10-11-2016 10:15 AM
226 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I changed my mind again. I'm definitely buying one now.
    russel5150 likes this.
    08-30-2016 08:31 AM
    I had a few issues with my note 7. Would open an app and then go to the lock screen. Would exit text message app in the middle of a text, and an issue with Wi-Fi calling. Called Verizon and was told since I was within the 14 day window, to go to a Verizon store for a new unit. I did so and this one works great.

As with any new device, battery life appears to suck. That is because we tend to use the device a lot the first few days. Currently I get a full day out of it with some life left in it when I put it on the charger at night. The first few days I put it on the charger several times a day, because I was checking out the display with 4K HDR videos and tweaking my settings to my liking.
    Overall the Note 7 is a winner in my book.
    08-30-2016 08:35 AM
    I had a few issues with my note 7. Would open an app and then go to the lock screen. Would exit text message app in the middle of a text, and an issue with Wi-Fi calling. Called Verizon and was told since I was within the 14 day window, to go to a Verizon store for a new unit. I did so and this one works great.

As with any new device, battery life appears to suck. That is because we tend to use the device a lot the first few days. Currently I get a full day out of it with some life left in it when I put it on the charger at night. The first few days I put it on the charger several times a day, because I was checking out the display with 4K HDR videos and tweaking my settings to my liking.
    Overall the Note 7 is a winner in my book.
    Thank you... Unfortunately the coral blue isn't available or I would have done that. Even when I went to see the rep for Samsung, her own phone had issues but she could not return it except to mail it back in. At this point, it's a waiting game, but the phone just sucks.

Appreciate the response... we will see what happens with the replacement.
    08-30-2016 08:46 AM
    I agree the stock email app kinda sucks. I haven't had the messages app crash. Facebook crashed a few times and chrome crashed once yesterday. My battery life has been great for an Android phone. So-so compared to my iPhone though. I'm in no way an Android fan boy but I haven't had a lot of the problems you're having. I'm on Sprint though and not T-Mobile. Reception wise mine has been the same as my GS7E and my iPhone 6 plus. These are just my experiences. The messaging app crashing would irritate the heck out of me if I was experiencing it. I send a lot of links and stuff.

Thanks Tiny! It would seem it's a good mix of T-mo and the phone it self.
    08-30-2016 08:47 AM
    Personally you should take the phone back and get something else while you can, even if it is a coral blue one.

FWIW.. There isn't a Galaxy phone made that gets great cell signals in my area on AT&T.. Not since the Note 2 since that one could be rooted easily and change out the radio on it.. Right now in my household we have the s 6, s6 active, Note 5, and I have owned the s7 edge briefly last month.. So I am familiar with this issue too.
    08-30-2016 08:48 AM
    i have no issues with my verizon note 7 other then the auto correct feature just does not work. My battery on my note 7 lasts about the same as my s7 edge did. I actually have better reception on my note 7 then my previous phones (note 5 and s7 edge).
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    08-30-2016 08:49 AM
    I have not had even one of those problems. For example, I find the email client better performing and faster than even the one on my iPhone 6S Plus.
    I'd say it's on par with the iPhone email client. I had problems with the iPhone mail app too. Overall they both work and both have their annoying little hangups at times. Even the Gmail app gave me problems at times. Delete an email then go back to the app later and it didn't actually get deleted. Doesn't happen all the time or anything just annoying when it does lol.
    08-30-2016 08:51 AM
    Three, the loud ... sounds. I know this is an issue that is on every phone
    Apparently my phone has a problem with the sound that I was unaware of...lol
    08-30-2016 08:54 AM
    Sounds like you're more of an iPhone guy so maybe that's the phone that works best for you. I've had iPhone before and I've had nothing but problems which is why I went with android and I honestly will never go back to Apple when it comes to their phones, which to me are just too boring. Everyone has their preferences though. Sorry this phone is not working to your liking, but you shouldn't waste time on it if you feel that Apple is the right phone for you. No need to bring negativity to a forum dedicated to an android device when it's clear as day that you like Apple better. I'm sure it wouldn't make sense for me to go to an Apple forum and start bashing the phone I clearly don't like. My sister's blue coral Note 7 works perfectly fine and she isn't experiencing any of the issues you are. Maybe it has something to do with carrier as we are on AT&T. It could be that you just got a lemon as they do exist in every phone release, including apple. I've received a defective device from apple on release day, out of the box, brand new, the home button wasn't working. Got it replaced, but ever since then, I've always had issues, so when it came to upgrading, I chose samsung instead and couldn't be happier. Everyone has their preference and if Apple is your preference, there's nothing wrong with that. Just doesn't make sense to waste all that negative energy when you could just return the device and get the one that suits your needs best. No one forced you to buy the phone.
    08-30-2016 08:56 AM
    I didn't know there were any issues with reception on those phones. Actually in my research on reception, they claimed the nexus was better but the Galaxy was just behind it. My colleagues on Tmo as well and has a note 7 and he gets 5 bars where we are at, where as I get 1 maybe 2... Certainly a phone issue, but the other things are software. He has the same issues with messages but not nearly as often. As well he has issues with the phone locking up (which I do not). A lot of QC issues going on with this supposed flagship.
    08-30-2016 08:56 AM
    mod note : I want to remind people to respect the OP and their frustrations and experiences. Attacking his problems serves no purpose other than to start arguements and discourage new users. I've cleaned things up a bit, I suggest people take a breath and if you want to help him, feel free.

