10-11-2016 10:15 AM
226 1234 ...
tools
    I love the phone so far. Everything just seems to work like it is supposed to. I took a different tact when setting this phone up, I did not pull anything from my old phone, and I did not auto-down load apps. I figure as I need it, I will go out and get it. I bloat my own phones trying stuff and never deleting.

Some of my favorite features, coming from the Note 4:
    • AOD
    • Light sensors -- my auto-brightness is spot on no matter how light or dark my environment it. I woke in the middle of the night last night and turned on my screen in the pitch dark -- screen opened at the perfect dimness. I have not even needed the blue light filter yet.
    • Finger print sensor / iris sensor are a huge step forward
    • Edge apps. I have added Google Now to the app edge and it is my preferred way to get there now
    • Camera is awesome. Great detail, great color
    • Display is best I've ever seen.
    • My battery life is hugely improved over the Note 4, we'll see how long that lasts.

I do wish it was easier to find a good screen protector. I thought I had a solution in IQ Shield full body wrap, but the screen side is lifting in two corners now. Kinda bumbed by that because it was looking really nice.

I just love the phone, for me it is the total package.
    08-25-2016 04:04 PM
    Love the usb-c
    Love the camera - excellent in tricky lighting situations
    Screen is GORGEOUS... Best feature

Biggest dislike - SCREEN Scratches super easily

Have had a Note 3 for over 2 years with NO screen protector... Flawless screen even with twice weekly drops... Note 7 already has tiny Scratches on the front of my screen from just putting it in my pocket!!

Seriously considering downgrading to the Note 5 - 64gb... Is the screen just as bright and clear?? How about camera on 5 ?? If screen and camera are similar in switching phones...

"Gorilla5-Gate" is unacceptable to me... This phone must last me a couple of years and to already have numerous front screen Scratches is CRAZY... super disappointed because i waited 2 months to upgrade anticipating this phone
    08-25-2016 04:12 PM
    Nevermind, I'm an *****, lol. Figured it out finally.
    Tell me please! My AOD is up to date but I don't see any option to customize the AOD display.
    08-25-2016 05:19 PM
    Has anybody received their gifts from Samsung yet? I'm expecting a delivery today nothing so far
    08-25-2016 05:24 PM
    Tell me please! My AOD is up to date but I don't see any option to customize the AOD display.
    This is from Todd Anthony's instructions from another thread so I'll give credit where credit is due

Go into the Always On Display section in settings. At the bottom click ABOUT ALWAYS ON DISPLAY. Make sure it is version 1.7.29. if it isn't, it should give you an option to update it right then and there. If you are on that version, go to LAYOUTS, Content to Show = CLOCK, and then scroll to the very last one on the bottom. That AOD lets you use your own photo. :-)

Here's mines .....
    How's your Note 7 Experience?-20160825_181728.jpg
    08-25-2016 05:27 PM
    Has anybody received their gifts from Samsung yet? I'm expecting a delivery today nothing so far
    Some have.
    08-25-2016 05:33 PM
    So far it has been a great experience. Love the S Pen, the display is beautiful and crisp, and for me the performance has been just fine. Knock on wood, but I haven't experienced any major lag or scratches like have been reported in other threads. Battery is acceptable but not great, but to be fair I really haven't tweaked it much yet.
    08-25-2016 06:03 PM
    How are you guys scratching your phones so easily? I have yet to scratch mine, hopefully will never.
    08-25-2016 06:05 PM
    Man I tell you all the negative crap I read about the Note 7 I almost canceled the order. Part of me said wait till you get it and if in deed it's that bad return it. Glad I listened to my instincts and decided to stick with it!!!

My biggest fear was the battery life. I am in the IT field and I constantly check emails and ect. So my daily use maybe higher then average. Day 1 at work is almost over. Today alone I donwnloaded maybe 5 apps, customized a ton of features, and wrote 10+ emails back and forth. Some may think my battery would be dead by now especially with the Always On active. Happy to report I'm still at 75% !!! This thing is an aboslute beast and very happy with it. The quick charge is also mouth dropping fast. When I first got the phone and unboxed it was about 52% it charged to 100 in less then 1 hour. I was very surprised.

Overall performance is good the camera meh could have been a tiny bit better maybe 16 but I'm not a Instagram freak so it's fine for me. Only slight issue I saw was using touch wiz my keyboard would very briefly split of a second stick and double letters would enter instead of one. I switched to Nova and all issues cleared.

I'm also upgrading from Note 3 so I guess my expectations were not crazy high as others. Overall I grade this phone 9/10 as almost perfect.
    toenail_flicker likes this.
    08-25-2016 06:26 PM
    Left iPhone 6s Plus. Been a phone and tech junkie for many years. Have used them all.

Loving my Note 7. Love the feel, and how it fits in my hands. Love the screen size and clarity. Love the S Pen. Love the flexibility and customizable Android OS. Love the Waterproofing.

Had some lag issues Monday and Tuesday, but i think ive resolved them.

All is well. I can't put it down.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    08-25-2016 06:32 PM
    I'm curious has anyone else had speaker sound flux issues with their Note 7?
    08-25-2016 06:34 PM
    How did you get rid of the app icon?
    08-25-2016 06:43 PM
    Nevermind, I'm an *****, lol. Figured it out finally.
    Well maybe I'm the dumb one because I selected the AOD but cannot place my own image there. How is that ?
    08-25-2016 06:49 PM
    Once you have the version updated just go to clock and scroll to last option. This is the tricky part the last option shows a clock with stars so many get confused and think they are picking that specific setting. You can replace the start pic in preview with your own custom one.

You're welcome =)
    08-25-2016 06:51 PM
    sadly, I'm not liking it much at all. as a "phone" its performance is poor. signal strength at home is a mere 1-2 bars (115-122dBm). my note 5 on the other hand pulls in almost a full signal (85-92 dBm). I can only assume the poor signal is the reason for the dismal battery life. and I still haven't loaded apps on it
    Maybe you have a defective unit. My n7 is better than my 6s plus by 5 to 12 dbm and my note 5 by 2 to 5 dbm on average.
    pjbelsch likes this.
    08-25-2016 06:52 PM
    Once you have the version updated just go to clock and scroll to last option. This is the tricky part the last option shows a clock with stars so many get confused and think they are picking that specific setting. You can replace the start pic in preview with your own custom one.

You're welcome =)
    Copy that and thank you.
    08-25-2016 06:55 PM
    Impartial on it. I came from the note 4 and a long line of smartphones before that. I fel in love with my note 4 right away, almost all positives. Unfortunately this one feels like every phone I had before the note 4, it's got alot of positives and negatives.

Positives:
    1. Phone is gorgeous
    2. Fingerprint scanner works impressively fast and accurately. Serious, I am super impressed with how well it works.
    3. Auto brightness seems to work better.
    4. Waterproof. Not a big deal because I've never had water damage, but now I don't have to stress about it.
    5. Updated android has some nice new features and optimizations

Negatives:
    1. Camera is worse. I get it that the pixels are bigger and the photo ARE better in the dark. blah blah blah. I take most my photos and videos outside with ample light. For me it's a lose lose. I never take pictures with terrible lighting and when I do, they still aren't gonna be great from a cell phone anyways. I wish they atleast stuck with 16MP. My note 4's videos and pictures were beautiful. The only thing better is my DSLR and honestly it would give it a run for its money for pre-processed standard pictures.

2. Battery: It's not worse than my Note 4's but it's not better. What a disappointment. They both barely last the full average day for me. Anything outside the average and I have to charge it. Why cut corners on battery? To slim it down an unfathomable amount? Most people put huge cases on it anyways, who cares if its a hair bigger or smaller. The size race ended years ago.

3. Messaging: Stock app would continually freeze on me after I imported my last phones messages. I downloaded Chomp SMS and use that flawlessly, so not a big deal. But after so many years I have no idea how they still can't figure it out but aftermarket apps can.

4. Fragility: I run my phones naked. My note 4 has been dropped dozens of times over the years and has been great. In fact I have never had a cracked screen with any of my phones. However with this one I am actually nervous. The screen is curved around the edges which will definitely make it a weak point. Also it now has 2 glass sides to worry about.

