10-11-2016 10:15 AM
226 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Great experience! Coming from a Note 5 and I love the edge screen, makes pages look kind of better than my Note 5...but most happy of the water resistance... Battery life is also much better compared to my Note 5

USB-C charges FAST! my phoned charges from 30% to 60% in about 20 min
    08-28-2016 01:49 AM
    Just from experience so far my Note 5 was smoother. I had stated in another thread that Samsung's Exynos chips perform better in their Smartphones than Qualcom chips. It seems to be the case this time around. The lag doesn't bother me. It really isn't that bad, but it is a noticeable difference.
    I agree with this in a way... The Note 5 was a bit smoother but it's really not a deal breaker difference...im guess because there are more software features on the Note 7
    08-28-2016 01:53 AM
    The only downfall for me is finding right screen protector. Either it lift the corner edge or marks after using s pen.
    I have the official Samsung screen protector and it's really good sticks good on edges and feels nice it has little slits in the corners so it fits good on the edge the only thing is it's fairly soft so it i use my nail and drag it it sorta dents but I don't mind it
    08-28-2016 03:01 AM
    Hey.

Do you by any chance have Video Enhancer enabled? It's in display settings.

It boosts brightness, contrast and saturation while playing video in certain apps.
    Yes i do
    08-28-2016 03:39 AM
    Was laggy at first. Wasn't happy with it, as my Note 5 ran smoother, but after a factory reset and set up as a new device vs restoring from google, lag is fixed. Now I can say it runs smoother than my Note 5. Happy now.
    08-28-2016 04:04 AM
    I'm loving the phone. I previously came from a 6S Plus, to a S7 Edge for awhile and now to this NOTE 7. I have no complaints. Phone is as smooth as butter. Battery life is great. Love the combination of the Edge Display and NOTE features all in one phone. Definitely love the newer Touchwiz look and features. Touchwiz has came a long way.
    08-28-2016 04:08 AM
    Was laggy at first. Wasn't happy with it, as my Note 5 ran smoother, but after a factory reset and set up as a new device vs restoring from google, lag is fixed. Now I can say it runs smoother than my Note 5. Happy now.
    Yeah that's something I have always done in the past. When I get a new device I do a hard reset and setup as new. I never use backups. I even do that with iPhone as well. Just something that has always worked for me. Never had a problem with lag or anything else. I know some hate to do that but I just like starting off fresh with a device. But I'm glad it's working out better for you now.
    Dimas de Leon likes this.
    08-28-2016 04:45 AM
    This. This is what was lacking in all of my other Notes 2-5 without extended batteries. I couldn't be happier with it. And I got a great tempered glass screen protector that sticks and works with my Spigen wallet case. 😍

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a883f68249.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...a5573ea8fa.jpg
    So you provided battery stats with power saving mode turned on as your icons show. What mode were you in? Medium? And did you customize it by turning off background data?

I could also get that same thing but considering its a productivity tool for many, I find using battery extending modes gimps the phone and turns it into something else.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great feature to have if you're burning through your battery on a day and can switch it up to extend the battery until you can charge it.
    08-28-2016 06:32 AM
    Yes or when you're at the pool and your hands are wet. That was me tonight. Picked up the phone. Pressed the home button, Fingerprint didn't work since my hands were wet. Iris scanner popped up. I looked at the phone and it opened instantly. Very useful stuff.
    I could never understand this. If that is really who it's for, and you have to make an extra swipe to make to work, do you take off your gloves for that extra swipe to make it work. Or dry your hsnds? I guess it doesn't make sense.

I see reviews from people who say that's what the feature is good for but if your hands are wet or in gloves you can't make the extra swipe to make the iris scanner come on.
    08-28-2016 06:37 AM
    When I first started using my note 7 the screen was bright and vibrant. Now it looks dim for some reason. I have all the settings correct but it's still dim. When i open the YouTube app the screen brightens up again. But as soon as i leave the app it's back to dimness.
    Probably auto brightness is causing this.
    08-28-2016 06:39 AM
    I could never understand this. If that is really who it's for, and you have to make an extra swipe to make to work, do you take off your gloves for that extra swipe to make it work. Or dry your hsnds? I guess it doesn't make sense.

I see reviews from people who say that's what the feature is good for but if your hands are wet or in gloves you can't make the extra swipe to make the iris scanner come on.
    That is one thing about Samsung and long time Samsung users are used to it.. We have always had an extra step, from way back.

Wet fingers should be able to make the swipe though.
    08-28-2016 06:48 AM
    Well after a week and a half with this phone I've decided to return it and go back to my note 4. The n7 was fast at first but became very slow and bogged down after a while. I even did the factory reset and it was very snappy when nothing was loaded on it but eventually it started crashing and was super slow. Using the smart select with spen would crash about 80% of the time. Maybe I received a bad one who knows? Good luck to all those who have and love the device. I loved the look and feel of the phone but it's what is inside that counts.
    08-28-2016 07:09 AM
    Does that mean the Note 7 with Exynos chip will be smoother than the Note 7 with snapdragon? For my region, we are getting the Exynos but i wonder is it really that different?
    From my experience this could very well be the case. Good luck with your new device.
    08-28-2016 07:42 AM
    So you provided battery stats with power saving mode turned on as your icons show. What mode were you in? Medium? And did you customize it by turning off background data?

I could also get that same thing but considering its a productivity tool for many, I find using battery extending modes gimps the phone and turns it into something else.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's a great feature to have if you're burning through your battery on a day and can switch it up to extend the battery until you can charge it.
    Yes, indeed I did show stats with power saving on, set to medium, background data is ON. What's the problem with that? I actually got over 7 hours but had a slight charging bump on the wireless charger so I didn't post that one. And the phone is hardly gimped, it still does what it's supposed to do rather snappily, I might add. The only thing I really have off is location when I'm at home, which is most of the time.

Look, this is massive improvement over the Note 5 for me. I would struggle to get 2.5 hours SoT. I charged that phone 4 times day since I am a heavy user and that is the worst battery performance of the Note series for me. So to be able to get 6 hours out of a phone for me is a huge deal. I was only able to achieve those kind of SoT times with Zerolemon batteries and those that know me on here, know I have battery anxiety. 😨

So far, I don't have to worry about an extended battery for the N7 which makes me very happy. And that is what matters to me.
    08-28-2016 08:28 AM

I didn't have to swipe. I clicked the home button and the iris scanner pops up. No swiping involved.

Edit: I guess I must have swiped too. My mistake. I just tried it and realized it doesn't pop up unless you swipe. I didn't have to dry my hands though. I was actually in the pool.
    08-28-2016 08:32 AM

I agree... But regardless for every one time I use finger biometrics to unlock my phone I am using iris 9 times. The reason why is I always forget I have the home button and once I turn on and swipe the screen my eyes turn the thing on so fast i can't even get my fingers over in time.
    08-28-2016 08:35 AM
    Didnt make it a full week before mine went back. The display wasnt as good as my S7 Edge or S7 Active. Looked washed out, slightly grainy, had a yellow tint and the blacks werent as deep. Battery life wasnt terrible but not as good as my Edge and of course nowhere near my Active. Phone seemed to stutter a bit more than the other 2 even after wiping the cache partition and running package disabler. For me the main reason for returning it was it wasnt a big enough upgrade from the edge to justify $900. The only advantage was the S-Pen which was easily remedied with a nice stylus. I've been know to try things multiple times so maybe Ill give it another shot down the road. In the mean time I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if the upcoming updates help.
    I'm confused by the comment of the blacks not being as deep. Unless I'm not understanding amoled technology correctly when displaying true black the pixels will be off, how could that be anything but black? I don't think you can get blacker than black.
    08-28-2016 08:37 AM
    Well myself and the samsung rep put my s7 active, an s7 edge and the note 7 in a row top to bottom with the note 7 in the middle. We played a quad hd video simultaneously on all 3 devices. The note 7 had nowhere near the deep blacks of the other 2 and the details were washed out. The screen also portrayed colors differently. Blues had more of a teal tint and the screen overall had a yellow tint. I have a thread on here before I returned it detailing what was happening. Its as if the screen was turning on areas that should have remained off to get the proper colors.
    08-28-2016 08:41 AM
    Well myself and the samsung rep put my s7 active, an s7 edge and the note 7 in a row top to bottom with the note 7 in the middle. We played a quad hd video simultaneously on all 3 devices. The note 7 had nowhere near the deep blacks of the other 2 and the details were washed out. The screen also portrayed colors differently. Blues had more of a teal tint and the screen overall had a yellow tint. I have a thread on here before I returned it detailing what was happening. Its as if the screen was turning on areas that should have remained off to get the proper colors.
    So the black in the video was probably not true black ( maybe more of a extremely dark grey) but I understand now. The panel itself wasn't portraying the colors the same as the panels on the other 2 phones. Maybe a bad display? Did you have the opportunity to compare it next to another Note 7?
    08-28-2016 08:52 AM
    Yeah the rep had a silver note 7 and with pictures and the video they looked the same as my note 7. The biggest issue I had was the yello tint. It bothered my eyes pretty bad. Then when looking at pictures, things just looked washed out and lacked detail.

As for the video, its a quad hd of nature with trees, water etc. Where you really saw the lack of detail was on the branches and tree bark.

Im very tempted to order another Note 7 from At&t but if its like the last one I'll have to pay a 3rd $45 restocking fee.
    08-28-2016 08:57 AM
    I'm returning the phone so maybe it's different, but I was told that I would not have to pay any restocking fee if returned within 14 days of receiving the device.
    08-28-2016 09:30 AM
    I'm returning the phone so maybe it's different, but I was told that I would not have to pay any restocking fee if returned within 14 days of receiving the device.
    Im hoping if I decide to give it another chance they wont charge me but Im sure its up to the store.
    08-28-2016 09:50 AM
    Settled in now and still loving it. Coming from a Note 5 its just more refined to me. Basically what I wanted out of the 5 last year. Haven't even begun to fill up the 256gb sd card I got with it yet. Battery life is noticeably better too.

cynth.hgn likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:53 AM
    On all my other Notes and Samsung phones, under the phone App, I had all my favourites contacts saved. On this N7, I can't find any favourites. It still shows the star beside them, but there's no separate favourite column. Anybody else have this?
    08-28-2016 11:39 AM
    On all my other Notes and Samsung phones, under the phone App, I had all my favourites contacts saved. On this N7, I can't find any favourites. It still shows the star beside them, but there's no separate favourite column. Anybody else have this?
    Do your favorites not show up at the top of your contact list after you star them?
    08-28-2016 12:03 PM
226 ... 34567 ...