Coral Blue - What color are the sides supposed to be?

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I always thought the side was supposed to be a gold color. Looking at pictures posted online and even videos. However, I just received my phone through mail and straight up silver.

Is it supposed to be silver? Is it just lighting that makes pictures and videos appear gold?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's what I thought. But no matter how I turn it under lighting, it just looks silver. Unless my eyes are just going bad lol Are there different variants?

Not that I'm aware of. If your carrier or any other carrier has the blue in stock, run by there and compare them.

Myself I haven't seen the blue at Best Buy but have at T-Mobile. It may be different for your area.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
lol you guys don't know how much I'm rotating the phone and looking at it under different lighting. Unless I'm crazy, mine is definitely silver. Tmobile is closed now, I will bring it in tomorrow.

It is definitely a real phone too, I called tmobile to preorder it.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
lol you guys don't know how much I'm rotating the phone and looking at it under different lighting. Unless I'm crazy, mine is definitely silver. Tmobile is closed now, I will bring it in tomorrow.

It is definitely a real phone too, I called tmobile to preorder it.

Under some low light conditions I can get the rose gold color to look silver but only in a very specific orientation and the power and volume buttons always show as gold.

vlfifthdawnlv

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Maybe my idea of cooper/gold is different but that looks pretty silver to me. I love gold/cooper so I look at them a lot. All my cases has a touch of gold to it.

The last picture is my note 5's case with gold border next to the Note 7. I mean I understand it shades vary but that looks pretty silver to me. In the picture, I can see a hint of cooper but I think that's just the gold on the case reflecting off it a bit.

I don't know. I mean if it is how its supposed to look then fine. I just thought it was the same shade of gold from the tmobile website.

20160824_210402.jpg20160824_210410.jpg20160824_210605.jpg20160824_210608.jpg20160824_211436.jpg

Last edited:

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Maybe my idea of cooper/gold is different but that looks pretty silver to me. I love gold/cooper so I look at them a lot. All my cases has a touch of gold to it.

The last picture is my note 5's case with gold border next to the Note 7. I mean I understand it shades vary but that looks pretty silver to me. In the picture, I can see a hint of cooper but I think that's just the gold on the case reflecting off it a bit.

I don't know. I mean if it is how its supposed to look then fine. I just thought it was the same shade of gold from the tmobile website.

View attachment 237009View attachment 237010View attachment 237011View attachment 237012View attachment 237013

That looks pretty silver. Mine kinda look the same. I'll take my case off later and check again. I have a rose gold ring and the sides match my silver rings more.

Christine Aflak

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
That is so sick. I wouldn't return that at all! Limited edition ;) silver and blue go together better than gold and blue... or whatever that colour was.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Unless I'm crazy, the T-Mobile Coral Blue seems to be less gold and more silver compared to the Verizon version I've seen in person. Not sure why, but noticed this very early on and I think others are starting to notice this. Was a bit disappointing as I'm on T-Mobile and expected it to be more gold from render shots. Still nice, but just not what I expected.

Let me guess... the OP has a T-Mobile version?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Unless I'm crazy, the T-Mobile Coral Blue seems to be less gold and more silver compared to the Verizon version I've seen in person. Not sure why, but noticed this very early on and I think others are starting to notice this. Was a bit disappointing as I'm on T-Mobile and expected it to be more gold from render shots. Still nice, but just not what I expected.

Let me guess... the OP has a T-Mobile version?

Oh that would be great. I'm TMO and wanted it to be silver in the first place.

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh that would be great. I'm TMO and wanted it to be silver in the first place.

Lucky you. It was the opposite for me. I actually considered switching carriers because of this (strange, I know) but stuck with T-Mobile. Worth it for the lack of carrier branding on the device. Those Verizon and ATT logos on phones are a deal breaker for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol