08-27-2016 11:50 AM
37 12
tools
    Yeah but still.....BOOOOOOO lol. Maybe I'll start using samsung browser.
    08-24-2016 11:58 PM
    Sorry for double post
    08-25-2016 12:01 AM
    Try and download 360 security.

It does lots of things you aren't even aware of. Sometime ago, my device was under attack. Less than 3 months after it was purchased, I kept seeing pop up ads and some useless apps. I ended up wiping it. Months later, it came back and this time around, it rendered my device useless cos It turned the screen blind and refused to power on. I gave up after several attempts. I was later told to download 360 security. But it was late

I got another samsung phone and installed it. I have never been attacked. I got a small device and the problem came. The phone was being attacked so I had to install the 360 security. There are three major stages. The BOOST , the CLEAN and the ANTIVIRUS. When I finally got to the antivirus, 6 malwares were already in some inbuilt app. I couldn't have imagined cos it wasn't something I downloaded.

Hope this helps. Cheers
    08-26-2016 09:15 AM
    Wow, now that is some nested feature!......Samsung Settings -> Phone -> Applications -> Application Manager -> Internet -> Storage -> Clear Cache.
    Thanks MSM....would have never found that one on my own.
    A simpler way to get to the clear cache is to long press the icon->App Info->Storage->clear cache
    08-26-2016 09:33 AM
    A simpler way to get to the clear cache is to long press the icon->App Info->Storage->clear cache
    Great tip, thk.
    08-26-2016 10:17 AM
    I got a popup like this trying to read this thread lol. Are they viruses or just ads? Always been curious..
    08-26-2016 12:15 PM
    I got a popup like this trying to read this thread lol. Are they viruses or just ads? Always been curious..
    I don't dare go to any Mobile Nations site without an adblocker. I hate that I have to be that way, but these sites are awful with popups and invasive ads. I have no problem whitelisting sites I visit regularly to help support them, but I can't with this one or imore.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-26-2016 12:30 PM
    As for complete system wide adblocking including blocking ads in any app, I use Adguard. It costs money but it is 100% worth it. You can allow certain apps to allow ads if you want to support them that way but I block all ads in everything on any phone I use.
    08-26-2016 02:35 PM
    If there are domains you want blocked, your router would be one way.

Does Android have a hosts file? And could that be why?

Lookout came on mine but I'm long time user Kaspersky which helps, but doesn't support Firefox (it does Internet and Chrome) which has a number of security extensions.
    08-26-2016 02:44 PM
    When I got my new Active a month ago, I was having the same problem. Suddenly every time I pulled up a site, it was hijacked with bogus security warnings that made my phone vibrate and beep. Everything I read said to disable java in the browser. That's what I did and haven't had another problem.

FYI, Chrome does have a pop-up blocker. It didn't do anything to stop this stuff, though.
    08-26-2016 03:19 PM
    Dolphin browser works for me. Never an issue.
    08-26-2016 06:30 PM
    I once got that popup using a link from Twitter to CNN! Not exactly disreputable sites. I use free adblocker browser. I don't like blocking all ads (like amazon) in all my browsers. I use the adblocker browser to open any website I am not familiar with and when using ANY link from anyplace. I don't trust links and prefer not to use them at all. The one time I do to Cnn from Twitter I get that crap.
    08-27-2016 11:50 AM
37 12