How's your Note 7 Experience?-puppah.png
    08-30-2016 08:57 AM
    I'm lucky in I haven't had really any issues with my note but I will speak to the email app. I personally really don't like the Samsung email app at all but I use Gmail so I don't really have a need to use it. If Gmail isn't ur main email then I can understand the frustration. However ive had every iPhone released as well as every galaxy. The iPhone email client at least with Gmail is terrible with deleting emails. I would delete emails and go back into the app an hour later and the emails would be back as if they were never deleted.
    08-30-2016 09:01 AM
    I wouldn't have a problem with your post in general, but you forgot to mention that only -your- device sucks. The Note 7 in general doesn't have the issues you're talking about---no matter how badly you want it to be the case. If I were in your shoes, as "an adult who spends his money", I'd recognize that these behaviors/issues aren't commonplace and would just wait to exchange my phone. To pretend like every OEM doesn't have devices shipped that are lemons is naïve. You're more than welcome to rant like this, but I wouldn't be shocked when most responses are negative.
    jhnnyblze2000 and msndrstood like this.
    08-30-2016 09:02 AM
    I have had the issues with the email not deleting, bot not enough to take it into consideration. Trust me, iPhones have pissed me off too, hence the switch! There are innovations that Samsung and other phone providers have made but the bad outnumbers the good unfortunately.

We shall see once they get other replacements in, and as other consumers work out their videos and issues on reddit which seem to be vast...

PS. the email issue is tied to one account right now, but I have multiples. I would hate to see it with 5 or 6 email addresses.. =/
    08-30-2016 09:05 AM
    mod note : I want to remind people to respect the OP and their frustrations and experiences. Attacking his problems serves no purpose other than to start arguements and discourage new users. I've cleaned things up a bit, I suggest people take a breath and if you want to help him, feel free.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PUPPAH.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	237776
    Thank you
    08-30-2016 09:07 AM
    Nevermind...

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...cUvbUpU5378440

LACK of magnet. It won't stay closed...
    08-30-2016 09:09 AM
    No issues here. My Coral Blue Note 7 is fantastic.
    08-30-2016 09:09 AM
    https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Galax...cUvbUpU5378449

LACK of magnet. It won't stay closed...
    Yeah i figured that out lol... been a long night thats why i deleted it lol. Ive never liked the covers because i look at weather radar a lot when i am at work driving and need a full screen view..

I'm tired this morning lol
    08-30-2016 09:10 AM
    Moderator Note:. Listen to LeoRex you should. Very wise he is. And old! Yes, very old and wise.
    08-30-2016 09:16 AM
    I didn't know there were any issues with reception on those phones. Actually in my research on reception, they claimed the nexus was better but the Galaxy was just behind it. My colleagues on Tmo as well and has a note 7 and he gets 5 bars where we are at, where as I get 1 maybe 2... Certainly a phone issue, but the other things are software. He has the same issues with messages but not nearly as often. As well he has issues with the phone locking up (which I do not). A lot of QC issues going on with this supposed flagship.
    Yup.. Reception issues have always been a problem with them on my carrier

just as there have always been software issues that usually iron themselves out over a couple of patches.

I know 3 note 7 owners. 2 are power users and 1 never changes anything on his phone and is oblivious to just about everything Android but is a major Note fan..

Guess which one is the only happy owner..

Like I said, take the phone back and get something else or a refund. There is no sense in having a new phone that you are this unhappy with and it doesn't matter if you only paid a little or a lot.. Life is way too short.
    08-30-2016 09:21 AM
    Locking the thread for a bit...

As we've said... if you want to help, please do. If not, please walk away.
    08-30-2016 09:25 AM
    Mod Note: Echoing what LeoRex said.

No phone is going to satisfy all users and there will inevitably be a fair bunch of users who aren't so happy with it.

As LeoRex said, please do respect the OP and his experiences, even if you do not agree with it.

If you have something genuinely helpful to share, then by all means, do share it with us. However, if you aren't really interested, it's probably best to walk away to save some energy and sanity.

Remember P.U.P.P.A.H.
    jhilker likes this.
    08-30-2016 09:32 AM
    I think the felling in my hands is very comfortable and premieum
    08-30-2016 10:48 AM
    I feel that the note 7 is a huge advancement from the note 5...
    jgraves1107 likes this.
    08-30-2016 10:49 AM
    For those of you coming from a Note 5 how does the N7 compare when listening to music with headphones? Still on the fence about upgrading. I will say if the N7 is released in the pink color that Best Buy has the S7 in I will be powerless to resist. I went to see it today and I thought it was beautiful. A Note 7 in that color would be stunning.
    I have got to hook it up to the Harley. That will tell me a lot on this. Bluetooth beats are awesome with it.
    08-30-2016 10:56 AM
226 ... 56789 ...