5. Speed: At first it was actually laggy and alot of apps had kinks. After doing alot of organization and deleting bloatware it is no longer laggy and works great. The problem is that it is literally not any faster than my 2 year old note 4. What gives?!

6. Lost Features: In an futile effort to declutter touchwiz they deleted many useful features. Not any faster anyways but thanks for deleting the features.

Overall I was super happy with my note 4. The only reason I didn't just replace the aging battery and I upgraded is I was hoping for some pleasant surprises and because I have the money to. Unfortunately I was disappointed. If I could take the note 4, add waterproof abilities, put that fingerprint scanner in & update to the newest android. I would do it in a heartbeat. In fact I would even pay more money for it than I did this phone!

My wife upgraded too and she is pretty much on the brink of returning it and going back to the note 4. It's really sad because this phone is gorgeous, but there are just so many down falls. It finally FEELS like a flagship phone. But now it just doesn't function like one.
    08-25-2016 07:04 PM
    I just received mine today , but so far I'm liking it. The curved screen initially made me not want to get the phone, but it's not bad. I'll report back in a few days .
    08-25-2016 08:17 PM
    sadly, I'm not liking it much at all. as a "phone" its performance is poor. signal strength at home is a mere 1-2 bars (115-122dBm). my note 5 on the other hand pulls in almost a full signal (85-92 dBm). I can only assume the poor signal is the reason for the dismal battery life. and I still haven't loaded apps on it
    That's definitely not right. If you really haven put many apps on it yet, I would definitely do hard reset and see if it improves.
    08-25-2016 08:29 PM
    Love it overall. Samsung pay might be my favorite feature, been using it all week. AOD is probably the second fave. I also love the secure folder, USBc, the design.

I actually loved the edge on the Note edge but at least I still have some edge functionality. Haven't tried the iris scanner yet. The new touchwiz is better.
    joe likes this.
    08-25-2016 08:44 PM
    Number one thing I like about it is the looks. Of course it is stunning. It's also much faster than my old phone. Unfortunately the new features it boasts - Samsung Pay, Iris scanner, finger print ID, Samsung Notes, different Touchwiz, battery saving options etc are not things I am ever likely to use. On the other hand I miss the IR blaster and I had hoped for better reception. My wife's iPhone blows away my reception. It has amuch better screen but my eysight is not acute enough to discern it. biggest problem is screen sensitivity isn't as good as my old Note 3.

All in all I am a little disappointed but it is pretty and much faster than my old Note.
    08-25-2016 09:21 PM
    I returned my note 7 today and am back to my note 5. The 7 was slower than my 5 with same apps, etc. I did a factory reset and put just a few google apps on it and it still was slow. Other than that, I was underwhelmed with the few camera shots I took compared to the 5. I compared outside landscapes in bright light.

I really liked the narrower build and that it has an IP68 rating. That's enough for me to seriously consider trying another note 7, but I think I'll wait until the new Nexus phones are out and decide then between the two or just keep my note 5.
    cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:09 PM
    I too am returning my note 7. I didn't find that the price matched up with the value. It's 2016, unless your ahead in the specs department there shouldn't be such a markup. Not being able to find a good Glass protector with a case was Deal breaker too.

I saw some very minimal lag that didn't bother me but made me think it might get worse in a short time.

This is a phone i would have liked to keep for two years, doubt updates will be fast nor come for it after a year.

It's a 5.7 phone, keep it simple so I can do what I need to do quickly. The ui was a little convoluted.

Dunno what I was thinking leaving my Nexus 6p, I guess I got caught up in the marketing
    08-25-2016 10:19 PM
    I'm also not impressed. My Note 5 was smooth, fast and flawless. I was looking forward to all the features and the slimmer design. Normally when I buy a phone, I slap a case and screen protector on and forget about it. With this edge screen, I have gone through 3 screen protectors, and I don't trust any case except my heavy thick spigen wallet case. If Samsung keeps only offering edge screens, I may pass
    08-25-2016 10:45 PM
    So far, quite good.

I'll post a more-detailed impressions after a few hours. Need to consolidate my thoughts.
    Todd Anthony1 and libra89 like this.
    08-25-2016 10:53 PM
226 1234 ...