09-04-2016 12:55 AM
123 123 ...
tools
    Yeah, it happened. Tbe UAG case failed to do its job. The center left Edge screen cracked. Freaking pissed to holy hell!!
    08-24-2016 09:48 PM
    Sad! With or without case?
    08-24-2016 09:50 PM
    Very sorry to hear
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-24-2016 10:08 PM
    & I have a UAG case on the way!!!!
    08-24-2016 10:10 PM
    Better advice. After you repair the screen insurance would be a good idea.
    08-24-2016 10:44 PM
    Should have insurance on the phone period
    Carlo Villa and Nostromo79 like this.
    08-24-2016 11:56 PM
    Quick. Sign up for Samsung's protection plan.
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-25-2016 12:20 AM
    Should contact uag
    aspenedelen likes this.
    08-25-2016 12:23 AM
    My first 'smart' phone I think was the SideKick 4G, came out in 2011. I've always had insure on my phones and never used it. Lets' say that at $10 bucks a month, over 5 years, I've spent $600 on insurance and never needed it once. So when I got my Note 5 this January, I didn't get it insurance.

I had the nice black Tech21 cover on it, I dropped it from my couch to the floor, face down, BAM! I took a few breathes before flipping it over to see the damage and, the screen didn't break! But the impact did cause something inside to break, I had two lines running up and down and one left to right. In order to get the Note 7 on Jump ON DEMAND!, I had to get it fixed. So I sent it to Samsung. They were charging me $181 to fix it. So I called them, "hey, I've been a customer for years, I had the old Samsung flip phones, the Blackjack, I've owned the Sidekick 4G, the S2, Note 3, S6 edge and now Note 5, can I get a discount on the repair?" - they gave me 50% off and just paid $90.

I know have insurance on the Note 7, with T-Mobile. I asked for the price and they said $0.40 a day, so I'm guessing that's $12 bucks a month. Kinda steep since I remember at one point it was $8. My deductible I think they said was $179 - so, is insurance really worth it?

Say I own the phone for 6 months before the screen cracks, I've already paid $72 in insurance up to that point, plus $179 deductible, that comes out to $251, when Samsung might charge me $70 bucks less to fix it through them, so where is the benefit?
    Denisej and nonie like this.
    08-25-2016 01:49 AM
    I am insured thru Asurion.
    08-25-2016 02:07 AM
    With a three day old UAG case
    08-25-2016 02:07 AM
    With a case and fortunately I'm insured thru Asurion
    08-25-2016 02:09 AM
    They really blows. I've had UAG cases on the last 5 phones I've owned and they've never let me down. God only knows how many times I dropped my note 4 and it still looked new when I sold it. I wonder if there's a design flaw in the case or the edge screen is just more susceptible to breaking? Wouldn't hurt to contact UAG to see if they offer any kind of guarantee, but contacting them is a huge pita.
    08-25-2016 04:32 AM
    When I returned my Note 7 yesterday for a warranty swap, the rep dropped it on the floor naked and nothing happened. That case really sucks!
    08-25-2016 04:44 AM
    Pic?

Yeah, it happened. Tbe UAG case failed to do its job. The center left Edge screen cracked. Freaking pissed to holy hell!!
    08-25-2016 04:53 AM
    My first 'smart' phone I think was the SideKick 4G, came out in 2011. I've always had insure on my phones and never used it. Lets' say that at $10 bucks a month, over 5 years, I've spent $600 on insurance and never needed it once. So when I got my Note 5 this January, I didn't get it insurance.

I had the nice black Tech21 cover on it, I dropped it from my couch to the floor, face down, BAM! I took a few breathes before flipping it over to see the damage and, the screen didn't break! But the impact did cause something inside to break, I had two lines running up and down and one left to right. In order to get the Note 7 on Jump ON DEMAND!, I had to get it fixed. So I sent it to Samsung. They were charging me $181 to fix it. So I called them, "hey, I've been a customer for years, I had the old Samsung flip phones, the Blackjack, I've owned the Sidekick 4G, the S2, Note 3, S6 edge and now Note 5, can I get a discount on the repair?" - they gave me 50% off and just paid $90.

I know have insurance on the Note 7, with T-Mobile. I asked for the price and they said $0.40 a day, so I'm guessing that's $12 bucks a month. Kinda steep since I remember at one point it was $8. My deductible I think they said was $179 - so, is insurance really worth it?

