09-06-2016 08:49 AM
105 12345
tools
    Definitely having a case, but dilemma if should use a screen protector
    08-26-2016 07:26 PM
    Only in the housr
    08-26-2016 07:52 PM
    I used to only use cases for my phones; but now I use cases and screen protectors. I know what you mean - phones feel great in the hand when they're free of cases and screen protectors - but alas, since I drop my phones and bang into walls with them (I dance around in my room when I listen to music... What can I say? :P), I kinda need the extra support. My mom, on the other hand, had her Samsung Galaxy S4 for over two years; and even with a few hefty drops and bumps into things, there were barely any scratches or damages whatsoever (except for the white "paint" peeling; but that's just natural wear and tear). Are you going to keep your case/screen protector on or take them off?
    08-26-2016 10:06 PM
    You naked folks are bold. I bet if you drop it, you will not even post about it. That same pride of a naked N7 extends to silence if dropped. Stay frosty
    08-26-2016 10:16 PM
    100% naked as always
    08-26-2016 10:21 PM
    Anything major?
    One pretty deep gouge on the back. Lots of light scratches along the edges.
    08-29-2016 11:59 AM
    Had a zagg installed but rocking without a case.
    08-29-2016 12:14 PM
    I usually try and go without a case, but this phone is too slippery and the way the edges are make it a little difficult to pick up off a flat surface. I'm super careful with my phones, but I do drop them every so often and it doesn't seem like this one would take dropping onto a hard surface well. My Ringke Air case is arriving today. Its as minimalist as I can get.
    08-29-2016 12:20 PM
    Still naked here

But yeah I'll start looking for a case soon !? Something in leather perhaps ?
    EMGSM likes this.
    08-29-2016 03:46 PM
    One pretty deep gouge on the back. Lots of light scratches along the edges.
    This Spigen crystal case is the best if you want it to appear naked. Protects against scratches like you've developed but is so thin it's like there's no case.

Still naked here

But yeah I'll start looking for a case soon !? Something in leather perhaps ?
    08-29-2016 04:10 PM
    This Spigen crystal case is the best if you want it to appear naked. Protects against scratches like you've developed but is so thin it's like there's no case.
    How is it around the side edges? I got a Ringke Air case that looks like pretty much the same design, but its not snug fitting on the sides and the middle of the sides are easily slid back off with just gentle pressure.
    08-29-2016 04:31 PM
    Thanks, but I don't do cases and I sent the Note 7 back to ATT this morning.
    08-29-2016 04:32 PM
    How is it around the side edges? I got a Ringke Air case that looks like pretty much the same design, but its not snug fitting on the sides and the middle of the sides are easily slid back off with just gentle pressure.
    The Liquid Crystal Spigen case is the same. It has give in the middle on the sides.
    08-29-2016 04:53 PM
    The Liquid Crystal Spigen case is the same. It has give in the middle on the sides.
    Hmm... I wrote to Ringke to ask them if it was normal, but at least right now its kind of annoying. Perhaps I'll get used to it. What do you think of it?It's at least better than it was naked I suppose, I would just like the case to stay on there a little better.
    08-29-2016 05:57 PM
    Hmm... I wrote to Ringke to ask them if it was normal, but at least right now its kind of annoying. Perhaps I'll get used to it. What do you think of it?It's at least better than it was naked I suppose, I would just like the case to stay on there a little better.
    It hasn't been a big deal for me yet. I only notice it occasionally. It happens with cases sometimes on tall phones with TPU. I think since the Note has curved edges they can't as tight a fit without covering the edges of the display.
    08-29-2016 06:02 PM
    Nekkid... for now. already have minor scratches on the back...
    08-29-2016 06:34 PM
    Naked here. I don't put cases on my phones and don't trust any screen protectors.
    08-29-2016 06:49 PM
    Hell no. This thing is way too slippery
    08-29-2016 06:50 PM
    Naked here. I don't put cases on my phones and don't trust any screen protectors.
    But you trust the naked screen which has already been shown to scratch?
    08-29-2016 06:50 PM
    I'd rather enjoy using the phone naked and save all the money I'd spend on accessories for the insurance deductible if something did ever happen.
    08-29-2016 07:33 PM
    I'd rather enjoy using the phone naked and save all the money I'd spend on accessories for the insurance deductible if something did ever happen.
    You mean like the total of less than $20 I spent on a minimalist case and screen protector?
    08-29-2016 07:36 PM
    You mean like the total of less than $20 I spent on a minimalist case and screen protector?
    Lol right... I spent 30 bucks on 2 cases..... That will prevent me from paying a 200 dollar deductible
    08-29-2016 07:38 PM
    You mean, like, I'm not talking about you and your case? Like, what?

I (me, myself... I) buy one $10 case for each phone to only throw on occasionally. I'd say I've more than saved the cost of a deductible vs the average amount spent on cases and screen protectors over the life of a phone. I didn't think I'd actually need to say this, but obviously not everyone is going to fit into that category.

Not to mention, buying cases doesn't give you immunity from phone damage. Then you're out the cost of accessories and a deductible.
    08-29-2016 07:43 PM
    You mean, like, I'm not talking about you and your case? Like, what?

I (me, myself... I) buy one $10 case for each phone to only throw on occasionally. I'd say I've more than saved the cost of a deductible vs the average amount spent on cases and screen protectors over the life of a phone. I didn't think I'd actually need to say this, but obviously not everyone is going to fit into that category.

Not to mention, buying cases doesn't give you immunity from phone damage. Then you're out the cost of accessories and a deductible.
    That's crazy talk. I thought we were all the same!

No, a case doesn't negate chance of damage, but with these all glass phones I think it at least gives them a fighting chance. I hate putting cases on phones, but this one is forcing me to with its all glass slipperiness. :-( And if I did have an insurance plan and suffered some damage to the phone I'd have to decide at what point I wanted to pay the deductible to get the phone replaced. Is a small crack enough or should I wait to see if I damage it more?
    08-29-2016 07:50 PM
    But you trust the naked screen which has already been shown to scratch?
    What I mean is I don't trust that any will hold up because of the curved edges. Not spending my money until one is proven. And honestly I'm not OCD about this stuff so I'm not going to go overboard anyway. So until I see a reliable screen protector that's shown to hold up more than a few days then I may try it. Until then, I'm not pressed. Not going to have this device forever. I'm already waiting on the Nexus and then galaxy s8 lol. So forgive me if I'm not urgently seeking a screen protector.
    08-29-2016 08:03 PM
105 12345