Anyone getting Samsung's protection plus insurance for their Note 7

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I see the Note 7 is now available for Samsung's protection plus insurance. It seems like a pretty good deal for $129 for 2 years with a $99 deductible. I had it for my S6 but never had to use it. Anyone have any experience making claims with them. Here's the link to the webpage Samsung Protection Plus

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I see the Note 7 is now available for Samsung's protection plus insurance. It seems like a pretty good deal for $129 for 2 years with a $99 deductible. I had it for my S6 but never had to use it. Anyone have any experience making claims with them. Here's the link to the webpage Samsung Protection Plus
Not really a good deal you add 129 + 99 it's near the price they charge to replace the glass anyway. Maybe if you break it a second time it starts becoming a better deal.

http://www.theverge.com/tech/2016/8/22/12588008/galaxy-note-7-screen-replacement-gorilla-glass-5

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
As mentioned, for that total price you could pretty much pay for a new screen if it ever did break. I never purchase any extended warranty/protection for my smartphones because they go straight into a case with a screen protector out of the box, and this has always been enough to keep my phones looking like new even with the occasional drop.
ETA: another reason that an expensive plan like that wouldn't make sense for me is that I'm on T-Mobile jump on demand... so I trade up to the newest Galaxy phone every 5 to 6 months.

Last edited:

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
I purchased it. I've had it in the past and have used it. It's quick and really.easy. compared to the deductibles you would pay with a carrier it's defiantly worth it.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I almost signed up for it until I read further into their policy and they give themselves room to send a refurb if they want. Not really interested in that. Rather just stick with my $8 a month AT&T insurance since I know I'll be trading this sucker in for another phone within 6 months like I always do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy