Anyone rocking it naked?

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
This Spigen crystal case is the best if you want it to appear naked. Protects against scratches like you've developed but is so thin it's like there's no case.

How is it around the side edges? I got a Ringke Air case that looks like pretty much the same design, but its not snug fitting on the sides and the middle of the sides are easily slid back off with just gentle pressure.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
How is it around the side edges? I got a Ringke Air case that looks like pretty much the same design, but its not snug fitting on the sides and the middle of the sides are easily slid back off with just gentle pressure.

The Liquid Crystal Spigen case is the same. It has give in the middle on the sides.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The Liquid Crystal Spigen case is the same. It has give in the middle on the sides.

Hmm... I wrote to Ringke to ask them if it was normal, but at least right now its kind of annoying. Perhaps I'll get used to it. What do you think of it?It's at least better than it was naked I suppose, I would just like the case to stay on there a little better.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm... I wrote to Ringke to ask them if it was normal, but at least right now its kind of annoying. Perhaps I'll get used to it. What do you think of it?It's at least better than it was naked I suppose, I would just like the case to stay on there a little better.

It hasn't been a big deal for me yet. I only notice it occasionally. It happens with cases sometimes on tall phones with TPU. I think since the Note has curved edges they can't as tight a fit without covering the edges of the display.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'd rather enjoy using the phone naked and save all the money I'd spend on accessories for the insurance deductible if something did ever happen.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
You mean like the total of less than $20 I spent on a minimalist case and screen protector?
You mean, like, I'm not talking about you and your case? Like, what?

I (me, myself... I) buy one $10 case for each phone to only throw on occasionally. I'd say I've more than saved the cost of a deductible vs the average amount spent on cases and screen protectors over the life of a phone. I didn't think I'd actually need to say this, but obviously not everyone is going to fit into that category.

Not to mention, buying cases doesn't give you immunity from phone damage. Then you're out the cost of accessories and a deductible.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
You mean, like, I'm not talking about you and your case? Like, what?

I (me, myself... I) buy one $10 case for each phone to only throw on occasionally. I'd say I've more than saved the cost of a deductible vs the average amount spent on cases and screen protectors over the life of a phone. I didn't think I'd actually need to say this, but obviously not everyone is going to fit into that category.

Not to mention, buying cases doesn't give you immunity from phone damage. Then you're out the cost of accessories and a deductible.

That's crazy talk. I thought we were all the same! :)

No, a case doesn't negate chance of damage, but with these all glass phones I think it at least gives them a fighting chance. I hate putting cases on phones, but this one is forcing me to with its all glass slipperiness. :-( And if I did have an insurance plan and suffered some damage to the phone I'd have to decide at what point I wanted to pay the deductible to get the phone replaced. Is a small crack enough or should I wait to see if I damage it more?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
But you trust the naked screen which has already been shown to scratch?

What I mean is I don't trust that any will hold up because of the curved edges. Not spending my money until one is proven. And honestly I'm not OCD about this stuff so I'm not going to go overboard anyway. So until I see a reliable screen protector that's shown to hold up more than a few days then I may try it. Until then, I'm not pressed. Not going to have this device forever. I'm already waiting on the Nexus and then galaxy s8 lol. So forgive me if I'm not urgently seeking a screen protector.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What I mean is I don't trust that any will hold up because of the curved edges. Not spending my money until one is proven. And honestly I'm not OCD about this stuff so I'm not going to go overboard anyway. So until I see a reliable screen protector that's shown to hold up more than a few days then I may try it. Until then, I'm not pressed. Not going to have this device forever. I'm already waiting on the Nexus and then galaxy s8 lol. So forgive me if I'm not urgently seeking a screen protector.

Ok, fair enough. I am OCD about it. :)

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
You mean like the total of less than $20 I spent on a minimalist case and screen protector?

It's not just the minimal cost. I buy sleek devices and I don't want to cover them up. Sure I can buy a cheap slim case. But those aren't going to provide protection from stuff that can really damage your phone. So to me there's not point. You either go all the way and get something that going to protect and major damage or no protection at all. There's no middle ground for me.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
This is my middle ground...keeps the edges protected so the corners of the Glass don't hit the floor during a drop and that's where the glass seems more vulnerable.... Also raised edges on the top and bottom of screen in the event of a face plant... . Doesnt add much bulk either
4778cfeb441413a6d2a12c24f4799394.jpg

b6190b2c58eef6bd0e33046baec5f845.jpg

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
This is my middle ground...keeps the edges protected so the corners of the Glass don't hit the floor during a drop and that's where the glass seems more vulnerable.... Also raised edges on the top and bottom of screen in the event of a face plant... . Doesnt add much bulk either

Link please or at least a mfg and name of product. Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey