Is there a text messaging app that will allow me to also receive texts on my iPad also - kinda like how iMessage does with iPhones and iPads?

I'm using Textra now but would like something that works with my iPad as well if possible and it seems Textra does not.

It seems the VZW Message+ does this and I may try it but would entertain other options.
    08-24-2016 07:41 PM
    None do it well, iMessage only works so well because Apple can route everything through their servers. I've tried mightytext and hangouts which were glitchy and slow but have heard message+ is better. I'm not on Verizon so that's the one I've missed.
    08-24-2016 08:22 PM
    If you are on VZW...Message+ is good. Not only do I get texts on my iPad and iMac, I can answer phone calls too.
    dsignori likes this.
    08-24-2016 09:14 PM
    If you are on VZW...Message+ is good. Not only do I get texts on my iPad and iMac, I can answer phone calls too.
    You know, I have been hearing good things about Message+ a lot lately. I never tried the app, but after your note I downloaded it, and I have to say that it seems surprisingly good with lots of features. I may or may not keep it on my Note 7, but it is just fantastic for my iPad. It is really nice to have the ability to SMS, CALL, and even video call using my cell # from my iPad. It backs up messages and syncs even if you are not using Message+ on your phone.

I just installed it an hour ago, but call me impressed so far...
    08-24-2016 10:10 PM
    There is this

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ation_for_ipad

They want a monthly sub though. Screw that. Everyone wants a few bucks for things and it adds up. I think they offer a one time purchase for some obscene amount of cash. Don't know if it's good or not. Many of the positive reviews were solicited from Reddit for a $29 lifetime offer. Don't trust them too much.
    08-25-2016 12:28 AM