How's your Note 7 Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: One Week In - How's your Note 7 Experience?

Didnt make it a full week before mine went back. The display wasnt as good as my S7 Edge or S7 Active. Looked washed out, slightly grainy, had a yellow tint and the blacks werent as deep. Battery life wasnt terrible but not as good as my Edge and of course nowhere near my Active. Phone seemed to stutter a bit more than the other 2 even after wiping the cache partition and running package disabler. For me the main reason for returning it was it wasnt a big enough upgrade from the edge to justify $900. The only advantage was the S-Pen which was easily remedied with a nice stylus. I've been know to try things multiple times so maybe Ill give it another shot down the road. In the mean time I'll keep an eye on this forum to see if the upcoming updates help.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

This. This is what was lacking in all of my other Notes 2-5 without extended batteries. I couldn't be happier with it. And I got a great tempered glass screen protector that sticks and works with my Spigen wallet case. 😍

c953a54a5a29119e2b1055a883f68249.jpg

aaf9ca62ed191ede70ad17a5573ea8fa.jpg

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

I love it! This is definitely the dream phone I've always wanted--a Galaxy Note with IP68 rating. Now I have it!

As far as performance, it's works just as well as my S7 edge did. The S pen features are definitely more refined than they were on the Note 5.

The only thing I question on this phone is the iris scanner. I don't like the extra swipe on the lock screen to use it. I wish Samsung would figure out a way to make it work more seamlessly.

I plan on hanging onto this phone now until the Note 8 comes out.

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

This. This is what was lacking in all of my other Notes 2-5 without extended batteries. I couldn't be happier with it. And I got a great tempered glass screen protector that sticks and works with my Spigen wallet case. 😍

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/c953a54a5a29119e2b1055a883f68249.jpg

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160827/aaf9ca62ed191ede70ad17a5573ea8fa.jpg
What glass screen protector? I need a good one.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

What glass screen protector? I need a good one.
This one. I got it yesterday and so far so good despite the negative reviews. I've used Pleson screen protectors for my Note 4 and 5 and never had to replace them. Very satisfied.

Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector, PLESON® [3D Full Coverage] Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Case Friendly] 9H/Bubble Free Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 7 - Lifetime Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4H0EK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5371494

kaelthanas

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

This one. I got it yesterday and so far so good despite the negative reviews. I've used Pleson screen protectors for my Note 4 and 5 and never had to replace them. Very satisfied.

Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector, PLESON® [3D Full Coverage] Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Case Friendly] 9H/Bubble Free Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 7 - Lifetime Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4H0EK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5371497
Thank you, if you don't mind letting me know how it holds up that would be much appreciated.

LL HUGH J

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

I agree with the poster who said the Note 4's camera was better. That thing took GORGEOUS pics and vids. Really wish they kept the 16 MP

anon(2383976)

May 10, 2012
Visit site

I love it! This is definitely the dream phone I've always wanted--a Galaxy Note with IP68 rating. Now I have it!

As far as performance, it's works just as well as my S7 edge did. The S pen features are definitely more refined than they were on the Note 5.

The only thing I question on this phone is the iris scanner. I don't like the extra swipe on the lock screen to use it. I wish Samsung would figure out a way to make it work more seamlessly.

I plan on hanging onto this phone now until the Note 8 comes out.

I think iris scanner implementation is fine. It's for folks who wear gloves.

LalaKitty

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site

I love many aspects of it, but currently on a call with TMobile to get a replacement. First my blue phone arrived with the wrong color S Pen. Second, is major lag and running hot. I tried rebooting, system restore to factory, and using system maintenance to clean things up. Nothing is working. I already had the Note 5 and never had this problem. Thinking I got a buggy one. The sucky thing is TMobile is suppose to be out about 2 months on the blue, so I might have to cave and get the black which is ok. Hoping to get this rectified quickly, currently on hold for a rep.

