The pixie dust has worn off now. so a more objective perspective of the Note 7 should be possible. Here are some perspective bullets compared some to the MXPE:

+ Nice feel in hand
    + Display even at 1080p mode is great
    + Camera is great, but surprised hardly any reviews point out that low light results are better than the S7E.
    + Touch Wiz is finally worthy
    + Power setting options are great, but would be nice to create different custom profiles beyond two
    + Light pen improvements finally make it useful to me beyond curiosity
    + Battery life is very good: 5 hours compared to 3.5 hours SOT with the MXPE for my relative use (own use is what really counts for comparing). I get an extra 45 minutes to an hour in FHD (1080P) if using GPU heavy apps.
    + Sound quality from 3.5 and BT is very good, but a battle sometimes to get BT volume output to play nice with my car (no issue with Note 4 or MXPE)
    + Bluetooth, GPS and wifi lock on fast and are stable
    - Signal reception is a little weaker than the MXPE, but does not seem to get hot like the MXPE with a weaker signal.
    - The 820 seems a nominal ACTUAL improvement from a CPU standpoint from the 808. I use Dead or Alive + with MAME 139 to test actual CPU power. The N7 is barely any better than the MXPE. Still not smooth. The Apple A6 on up in comparison plays DOA+ arcade smooth. Per the MAME 139 dev, the code compile for game execution is the same for both Android and iOS. Apple is still the portable CPU king.
    - The speaker output compared to the MXPE is an insult to ears. I miss that.
    - The curve bugs me when content uses the sides- especially for reading since distorts
    - Finding a case that will protect as well as a flat display is zero.- unless you get a case that covers the curve (Best Buy actually has a few that does that- bad design miss). Using the Smart Case right now. Decent design, but costs too much and the flap is not secure.
    - My absolute biggest dislike is the glass design. This device is a crack magnet personified. Recent owner drops confirm this. My MXPE has a thin rubber case and has been dropped from 3 to 4 feet on concrete three times since owned and no damage at all.

My conclusion overall is it is a very good device, but will worry more about dropping than any previous device. The Note 4 as example also got dropped, but the plastic design, removable battery and cover helped displace energy when dropped. No damage after drops with that device either.
    Law2138, benjamminh and dsignori like this.
    08-25-2016 09:50 AM
    I can appreciate your review on what you like/dislike after initial excitement. While I don't own one myself, I spent a good amount of time visiting other threads to gather everyone's perspective. I find it interesting that you made comparisons to the MXPE, (which I am currently using as my S6 Active is being repaired). The MXPE is the perfect screen size for me, but the overall display quality and viewing angles are lacking. They're not horrible, but not even close to what Samsung has done in the S6/S7 devices.

Only if the MXPE had a larger batter and/or was more efficient, and a display that rivals what Samsung has, I'd be locked in for a while.

Your largest concern of device durability is one that many others have as well. What good is a device if it is fragile and cannot keep up with the average user? The Note 7 is IMO intended for a business office-like environment, wrapped in a leather flip case.

Owning the Note 7 is like having a Ferrari as your daily driver. Its expensive, looks great and is fast, but don't you dare drive it on anything less than a well maintained road.
    rushmore and Serkle K like this.
    08-25-2016 10:10 AM
    It's a beautiful device. I love it for media consumption but my iPhone performs better overall. Games play alot smoother, apps run better. The only thing about this phone I honestly prefer over my iPhone is the screen. I don't know if it's TouchWiz or Android in general but this phone doesn't perform like a top of the line Android device. If T-Mobile had the Moto Z Force, I'd return the note 7 and get that.
    08-25-2016 11:28 AM
    Was frustrated with the learning curve on the keyboard but installed Google keyboard on the typing experience is almost as fast as I was on my iPhone alrwady
    08-25-2016 12:03 PM
    If the MXPE2 had a 5.7" AMOLED display, 820, stereo speakers, 3500mah battery and kept the 3.5 jack, I would take that over the Note 7.

I think though "Molovo" has vested heavily into a the Z mod system that will likely only have niche interest. A lot of wasted bezel, no stereo speakers and no 3.5 jack makes the Z not my preference.
    08-25-2016 02:33 PM
    It's a beautiful device. I love it for media consumption but my iPhone performs better overall. Games play alot smoother, apps run better. The only thing about this phone I honestly prefer over my iPhone is the screen. I don't know if it's TouchWiz or Android in general but this phone doesn't perform like a top of the line Android device. If T-Mobile had the Moto Z Force, I'd return the note 7 and get that.
    Seriously, If you want near iPhone level performance and 6+ battery life, go to medium power savings, customize and only turn on the FHD mode (leave others off). Even after changing to FHD, you will find the display quality still smokes the iPhone.
    08-25-2016 02:35 PM