as I don't mess with any others very much.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX