How's your Note 7 Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: One Week In - How's your Note 7 Experience?

It's been 7 days tomorrow and I've enjoyed ever minute of owning it.

From the actual feel deal and use of my Note , to a nice conversation starter the other night when I went out to great pictures I've been taking since owning it.

Very happy here

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site

I love it! I'm using the iris scanner much more than I thought I would, and it is by far the coolest phone I've ever owned.

My main gripe is the battery, but that's because I got spoiled on the battery life on my Note 4 with a ZeroLemon battery/case. So, it's jarring going from needing to charge every 3-4 days to needing to charge by 9pm every night. (But with the stock battery, my aging N4 was needing juice just after lunch time, so by that comparison, the N7 battery is much better.) I might end up getting a battery case for the N7 down the road. :p

vespesian

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site

Love it. Super-slick phone, great build quality - and lag differences with other phones seem miniscule, tbh. Takes time to learn, tho..."Help" app is a little scant. Also - my battery life is getting better (8+hrs, med usage). On Bell Mobility.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
This phone is a boss. Everything about it is so great compared to the Note 4. This phone is smooth and fluid. Camera is one of the best out there and is quick. Some say the phone is not smooth and lags, but so far I have only experienced some lag but still very quick and snappy. Remember you will suffer a little lag regardless with such feature packed phone. Overall, the phone is fast, smooth, fluid, and IS the top of the food chain in 2016 like Flossy Carter says.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site

I love the phone so far. Everything just seems to work like it is supposed to. I took a different tact when setting this phone up, I did not pull anything from my old phone, and I did not auto-down load apps. I figure as I need it, I will go out and get it. I bloat my own phones trying stuff and never deleting.

Some of my favorite features, coming from the Note 4:
  • AOD
  • Light sensors -- my auto-brightness is spot on no matter how light or dark my environment it. I woke in the middle of the night last night and turned on my screen in the pitch dark -- screen opened at the perfect dimness. I have not even needed the blue light filter yet.
  • Finger print sensor / iris sensor are a huge step forward
  • Edge apps. I have added Google Now to the app edge and it is my preferred way to get there now
  • Camera is awesome. Great detail, great color
  • Display is best I've ever seen.
  • My battery life is hugely improved over the Note 4, we'll see how long that lasts.

I do wish it was easier to find a good screen protector. I thought I had a solution in IQ Shield full body wrap, but the screen side is lifting in two corners now. Kinda bumbed by that because it was looking really nice.

I just love the phone, for me it is the total package.

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site

Love the usb-c
Love the camera - excellent in tricky lighting situations
Screen is GORGEOUS... Best feature

Biggest dislike - SCREEN Scratches super easily

Have had a Note 3 for over 2 years with NO screen protector... Flawless screen even with twice weekly drops... Note 7 already has tiny Scratches on the front of my screen from just putting it in my pocket!!

Seriously considering downgrading to the Note 5 - 64gb... Is the screen just as bright and clear?? How about camera on 5 ?? If screen and camera are similar in switching phones...

"Gorilla5-Gate" is unacceptable to me... This phone must last me a couple of years and to already have numerous front screen Scratches is CRAZY... super disappointed because i waited 2 months to upgrade anticipating this phone

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site

Tell me please! My AOD is up to date but I don't see any option to customize the AOD display.
This is from Todd Anthony's instructions from another thread so I'll give credit where credit is due

Go into the Always On Display section in settings. At the bottom click ABOUT ALWAYS ON DISPLAY. Make sure it is version 1.7.29. if it isn't, it should give you an option to update it right then and there. If you are on that version, go to LAYOUTS, Content to Show = CLOCK, and then scroll to the very last one on the bottom. That AOD lets you use your own photo. :)

Here's mines .....
20160825_181728.jpg

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site

So far it has been a great experience. Love the S Pen, the display is beautiful and crisp, and for me the performance has been just fine. Knock on wood, but I haven't experienced any major lag or scratches like have been reported in other threads. Battery is acceptable but not great, but to be fair I really haven't tweaked it much yet.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site

How are you guys scratching your phones so easily? I have yet to scratch mine, hopefully will never.

UP2NoGooD

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Man I tell you all the negative crap I read about the Note 7 I almost canceled the order. Part of me said wait till you get it and if in deed it's that bad return it. Glad I listened to my instincts and decided to stick with it!!!

My biggest fear was the battery life. I am in the IT field and I constantly check emails and ect. So my daily use maybe higher then average. Day 1 at work is almost over. Today alone I donwnloaded maybe 5 apps, customized a ton of features, and wrote 10+ emails back and forth. Some may think my battery would be dead by now especially with the Always On active. Happy to report I'm still at 75% !!! This thing is an aboslute beast and very happy with it. The quick charge is also mouth dropping fast. When I first got the phone and unboxed it was about 52% it charged to 100 in less then 1 hour. I was very surprised.

Overall performance is good the camera meh could have been a tiny bit better maybe 16 but I'm not a Instagram freak so it's fine for me. Only slight issue I saw was using touch wiz my keyboard would very briefly split of a second stick and double letters would enter instead of one. I switched to Nova and all issues cleared.

I'm also upgrading from Note 3 so I guess my expectations were not crazy high as others. Overall I grade this phone 9/10 as almost perfect.

JOHNGAETANO

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site

Left iPhone 6s Plus. Been a phone and tech junkie for many years. Have used them all.

Loving my Note 7. Love the feel, and how it fits in my hands. Love the screen size and clarity. Love the S Pen. Love the flexibility and customizable Android OS. Love the Waterproofing.

Had some lag issues Monday and Tuesday, but i think ive resolved them.

All is well. I can't put it down.

UP2NoGooD

May 4, 2011
Visit site

Once you have the version updated just go to clock and scroll to last option. This is the tricky part the last option shows a clock with stars so many get confused and think they are picking that specific setting. You can replace the start pic in preview with your own custom one.

You're welcome =)

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site

sadly, I'm not liking it much at all. as a "phone" its performance is poor. signal strength at home is a mere 1-2 bars (115-122dBm). my note 5 on the other hand pulls in almost a full signal (85-92 dBm). I can only assume the poor signal is the reason for the dismal battery life. and I still haven't loaded apps on it:(

Maybe you have a defective unit. My n7 is better than my 6s plus by 5 to 12 dbm and my note 5 by 2 to 5 dbm on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11