09-04-2016 12:55 AM
123 ... 345
tools
    I would call Samsung and report it tell them they made a huge mistake the phone is more fragile than a baby. They said Gorilla glass 5 and it broke with a otterbox on that's ridiculous. They might fix it for free they did for a friend when she had a s5 she dropped. I guess the first batch of s5 s we're bad and broke easy.
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-26-2016 05:51 PM
    Try the note 4 I really like it.
    I seriously love the N3
    08-26-2016 06:15 PM
    I would call Samsung and report it tell them they made a huge mistake the phone is more fragile than a baby. They said Gorilla glass 5 and it broke with a otterbox on that's ridiculous. They might fix it for free they did for a friend when she had a s5 she dropped. I guess the first batch of s5 s we're bad and broke easy.
    Good call. It definitely can't hurt
    08-26-2016 06:15 PM
    If it didn't run so slow now I wouldn't have upgraded. I love my note 3. Nothing has destroyed it and trust me its been without a case or a screen protector and hit the pavement on many occasions but yet it still looks great.
    You and I are in tbe same position. I love my Note3 and wouldn't have upgraded if I would have known ahead of time about this edge problem. Definitely would have gone with a different device as a whole
    08-26-2016 06:17 PM
    They will not, fix it for free. That's why companies sell insurance to protect for you physical damage. They will gladly tell you to send it in, wait 10-14 days, pay a fee, they'll fix it, THEN send it back. They might replace it, but definitely won't be for free.

Why do you guys think Apple quit with glass backs?

If you buy a new car, accidentally dent a fender, I'm sure you won't take it back to the dealer. They'll tell you to file insurance.
    08-26-2016 11:47 PM
    No case will protect a phone if the surface it falls on is uneven or has a protruding object within it.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 02:16 AM
    Better advice. After you repair the screen insurance would be a good idea.
    I have Asurion but don't they charge $200 deductible? How much does screen repair cost? Another poster also said they replace the Note 7 with S7 edge since they have no Note 7 refurbs and won't give you a new one.
    08-27-2016 11:30 AM
    I have Asurion but don't they charge $200 deductible? How much does screen repair cost? Another poster also said they replace the Note 7 with S7 edge since they have no Note 7 refurbs and won't give you a new one.
    I got mine in tbe mail yesterday and I'm willing to bet it's a brand new one as there are no refurbs out on the market yet
    08-27-2016 12:05 PM

Just arrived last night
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:12 PM
    I got mine in tbe mail yesterday and I'm willing to bet it's a brand new one as there are no refurbs out on the market yet
    Good. I was horrified to read a thread here in which the guy said Asurion told him 8 weeks maybe. They refused absolutely to give him Note 7
    08-27-2016 12:12 PM
    08-27-2016 12:14 PM
    08-27-2016 12:16 PM
    This app will tell you all about your phone, manufacture date and place, refurbished or not. It has adds but they aren't bad.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uyen.phoneinfo
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:25 PM
    Please don't post information such as IMEI numbers in the forums. Thank you!
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:29 PM
    Please don't post information such as IMEI numbers in the forums. Thank you!
    Feel free and delete that as can't
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:30 PM
    I got the Armorbox in today I bought off Amazon and I've got to say this case is a beast and do much better coverage than the UAG especially on the sides. If this new phone is dropped again at least I'll feel somewhat comfortable knowing it now has a fighting chance
    08-30-2016 09:25 PM
    I never drop my phones....never. HAHA! I did severely scratch my old Note 5 this year however, so yesterday I went and got a screen protector installed on my Note 7 (because this is the Note 7 and costs $900+) and the guy that installed it said I should wait 24 hours before putting a case on the phone. I seriously was considering buying a case, but figured I could wait. So 2 hours later I am holding the hand of my 1 year old and have my Note 7 in my other hand when the phone decides to fly out of my hand and fall face up onto the concrete. Front Screen turned out absolutely fine. Back of the phone almost shattered. Each corner of the phone was cracked with a couple of the corners having deep glass chips as well. My first thought: OMG OMG, OH S***, I don't buy insurance because I don't drop my phones. Second thought, Verizon gives me 30 days to buy the insurance after purchasing the phone. Ok, so insurance added and Asurion claim started. Finished my claim today and they are shipping me my replacement tomorrow.

After all the horror stories I hear about Asurion, I am glad to hear that they sent you a brand new Note 7. I hope for the same. I did have a question for you Aspenedelen, are you sending your S-Pen in when you return your cracked phone to Asurion or are you planning on keeping it?
    08-31-2016 12:44 PM
    I got a very strange smell when the edge of my Note7 glass cracked. I have no idea what caused the crack just a pop in my very loose fitting front pocket while I was driving then a very unusual smell. It smelt like really bad BO, Flatulence and sulfur combined. I think the battery expanded inside the case and caused the crack. Anyone else experience this unusual smell just before finding a cracked screen?
    09-02-2016 09:05 PM
    I never drop my phones....never. HAHA! I did severely scratch my old Note 5 this year however, so yesterday I went and got a screen protector installed on my Note 7 (because this is the Note 7 and costs $900+) and the guy that installed it said I should wait 24 hours before putting a case on the phone. I seriously was considering buying a case, but figured I could wait. So 2 hours later I am holding the hand of my 1 year old and have my Note 7 in my other hand when the phone decides to fly out of my hand and fall face up onto the concrete. Front Screen turned out absolutely fine. Back of the phone almost shattered. Each corner of the phone was cracked with a couple of the corners having deep glass chips as well. My first thought: OMG OMG, OH S***, I don't buy insurance because I don't drop my phones. Second thought, Verizon gives me 30 days to buy the insurance after purchasing the phone. Ok, so insurance added and Asurion claim started. Finished my claim today and they are shipping me my replacement tomorrow.

After all the horror stories I hear about Asurion, I am glad to hear that they sent you a brand new Note 7. I hope for the same. I did have a question for you Aspenedelen, are you sending your S-Pen in when you return your cracked phone to Asurion or are you planning on keeping it?
    I'll keep the S-pen and additional included tips when I send the old one back. I've done that with all of my old devices too. Just a "in case" the S-pen decides to get lost or somehow disappear one day.
    09-02-2016 09:56 PM
    $250.00 deductible. That really stinks. I'll keep that in mind when I get the new one. May cancel Asurion if they're going to be like that.
    09-02-2016 10:00 PM
    I got a very strange smell when the edge of my Note7 glass cracked. I have no idea what caused the crack just a pop in my very loose fitting front pocket while I was driving then a very unusual smell. It smelt like really bad BO, Flatulence and sulfur combined. I think the battery expanded inside the case and caused the crack. Anyone else experience this unusual smell just before finding a cracked screen?
    Return for your money back. The smell is from battery. You're lucky it didn't ignite. This is directly attributable to the issue Samsung admits and therefore should cost you nothing.
    09-02-2016 10:03 PM
    $250.00 deductible. That really stinks. I'll keep that in mind when I get the new one. May cancel Asurion if they're going to be like that.
    I got a new one thru Asurion no questions asked once I filled out the affidavit. There was no mention of going to a S7. If they would have tried that BS I would have escalated the situation pretty quickly as a S7 isn't what I paid for. Unfortunately now it's a moot point as all N7's are recalled. Really wish this would have happened two weeks later
    09-04-2016 12:30 AM
    My note 7 magically cracked and was feeling very hot. Small spider web at volume rocker front area and a few lines down the same side. I filed a claim with asurion (thinking no one would ever believe "crack just appeared"). Asurion told me they were out of stock and I would have to wait. I was very upset, I went with asurion because of rapid no hassle 24hr replacemnt.

Then I come home and see the recall (explains asurions out of stock). So now Samsung recall is replacing them regardless of condition, so I will refuse my insurance replacement when/if it ever arrives by mail. Part of me wants a different phone, I have doubt's about the durability of this glass,. I wish there was a few more newly released phones avail during this note 7 recall event

Edit: And the note 7 was in a OB commuter with a Verizon brand plastic lens type SP. SP was crap but got by until more option. The SP didn't have a mark on it, at first I thought it was the SP that was cracked but oh no, it was only the phones glass
    09-04-2016 12:55 AM
123 ... 345