Say I own the phone for 6 months before the screen cracks, I've already paid $72 in insurance up to that point, plus $179 deductible, that comes out to $251, when Samsung might charge me $70 bucks less to fix it through them, so where is the benefit?
    But you have to remember that insurance also handles if the phone is stolen, lost, totally destroyed or something else happens where the phone is beyond fixing. I have insurance on my phone and I always have it on my phones for this reason not so much because I think I will crack the screen.

My best friend got in a car accident (T-Bone) a year ago and his phone (I assume) flew out the car or something and was lost after the accident. If he didn't have insurance he would have been paying full retail for a new phone. Also since the phone wasn't found he couldn't even charge the other driver's insurance company for it because their was no proof he even had the phone in the car with him before the accident.

Insurance isn't just for cracked screens...
    08-25-2016 05:49 AM
    Pic?
    I'll have the VZW rep take a pic of it when I return it today and I'll post it then.
    08-25-2016 07:12 AM
    Oh no ! This is really sad
    Better sign up for for the Samsung insurance policy while you submit the phone (screen) for repairing.
    Any smartphone getting damaged and all is just a matter of probability & the way which the phone drops down.
    No case, screen protectors can guarantee 100% safety of the phone all the time.
    aspenedelen and dohlo like this.
    08-25-2016 08:30 AM
    Oh sorry, (makes me think of the #Shattershield)

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-25-2016 09:04 AM
    You should not have to worry, you have Gorilla Glass 5 !

I'm calling it Baby Glass 5

You going to get a new replacement phone from Verizon?
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-25-2016 09:12 AM
    & I have a UAG case on the way!!!!
    The UAG Note 7 case is a complete fail from the start.
    It has two microphone holes in the top, the phone only has one.
    The UAG case was rushed out using inaccurate imaginary dimensions.
    Also the see thru colors offer no padding for the glass back of the phones.
    If you must get a UAG case for the Note 7 just order the solid black one, at least it has a little padding on the back.
    I love UAG cases and have always used them on all my past phones but the Note 7 version is a complete failure.
    aspenedelen and skatergirl like this.
    08-25-2016 09:21 AM
    I think many of us, including me, are just careless with our phones. Why do they drop so often? I have dropped phones in the past and I think it is carelessness and people just stop focusing on the fact that these expensive items that we use so much are in our hands. I go back to what I asked in a previous thread: How many times have you dropped a glass you were drinking out of from your hand? I don't think I have ever dropped a glass but I have dropped my phone plenty.

Especially with these Note 7 phones, even in cases, one must make a conscious effort not to drop it.
    08-25-2016 09:21 AM
    I think many of us, including me, are just careless with our phones. Why do they drop so often? I have dropped phones in the past and I think it is carelessness and people just stop focusing on the fact that these expensive items that we use so much are in our hands. I go back to what I asked in a previous thread: How many times have you dropped a glass you were drinking out of from your hand? I don't think I have ever dropped a glass but I have dropped my phone plenty.

Especially with these Note 7 phones, even in cases, one must make a conscious effort not to drop it.
    I have fumbled many glasses in my day. I recently broke one in a bar. Quite embarrassing. I drop my phone like once a week lol I usually get the zagg shatter protection and it has saved my screen way more than once.
    08-25-2016 10:24 AM

I ensure to treat my phone well even in a case. I haven't dropped a phone in a long time .. Or well .. I technically dropped my S7 Edge but I don't count that one because I dropped with it so .. It wasn't falling from my hand ^_^ lol.
    08-25-2016 10:58 AM
    The UAG Note 7 case is a complete fail from the start.
    It has two microphone holes in the top, the phone only has one.
    The UAG case was rushed out using inaccurate imaginary dimensions.
    Also the see thru colors offer no padding for the glass back of the phones.
    If you must get a UAG case for the Note 7 just order the solid black one, at least it has a little padding on the back.
    I love UAG cases and have always used them on all my past phones but the Note 7 version is a complete failure.
    The points you made are spot on. On the case it says Military grade or some garbage like that. When I spoke to the in store vzw rep today they said it's a bunch of bs and pure gimmick which worked on me. Let's see of UAG bucks up and sends out a better developed case
    08-25-2016 11:02 AM
123 123 ...