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

There are so many things to like about my Note 7. The smartphone is gorgeous. Love the black color. The first major improvement over the Note 5 is the S-pen. The accuracy of the S-pen is loads better. Although I am still getting used to the thicker lines it produces. The text input box is much improved. Performance wise it's not as smooth as my Note 5. Once action memo is back I will be more satisfied. Always on display is a nice touch. I really like what Samsung did with Notes app. Overall look of the software is very refined. The edge display is exciting. I love that I can just swipe from the side and see my calendar and the day's agenda. The camera takes great photos, but then again so did my Note 5. It's not a huge upgrade over the Note 5, but I'm glad I upgraded. I went with a different carrier as well. AT&T to Verizon. I didn't get a screen protector as I feel they Are no longer necessary. But I got a decent Spigen case for $10 so I'm happy. I should keep this smartphone for a year. Or at least that's what I'm hoping for. I have had every Note ever released And I'm starting to believe that it's my niche. I'm just overwhelmingly satisfied with the Samsung Galaxy Note series and the Note 7 doesn't disappoint.

Excellent review.. Thanx.. Why do you say the 7 isn't as smooth as the 5?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

I think iris scanner implementation is fine. It's for folks who wear gloves.
Yes or when you're at the pool and your hands are wet. That was me tonight. Picked up the phone. Pressed the home button, Fingerprint didn't work since my hands were wet. Iris scanner popped up. I looked at the phone and it opened instantly. Very useful stuff.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Excellent review.. Thanx.. Why do you say the 7 isn't as smooth as the 5?
Just from experience so far my Note 5 was smoother. I had stated in another thread that Samsung's Exynos chips perform better in their Smartphones than Qualcom chips. It seems to be the case this time around. The lag doesn't bother me. It really isn't that bad, but it is a noticeable difference.

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

I absolutely love it. It is without a doubt the best phone I've ever had. What brought my love to an all time high today was the battery being a complete boss. I was on a train home from the city and the battery got down to like 8%. I put it on medium power saving(but kept the screen resolution at QHD) and continued using Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram and Google Music for the entire 90 minute commute home. When I walked in the house I was still streaming music and I took a couple of pics on 1%. Coming from a Note 4 that would basically cease to function properly and just flat out refused to take pictures once it got under 15 percent it was amazing seeing my Note 7 just handle like a boss with a battery under 5%.

chyeo1979

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site

Just from experience so far my Note 5 was smoother. I had stated in another thread that Samsung's Exynos chips perform better in their Smartphones than Qualcom chips. It seems to be the case this time around. The lag doesn't bother me. It really isn't that bad, but it is a noticeable difference.

Does that mean the Note 7 with Exynos chip will be smoother than the Note 7 with snapdragon? For my region, we are getting the Exynos but i wonder is it really that different?

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Returning mine Monday most likely.

Nice phone, screen is stunning and the curve is nice ( my first curved screen phone ) battery is excellent.

But I really just can't stand the Samsung software. Im not overly impressed by the camera either coming from the HTC 10. Speakers also aren't as good.

The only peace of mind I have with this phone is the waterproof but other than it gives me major anxiety as far as taking one drop .

I wanted to love this phone I really really did but I miss my 10. I miss the close to stock software and interface. I miss the speakers as well as the build of the phone

The 10 uses way less RAM by comparison too.

Also, the fingerprint reader is a tad faster on the 10. I like that I can just place my finger on it to wake it up but with the Note I have to physically click the button to wake it with my finger.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Just an FYI, using a lot of RAM is not a bad thing. Android performs much better with a full RAM.

boriqua2000

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site

When I first started using my note 7 the screen was bright and vibrant. Now it looks dim for some reason. I have all the settings correct but it's still dim. When i open the YouTube app the screen brightens up again. But as soon as i leave the app it's back to dimness.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Hey.

Do you by any chance have Video Enhancer enabled? It's in display settings.

It boosts brightness, contrast and saturation while playing video in certain apps.

Attachments

• 2937.jpg
    2937.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 164
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34