ATT Note 7 keeps reverting to default ringtone

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I had this EXACT same problem but I figured out what was causing it.
I had an app called "Audio Manager Pro", which was causing my ringtone to divert back to the original. I just had to change the settings on that app and problem fixed!

If its happening to you, it could be some app that controls your sounds that is causing it.

Cowboy8467

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I had an app called "Audio Manager Pro", which was causing my ringtone to divert back to the original. I just had to change the settings on that app and problem fixed!

If its happening to you, it could be some app that controls your sounds that is causing it.

Unfortunately I haven't downloaded any 3rd party sound management apps that I know of outside of Zedge.

French

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Wow I'm perplexed. For me it was the FDR that fixed it. And even though I ended up exchanging that one because of the battery issue, I set up the new Note 7 as new and didn't transfer anything (I did copy and paste the sound files though) and I'm still in business. I didn't have a third party audio app on my device before nor do I now...so I am not sure what the issue could be.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

This is happening to me on my Note 8 and I use audio manager pro! What settings did you change?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is happening to me on my Note 8 and I use audio manager pro! What settings did you change?

So it seems that Audio Manager Pro overrides the the default ringtone settings. So in Audio Manager Pro, change the ringtone to what you want it to be, and it should sound. Note if you change to another profile (Low, Mute, Loud, etc.) in Audio Manager Pro, and that profile has a different ringtone, then your ringtone will change to that ringtone. So make sure all profiles have the same ringtone.