Kinda pissed. Three day old Blue Coral N7 dropped and screen cracks

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Wow that's messed up😣 I originally didnt wanna cover up this pretty phone, but ive decided to buy an otterbox defender asap! Ive had one for every device. The Griffin Survivor cases are really good too.
I'll look into the Griffin Survivor.

Samsung us going to have major problems with this dual edge I'm afraid. Any person who uses the N7 in any remote way that other than having it sit on a desk is risking a easy cracked screen.

Robster33

Banned
Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Pretty obvious the phone has landed on the edge part of screen as its not covered, just bad luck, how can it be fully protected in a case anyway or you couldn't use the edges. Its the PHONE not the case. Wouldn't of happened with a 6S plus in a UAG.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Pretty obvious the phone has landed on the edge part of screen as its not covered, just bad luck, how can it be fully protected in a case anyway or you couldn't use the edges. Its the PHONE not the case. Wouldn't of happened with a 6S plus in a UAG.
Wouldn't have happened with my UAG case and my N3 either

hacker79

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I just cracked my note 7 screen this morning. It slid off the arm of my chair when my daughter jumped on to my lap. Even though it fell on to carpet the top front left corner hit the top of the base board on the way down. It wasn't much of a fall. I didn't even pick it up right away after it fell as it is only a couple feet, but to my surprise when I did finally pick up my phone I saw my beautiful screen was cracked. Ironically, my dbrand wrap came in the mail today. If it had come a day sooner, my phone probably would not have been slippery enough to slide off the arm of the chair....lol

Idelgado782

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
This really makes me scared about using my phone. There seem to be a lot of threads in here about people cracking their screen and haven't even had it for more than a week. One guy posted it happened within 3 hrs. I also have bulky cases because I hate having to cover up such a beautiful phone. I wonder how Samsung tested the screens for they put the phones in mass production.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I just cracked my note 7 screen this morning. It slid off the arm of my chair when my daughter jumped on to my lap. Even though it fell on to carpet the top front left corner hit the top of the base board on the way down. It wasn't much of a fall. I didn't even pick it up right away after it fell as it is only a couple feet, but to my surprise when I did finally pick up my phone I saw my beautiful screen was cracked. Ironically, my dbrand wrap came in the mail today. If it had come a day sooner, my phone probably would not have been slippery enough to slide off the arm of the chair....lol
Ughhh....that's sucks! Sorry to hear that. I presume that you have insurance and will get another one?

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This really makes me scared about using my phone. There seem to be a lot of threads in here about people cracking their screen and haven't even had it for more than a week. One guy posted it happened within 3 hrs. I also have bulky cases because I hate having to cover up such a beautiful phone. I wonder how Samsung tested the screens for they put the phones in mass production.
I'll tell you how Sammy did it. Sammy DIDN'T because if they would have they would have seen that even a slight drop on any portion of the screen is going to Crack it. They know it's what people want to see, the latest and greatest, the edgiest phone on the market. That is what people are going to buy.

hacker79

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Ughhh....that's sucks! Sorry to hear that. I presume that you have insurance and will get another one?

I have jump with T-Mobile. You still have to pay like $179 out of pocket. So im probably going to wait a little bit as this crack is only on the blue metal part and not on the actual display part or where you touch on the screen. Plus im curious to see if i get anymore cracks over the next couple weeks. It would seem the glass is pretty weak on the curved part. It looks like mine hit right where the glass and metal side meet.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear. I get it not using a case is amazing feeling but the price you pay is costly. I don't buy insurance or any extra warranty either.

It only take ONE drop where I had enough of this whole using it NAKED after what happened with my Graphite OnePlus 3, just a week old too. I was lucky with was just a small chip/dent and it only cost me $40 since I sold it for $550. A few weeks ago I was very fortunate that my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge fell from chest high and NOTHING HAPPENED not a single scratch or chip though it was on a Spigen Ultra Hybrid case thankfully.

Am I getting careless or simply lucky, since 2009 I only dropped 2 phones. This isn't my year. LOL

The Note 7 is far more slippery than the OnePlus 3 and there's no way I'm taking it out of the house until I get my Spigen Slim Armour case/wallet & Super Shieldz Tempered Glass.

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I had my note 1 day. Day 2 I dropped it about two feet with a UAG case on it. Shattered the screen. Had to do Asurion claim. Luckily they allowed me to purchase additional phone and will reimburse me.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I had my note 1 day. Day 2 I dropped it about two feet with a UAG case on it. Shattered the screen. Had to do Asurion claim. Luckily they allowed me to purchase additional phone and will reimburse me.
That seriously bad. The more and more I read about this Edge screen the more I realize Sammy didn't do their due diligence with making the weakest point as strong as possible. Honestly I love the Note series because of the Spen but I swear if this happens again I'm done and I'll be looking for a more practical high end phone

wpd214

May 15, 2011
Visit site
That seriously bad. The more and more I read about this Edge screen the more I realize Sammy didn't do their due diligence with making the weakest point as strong as possible. Honestly I love the Note series because of the Spen but I swear if this happens again I'm done and I'll be looking for a more practical high end phone

I was absolutely sick to my stomach. I had more phones than I would like to admit. This was the most minimal drop ive EVER had and first phone I have shattered. I've always had UAG cases on my phones. Not sure what happened this time.

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'll look into the Griffin Survivor.

Samsung us going to have major problems with this dual edge I'm afraid. Any person who uses the N7 in any remote way that other than having it sit on a desk is risking a easy cracked screen.

I'm so sorry your phone cracked!!! Hopefully you'll get a new replacement asap!!!!

Guyinbox

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have jump with T-Mobile. You still have to pay like $179 out of pocket. So im probably going to wait a little bit as this crack is only on the blue metal part and not on the actual display part or where you touch on the screen. Plus im curious to see if i get anymore cracks over the next couple weeks. It would seem the glass is pretty weak on the curved part. It looks like mine hit right where the glass and metal side meet.

This is similar to what happened to my brother's s7 edge. Dropped it taking it out of his pocket onto his kitchen floor in a spigen neo hybrid case and the lower left portion by the multitasking capacitive button cracked. He was going to keep using it but after a few weeks the crack ran all the way up the screen. $175 on jump insurance.

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
This is similar to what happened to my brother's s7 edge. Dropped it taking it out of his pocket onto his kitchen floor in a spigen neo hybrid case and the lower left portion by the multitasking capacitive button cracked. He was going to keep using it but after a few weeks the crack ran all the way up the screen. $175 on jump insurance.
Seems to be a common theme going on when ppl drop them. Any Sammy reps on this thread that are willing to pipe in? I'd love to hear a response

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
NOOOO! I am so sorry! Hopefully your carrier/warranty will be able to compensate you.

Breaking my screen is a nightmare to me... So I empathize!

aspenedelen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
NOOOO! I am so sorry! Hopefully your carrier/warranty will be able to compensate you.

Breaking my screen is a nightmare to me... So I empathize!
Big Red hooked me up with the insurance I had taken out three days prior thru Asurion. I signed the affidavit today and Asurion sent me a email asking some general questions then took a payment of $199 and a N7 will be arriving tomorrow afternoon.

Defender Case is on order btw