Textra or Google messenger?

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Textra if you enjoy simple and easy to use. I like it, and they consistently update it with more features. It's come a way long way since I first bought it two years ago

Posted from the N7 Dolphin Tears™ on Big Red

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone have problems sending pictures using Textra? I used to use Chomp years ago and I could never send pictures through it so since then, I feel that all third party messengers might not be as reliable as stock messengers when it comes to sending pictures or media files.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I use Textra. The quick reply on Textra is awesome -- so is the customization in the sense of setting when the phone lights up and when it doesn't.

JawjaBill

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Not saying that Google messenger is not a very capable platform, but when I found Textra, I stopped looking for something better.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if you are coming from an iPhone, but textra has iPhone like pop up and reply options when you receive a text. The only thing I wish I can change, and maybe I can but I don't see how, is how you delete text messages. I wish I could just swipe and have it delete or long hold. I hate having to reach to the left side and hit the trash.

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Textra for sure! Although at this moment I'm still giving the stock app a shot, it's night and day over my Note 4. But I do miss the simplicity and theme options on textra (stock is close, but not quite the same). Quick reply is a godsend, I love having the pop-up without having to exit my current app. At a couple points in time I had issues sending pictures or any MMS on it and tried everything under the sun to fix it that I could find, but eventually it fixed itself. The constant updates are nice as well. It's super simple, super fast, I'll probably switch to it after this reply ha!

Posted via the Android Central App

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if you are coming from an iPhone, but textra has iPhone like pop up and reply options when you receive a text. The only thing I wish I can change, and maybe I can but I don't see how, is how you delete text messages. I wish I could just swipe and have it delete or long hold. I hate having to reach to the left side and hit the trash.

Are you talking about individual messages or conversation threads? You can swipe a conversation thread to the right and hit the trash button to delete the thread.

Yabooti

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Textra is amazing, I've used CHOMP, Messenger, Hangouts, LG Stock/Samsung Stock and nothing compares. Textra is always updating/innovating. I spent the few $ to become a "Pro" User and it was well worth it!
I can't imaging texting life without it..

djlee0314

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have problems sending pictures using Textra? I used to use Chomp years ago and I could never send pictures through it so since then, I feel that all third party messengers might not be as reliable as stock messengers when it comes to sending pictures or media files.

You may want to change your MMS carrier limit. Go into settings > MMS > under "MMS Advanced" > Carrier Send Limit. I have mine set to 2MB and no issues.

Cmikos

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have been very pleased with the stock app on the N7. I had been a loyal Textra user but have been very impressed with Samsungs improved functionality from the N4.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz