10-11-2016 10:15 AM
226 ... 78910
tools
    I don't really like AMOLED , but I love it otherwise
    (coming from an iPhone 6 Plus)
    This is one of the bigger reasons I went to this phone. The AMOLED screen is much cleaner than my Retina was on my iPhone 6 Plus. I was worried about the saturation, as by default the screen is HEAVILY saturated. However was happy to know I could adjust it to a neutral setting as well for more true to life looking photos. It's not for everyone I am sure, but watching 4k videos on it in 1440k has been nice.
    09-01-2016 09:49 AM
    If the phone is so bad why continue to have the company replace it? I would have just given up after the first replacement phone.
    09-01-2016 09:51 AM
    I hear you... I hope it ends up that way.. But three phones and numerous issues is a bit much. One last phone to see what can be done, if not then Ill revert back to what I used prior.

The phone looks good.. I'll give it that, but I need it to be more than cosmetic you know?
    It the case of Sammy's phones, it is more than skin deep. I don't buy bad phones or tablets and I've been with Sammy since 2010. That said, my HTC EVO 4G (second Android phone) made me very unhappy and I wanted to throw it. Never with Sammy's phones.

The great thing about Android phones is that you can take control of it if you want to and change what you don't like. Even the N7.
    09-01-2016 10:05 AM
    It's funny that all of the posts saying that this was "just my phone" when Samsung is possibly recalling phones for various issues. Actually the issues they are "recalling" aren't exactly what I was having, but they are considering reception as one of them.
    I don't think there is a recall (or least I haven't heard of a recall). I do know in the Asia countries they are holding shipments to fix things but only over there -- not for US models.
    09-01-2016 10:08 AM
    I don't think there is a recall (or least I haven't heard of a recall). I do know in the Asia countries they are holding shipments to fix things but only over there -- not for US models.
    Ill give you that. It's not physically in place, but it's coming. Hence why there is a halt. And everyone is reporting it's coming. Common sense would also state that it's coming as well. Just a matter of time... As much as I dislike my device so far though, I think if people are charging there device with something other than the OEM plug, they get what they deserve.

BTW... In speaking to TMO reps, they indicated last night this was coming before it was stated today all over the internet. Also stated that they are looking into more than just the battery but probably won't disclose the antenna issues and reception issues. Hopefully they get all of this resolved.
    09-01-2016 03:55 PM
    It the case of Sammy's phones, it is more than skin deep. I don't buy bad phones or tablets and I've been with Sammy since 2010. That said, my HTC EVO 4G (second Android phone) made me very unhappy and I wanted to throw it. Never with Sammy's phones.

The great thing about Android phones is that you can take control of it if you want to and change what you don't like. Even the N7.

Yup, but in all honesty I could do that with my jailbroken iPhone too. At least for what I do with networking and my IT work. I am not talking about icons, and this or that.. I mean actual functionality. This is why I can't take most of these responses seriously, because a lot of people simply use their phone for texting or playing pokemon. Not where it matters, if you know what I mean...
    09-01-2016 03:57 PM
    Ill give you that. It's not physically in place, but it's coming. Hence why there is a halt. And everyone is reporting it's coming. Common sense would also state that it's coming as well. Just a matter of time... As much as I dislike my device so far though, I think if people are charging there device with something other than the OEM plug, they get what they deserve.

BTW... In speaking to TMO reps, they indicated last night this was coming before it was stated today all over the internet. Also stated that they are looking into more than just the battery but probably won't disclose the antenna issues and reception issues. Hopefully they get all of this resolved.
    I think you're drastically over exaggerating the issues with the Note 7.
    09-01-2016 03:58 PM

I would say that is a bit much for "They get what they deserve". We all use 3rd party things from cases, to chargers, and things of that nature with our phones.
    09-01-2016 04:02 PM

What reception issues? The reception is identical to my employees iPhone 6s. And by identical I mean exactly identical.

Gray Area likes this.
    09-01-2016 04:12 PM
    This is one of the bigger reasons I went to this phone. The AMOLED screen is much cleaner than my Retina was on my iPhone 6 Plus. I was worried about the saturation, as by default the screen is HEAVILY saturated. However was happy to know I could adjust it to a neutral setting as well for more true to life looking photos. It's not for everyone I am sure, but watching 4k videos on it in 1440k has been nice.
    it's not the saturation that worried me, it's the trade-offs. Pink tints/uneven screens/banding on grey screens/burn in are all things really common with amoled
    these are things that most people don't notice, especially not unless they look really hard. but that really tend to bother me
    09-01-2016 10:33 PM
    Loving my N7 more by the minute. Day 2+ and learning it all. The more I learn the more I like it.
    09-01-2016 10:42 PM
    It's funny that all of the posts saying that this was "just my phone" when Samsung is possibly recalling phones for various issues. Actually the issues they are "recalling" aren't exactly what I was having, but they are considering reception as one of them.

I am on my 3rd Note 7, and I should not be. As others have stated, for this kind of money it should work. But if it was a 200.00 phone I would expect it to work as well. That is just me...

Thank god for the folks at my local store - as they have been able to duplicate all issues after seeing them in person. They actually didn't want to admit that they had been seeing the issues but the manager last evening told me as well that they have now seen an influx of phones coming back.

This may not mean anything to 99% of you, but what I also saw from GeekBench and AnT benchmarking was a "HUGE" variance in performance numbers. For the geeks... My first phone I had as a loaner saw a number of 140,000. That is HUGE! And almost on par with the speed and performance of its overseas rival Note 7. The SnapDragon did very well... Now my second phone had performance numbers of 85/90k. My tests were "before and after a master reset". And nothing put on the phone except for Tmobiles bloat etc... My third phone had 110/112 respectively. I now have to swap this phone out because of a notification loop that has been on all of the phones I have had. Also something the reps have seen at TMO, as well as the Samsung Experience Rep at Bestbuy.

I personally don't care if fanboys don't see the issues. They "do" exist. And as people new to the phone and now new to these forums are experiencing them, they are sharing with the community. Instead of flaming users, you should grasp their issues and embrace what they are for the better of the phone and the software. You may not have issues now, but in the future you may. Proactive vs. reactive.

I don't run around bashing Verizon/Spring/ATT Owners for having better experiences. I want to know why, and why TMO isn't seeking resolution.

No one should be on a third phone... Nor should their be anyone returning devices. I envy those that have had good experiences. I have a 60 hour work schedule and I need a device that "just works". NOT intermittently, but actually works. Hopefully they do a full recall and resolve all of these problems.

Keep our fingers crossed.
    And thanks to the mods for understanding where I was coming from in the beginning with my post.
    Man that really sucks. I had to replace my first note 7 because my screen was defective. 1/2 of the screen didn't illuminate all the way but this second note has been rock solid. I'm supper happy now!
    UCantHndlTheTruth likes this.
    09-01-2016 11:55 PM
    it's not the saturation that worried me, it's the trade-offs. Pink tints/uneven screens/banding on grey screens/burn in are all things really common with amoled
    these are things that most people don't notice, especially not unless they look really hard. but that really tend to bother me
    Oh jeez!!! I didn't know that existed on these like that. Just more to worry about I guess........ Does it happen over time or is it one of those things that it's on a phone by phone basis?
    09-02-2016 09:52 AM
    Man that really sucks. I had to replace my first note 7 because my screen was defective. 1/2 of the screen didn't illuminate all the way but this second note has been rock solid. I'm supper happy now!

Well, I picked up my last one last night, I hope! But alas more issues! Reception seems to have gained an increase, but it looks like I have the lag. Something I did not have on the other phones. I now feel what some of you are saying about your lag. It took 10 seconds for Facebook to come up. On the other phones it was near instant and FLEW!! I just have crap luck with these devices I suppose.

The notification sound thing though, seems to have gone away! But I would rather deal with that then this slow phone! I have only used it for the last few hours, so we shall see. Been crazy with the hurricane in Florida and my job is dealing with the aftermath of the roads lol... so no time to test and play...

On a side note, has anyone found a way to fix the lag? We did the master reset at the store - before we moved data over... not sure what else to really do. And no, I should not have to DISABLE anything. Especially when I had 3 phones prior that were at least fast even though they didn't work well.

Lastly, has anyone seen the lock in the middle of the screen when you boot up with blue and green circles going around it? I haven't been able to find it in searches...
    09-02-2016 09:57 AM
    What reception issues? The reception is identical to my employees iPhone 6s. And by identical I mean exactly identical.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...add7845b0f.jpg

This may mean something if you were in my same area and used my same phone. However you didn't...

If you're in an area next to a tower and don't have the latency between the phones like most of us do that travel, you won't see the signal degradation. That is just common sense though... Signal over distance, is where you see the slope of degradation increase on the samsung vs. the iPhone. Being on ATT also is a different story than TMO since ATT and Verizon both had out of the box updates that TMO did not. Not an apples to apples comparison (excuse the pun)
    09-02-2016 10:00 AM
    There is one now! lmao.. I haven't seen the numbers though.. I bet it extends to the US later on if it hasn't already! =/
    09-02-2016 10:02 AM
    Oh jeez!!! I didn't know that existed on these like that. Just more to worry about I guess........ Does it happen over time or is it one of those things that it's on a phone by phone basis?
    I don't have those issues.
    09-02-2016 10:04 AM
    There is one now! lmao.. I haven't seen the numbers though.. I bet it extends to the US later on if it hasn't already! =/
    Already has.
    09-02-2016 10:04 AM
    This may mean something if you were in my same area and used my same phone. However you didn't...

If you're in an area next to a tower and don't have the latency between the phones like most of us do that travel, you won't see the signal degradation. That is just common sense though... Signal over distance, is where you see the slope of degradation increase on the samsung vs. the iPhone. Being on ATT also is a different story than TMO since ATT and Verizon both had out of the box updates that TMO did not. Not an apples to apples comparison (excuse the pun)
    You said the phones have reception issues. If that was true the numbers would vary side by side no matter how far from a tower they are. So what your post says is the phones dont have an issue, T Mobile has an issue. 2 phones, same tower, same reading means very clearly it isnt a phone problem at all. But hey keep blaming the phone for your discontent.

As for the "travel" portion... dont assume your the only one who does so.
    09-02-2016 10:08 AM
    Already has.
    I just saw that lol.. Just saw the twitter post from TMO also saying they are refunding customers phones/accessories etc... But alas (THERE IS NO PROBLEM) lmao..................... comical
    09-02-2016 10:17 AM
    You said the phones have reception issues. If that was true the numbers would vary side by side no matter how far from a tower they are. So what your post says is the phones dont have an issue, T Mobile has an issue. 2 phones, same tower, same reading means very clearly it isnt a phone problem at all. But hey keep blaming the phone for your discontent.

As for the "travel" portion... dont assume your the only one who does so.
    This is true. There's a difference between brands of phones having different reception issues and where you are actually located.

I have the same crappy reception I've had when I had my iPhone 6+ and now this phone. BOTH give me 1 bar sometimes two.
    09-02-2016 11:23 AM
    Overall disappointed.

Pros: build quality and size. S-pen. Mostly the AMOLED screen. It's beautiful.

Cons: battery life, lag\slow\stutters, won't play music via USB in car, my brother can unlock my phone with iris scanner. Exploding battery😅

I'm mostly an IOS user. Pros and cons on both IOS and Android. Scrolling through web pages or Facebook has been very annoying with the note 7. The screen is all jumpy while scrolling. I've tried shutting down unwanted background apps installed by manufacturer, AT&T, and other bloatware. Tried turning off animations. This helped a little, but still lags. Shouldn't have to do these things anyways with a new phone. I could see months down the road after I have installed conflicting apps, but Samsung should make sure that the most basic things work at all times. With specs like this, it shouldn't have any problems. If only they knew how to manage software like Apple. I guess it makes it easier for Apple to manage when they lock it down like fort Knox.
    09-03-2016 08:51 PM
    Really...do you REALLY think they are overstating how bad the problems with this phone are??? Oh, today they are stopping production and scrapping the phone completely.

Don't be blinded by super fan love
    10-11-2016 08:03 AM
    Really...do you REALLY think they are overstating how bad the problems with this phone are??? Oh, today they are stopping production and scrapping the phone completely.

Don't be blinded by super fan love
    LOL. So true... Be careful they may ban you for saying something bad about this perfect mobile device. It really gives you some prospective when a company spends what they do on R and D and then scrap it completely. Speaks volumes.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    10-11-2016 08:13 AM
    Nope.. No recall.. Just full cancelation l of the entire project.
    10-11-2016 08:18 AM
226 ... 78910