10-11-2016 10:15 AM
226 ... 678910
tools
    Oh and the 4K video is omg the bomb!
    08-30-2016 10:57 AM
    I am a long time note enthusiast however this version is making me very unhappy.
    There is a huge kybd lag ,clicking or trying to click anywhere on the curved area is hit and miss.

The biggest pain is the horrific cell signal and net lag. (Took me 3 times to get this page to refresh to post) My unit is almost unusable on cell only, wifi works fine.

I am working with T mobile on the issue and sadly think I am moving to another manufacturer.

The screen size is notably smaller than my note 3 as well.

My trade is a test engineer and to put it bluntly the phone was released to quickly. Or they knew the issues and decided to release anyway.

Ive had notes from the original euro with FM radio.

Very sad cusomer here.
    08-30-2016 04:44 PM
    After a little over a week I must say that I enjoy this phone very much. Battery life actually seems to be improving. So far, for my uses, it's a great phone.
    08-30-2016 05:07 PM
    I would return it and get another even if it isn't in the color you want to see if the one you had was a lemon and if the new one works and you like the phone see if you can return that one for the color you want before the 14 days are up. If you can do that i'm not on TMobile so I'm not sure.
    08-30-2016 05:19 PM
    I am a long time note enthusiast however this version is making me very unhappy.
    There is a huge kybd lag ,clicking or trying to click anywhere on the curved area is hit and miss.

The biggest pain is the horrific cell signal and net lag. (Took me 3 times to get this page to refresh to post) My unit is almost unusable on cell only, wifi works fine.

I am working with T mobile on the issue and sadly think I am moving to another manufacturer.

My trade is a test engineer and to put it bluntly the phone was released to quickly. Or they knew the issues and decided to release anyway.

Very sad cusomer here.
    I've had no problems with mine at all. I'm on Verizon though.
    08-30-2016 06:59 PM
    I don't really like AMOLED , but I love it otherwise
    (coming from an iPhone 6 Plus)
    08-30-2016 07:47 PM
    I like the feature that allows you to punch in a unique number sequence and hear someone's live voice on the other end. That's pretty sweet.
    08-30-2016 08:51 PM
    Love the phone and the experience. I just came from an iPhone 6s Plus which i still like a lot but this phone is so slender in comparison and boy did I miss the android experience. My only gripe is the fact that I have a bunch of scratches on the back of the phone and I have never dropped or placed it in a pocket with anything else. At least the screen is unblemished.
    08-30-2016 08:58 PM
    Totally love it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-30-2016 11:05 PM
    7 days later I'm pretty happy with my note 7. Battery life is probably the same as my note 5. I really don't pay alot of attention. I just use the phone and charge as needed.i didn"t initially think I would enjoy the edge feature, but it's not so bad. Other than not finding a good screen protector yet all is good. No lag, scratches, or any other issues so far. It does what I want it to do. That's all I really require in a phone. Lol
    08-31-2016 03:26 AM
    Sorry about all your issues. I have had my phone for 10 days and have not experienced any of the issues you have. I had a bad Galaxy 6, exchanged it and my problems were solved. As others have suggested, I would exchange it. I know they don't have the blue one but at least the new one should work properly. There will be some issues no matter what phone you have on any OS, overall all this phone works fine for me. Nothing wrong with just returning it and going back to Apple if you think that would be better for your needs. Good luck.
    08-31-2016 01:45 PM
    08-31-2016 02:04 PM

Very sad cusomer here.
    That is my exact experience and I'm very disappointed. Worst of all I understand that the reception issues are known and that's it...you have To cycle the phone. Can you imagine $800 For a device you have to turn on and off all day to function. My kids S5 has better 4G and WiFi....Beautifyk, but junk.
    08-31-2016 10:56 PM
    i also love the note 7 specially the s-pen, but i'm noticing some keyboard lag, i'm not sure if it's because of my tempered glass protector though...
    09-01-2016 05:23 AM
    I am sure there will be excuses as to why, or maybe there will be some educated people on here that can discern what I am speaking about.

I read forums, I rarely join them but it needed to be noted here (no pun intended) about how bad this phone sucks.

I have a us version coal blue note 7 on T-MO.

First, the one has an annoying duplicating notification tone. Sounds like it's on repeat or a DJ puts it on loop. The phone will ring for 2 to 15 seconds unless you hit the power button. Even that sometimes doesn't work. After a hard reset, and loading just one app to get notification sounds, the issue repeated it self immediately on the first sound. Oddly, it doesn't do it on all of the notifications, rather just some. It wasn't multiple notifications either, just one that caused it.

Two, the annoying messages crash. (Even the Bestbuy Samsung Rep.) was getting them on her phone. <~More on that later.
    The messages app will just crash while typing. And I am by far not the only one getting that error. It happens at various times for no rhyme or reason.

Three, the loud ... sounds. I know this is an issue that is on every phone. The issue being, you can precisely alter your sounds without using Fine Volume Control or another app that I found yesterday. That is annoying as s....

Four, the weak a.. battery life. It sucks... 850.00 for a phone, .... should just work. Don't give me the whole "it's new" blah blah.. Because even being an iPhone guy, I never experienced this many problems - and I always get my phones Day 1 with them. (THEY ARE NOT WITHOUT ISSUES) I get that.. but as bad as the battery is (it's not this bad). The sound just works. I don't get stupid popups out of the box (ie. candy crush pop up when I turned on the phone). I don't get what all the hype is about...

Five, the email system SUCKS! Deleting email on this thing is like watching flies you know what. I don't expect kids to understand this, but for working professionals, being able to swipe to delete "QUICKLY" like you can on an iPhone is important. It's sluggish at best... The outlook app is better but not by much... And I should not have to go and test 20 apps to see which one works the best when the one on the phone AND it's apps should just work.

Six.. Reception issues.. The phone just gets poor reception... My iPhone and buddies Nexus received 4 out of 5 bars in most locations where as my Note 7 - did not. Averaged 2/3 bars. And again, I am not the only one with this problem. HOWEVER It does seem to be more on TMO than anything else.

Seven, constant crashes!

I did go to BestBuy to their Samsung rep and had them look at the phone after all the issues, the hard reset, sim switch, etc... The young lady there did the in place software refresh to see if their were any hangups. The notification loop, still there. Poor reception? Still there. Message error, still there. Funny though, after all was said and done, she told me she received the message error crash as well - and that it's been happening since she received the phone.

Sadly, a lot of the issues above are on a lot of Samsung Note 7's. Of course T-MO isn't any help either as they just certified the Nougat software for the phone and have no release dates. Where as other carriers are ahead of the 8ball.

Samsung.. YOU HAD ONE job. Build a phone that works... How hard is that? Oh! And PS... the LED Cover, sucks. No magnet? Nothing to keep it closed? Who designed it, an 8 year old? If this is the best attempt at a flagship model, you have a lot of work to do. While there are some things this phone does well, the far outweighs the good by a long shot.

Android fanboys keep on... Trolling is childish and not needed. Maybe you have no issues with your phone, and if that is the case, good for you. For those of us adults who spend our money - we want things that work.

I gave this phone a try and will await Nougat to see if it's resolved. Seeing as I can't return the phone as Coral Blue isn't exactly in stock.

On a side note: I tried a Nexus and my iPhone 6 Plus and everything worked fine. Reception, etc... all worked the way they were supposed to. Back to the note 7 and it did not.

Has anyone else had these issues or some of them? If so have you found a resolotion?

Thanks
    Sorry. When you say "this phone sucks" it refers most like to that particle phone vs ALL phones.

I have mine. Set it up as new device vs transferring settings and apps. Works beautifully.

2 co-workers have them as well. We all set them up the same way and zero issues at all.

So "this phone" means that your phone might be an issue or you used Smart Switch which it's documented has an issue.
    clg82 and Gray Area like this.
    09-01-2016 06:05 AM
    Alot of my initial gripes have balanced out so I won't mention them. Coming from a note 5, I was expecting a refined experience on an already great platform. So far things have settled down and the note 7 is starting to fulfill that expectation for the most part.

-beautiful hardware
    -beautiful screen
    -fast most times
    -better battery then note 5,
    -refined experience on tw (getting better and still feature rich)

My only negatives right now are, sometimes, particularly in the bottom right corner of the screen my touches don't register and I have to press a little harder. This happens randomly and idk if it has to do with the curved screen or not, but it can be a pain. Secondly sometimes it downloads apps slow, this could also be do to poor signal and wifi though. Finally, when using blutooth on multiple devices, when talking on phone, the person on the other line reported to me multiple times that I sound choppy and Laggy.

For the most part this phone is awesome, I've heard the scary stories of explosions, scratches, easy cracked screens, lag, etc... But I've had a mostly positive experience. Like I mentioned earlier, the phone had multiple issues bothering me out the gate but since has calmed down and runs smooth, fast and does everything I want it to do beautifully.
    09-01-2016 06:06 AM
    I wouldn't have a problem with your post in general, but you forgot to mention that only -your- device sucks. The Note 7 in general doesn't have the issues you're talking about---no matter how badly you want it to be the case. If I were in your shoes, as "an adult who spends his money", I'd recognize that these behaviors/issues aren't commonplace and would just wait to exchange my phone. To pretend like every OEM doesn't have devices shipped that are lemons is naïve. You're more than welcome to rant like this, but I wouldn't be shocked when most responses are negative.
    This.

And for the Mod you're right. Being respectful is a key and should be followed. Followed by both those who decide to make a post and those responding.

I have had issues with my phones in the past but the whole "this sucks " this device sucks". This phone sucks. Etc etc. That's something that strikes the wrong tone from the beginning FWIW
    cwbcpa, msndrstood and Gray Area like this.
    09-01-2016 06:10 AM

Very sad cusomer here.
    Huh? How is the screen size smaller? That's actually physically impossible. Perhaps you mean the phone itself is physically smaller. Then yes I agree that this phone is slimmer with a bigger screen and easier to hold vs my Note 3 and beyond
    09-01-2016 06:13 AM
    Love the phone and the experience. I just came from an iPhone 6s Plus which i still like a lot but this phone is so slender in comparison and boy did I miss the android experience. My only gripe is the fact that I have a bunch of scratches on the back of the phone and I have never dropped or placed it in a pocket with anything else. At least the screen is unblemished.
    Same here. Came from that phone and this phone is surprisingly slimmer. Easier to hold.

I used to try cases on the iPhone and otade it too wide so I used smaller crappy covers that just barely covered the phone.

I just got a Caseology carbon fiber for this and now it's the same size as a iPhone 6+ with no case.

I have 1 smaller scratch on the back right above the Verizon logo and no idea how it got there since i slapped a case on this within 12 hours of getting it.
    09-01-2016 06:16 AM
    That is my exact experience and I'm very disappointed. Worst of all I understand that the reception issues are known and that's it...you have To cycle the phone. Can you imagine $800 For a device you have to turn on and off all day to function. My kids S5 has better 4G and WiFi....Beautifyk, but junk.
    This is the ONE area I don't like with the Note. Cell signal.

Now some will say it's the carrier. And to some degree that is true. I'm on VZW. However my iPhone 6+ from my home never had a single issue with reception.

Yesterday I'm talking on my Note and 3 times the person on the other end couldn't hear me clearly. AND I was using wifi calling AND I have super high speed on that.

Everything else I'm in love with. But why why why do all these phones have issues with their cell radios? And cell radios have probably one of the biggest impacts on battery there is.
    09-01-2016 06:19 AM
    I love my note 7, no lag or anything so far
    09-01-2016 06:25 AM
    I had somebody show me once the wonders of Technology, as he could use his voice to dictate his text messages, and from the other end, when text messages came in, he could use the phone and its text to voice feature to actually read out the messages to him. So I thought about that for a second, and then replied, So let me get this straight, what you're bragging about is that you can now use your phone to speak your message to the other person, and then hear that person's words spoken back to you, right?

I don't think he ever understood the irony.
    09-01-2016 06:26 AM
    It's funny that all of the posts saying that this was "just my phone" when Samsung is possibly recalling phones for various issues. Actually the issues they are "recalling" aren't exactly what I was having, but they are considering reception as one of them.

I am on my 3rd Note 7, and I should not be. As others have stated, for this kind of money it should work. But if it was a 200.00 phone I would expect it to work as well. That is just me...

Thank god for the folks at my local store - as they have been able to duplicate all issues after seeing them in person. They actually didn't want to admit that they had been seeing the issues but the manager last evening told me as well that they have now seen an influx of phones coming back.

This may not mean anything to 99% of you, but what I also saw from GeekBench and AnT benchmarking was a "HUGE" variance in performance numbers. For the geeks... My first phone I had as a loaner saw a number of 140,000. That is HUGE! And almost on par with the speed and performance of its overseas rival Note 7. The SnapDragon did very well... Now my second phone had performance numbers of 85/90k. My tests were "before and after a master reset". And nothing put on the phone except for Tmobiles bloat etc... My third phone had 110/112 respectively. I now have to swap this phone out because of a notification loop that has been on all of the phones I have had. Also something the reps have seen at TMO, as well as the Samsung Experience Rep at Bestbuy.

I personally don't care if fanboys don't see the issues. They "do" exist. And as people new to the phone and now new to these forums are experiencing them, they are sharing with the community. Instead of flaming users, you should grasp their issues and embrace what they are for the better of the phone and the software. You may not have issues now, but in the future you may. Proactive vs. reactive.

I don't run around bashing Verizon/Spring/ATT Owners for having better experiences. I want to know why, and why TMO isn't seeking resolution.

No one should be on a third phone... Nor should their be anyone returning devices. I envy those that have had good experiences. I have a 60 hour work schedule and I need a device that "just works". NOT intermittently, but actually works. Hopefully they do a full recall and resolve all of these problems.

Keep our fingers crossed.
    And thanks to the mods for understanding where I was coming from in the beginning with my post.
    09-01-2016 09:13 AM
    "MyFirstAndroidSucks" Ha ha! I remember my first Android experience and it was wild and woolly at first. Loved Android after I figured it out and loved it since.
    09-01-2016 09:30 AM
    "MyFirstAndroidSucks" Ha ha! I remember my first Android experience and it was wild and woolly at first. Loved Android after I figured it out and loved it since.
    I hear you... I hope it ends up that way.. But three phones and numerous issues is a bit much. One last phone to see what can be done, if not then Ill revert back to what I used prior.

The phone looks good.. I'll give it that, but I need it to be more than cosmetic you know?
    UCantHndlTheTruth likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:47 AM
226 ... 678910