To preface everything that's about to follow, I'd like to state that this is for people who actually own the device. I'm not interested in engaging with those that don't and simply want to push their agenda.

Any time I get a Samsung device (or any device, for that matter), I generally go through after I've downloaded all my apps and make sure I've covered everything I need to get the best out my phone.

For starters, I go into Application Manager and disable all the "bloat". For performance reasons, S Voice is at the top of the list. Anything you don't use/need can be uninstalled/disabled from that part of the settings menu.

From there, I hop into the Advanced Features settings and disable everything except the camera quick launch. Obviously if you find any of these features useful you can use them.

I install the Google keyboard over the stock keyboard. Performance with the Google keyboard has been excellent. Honestly, the haptic feedback is probably the best I've ever used in a device.

I then go into "Accounts" and go through the Google parts I have synced. I disable sync on individual items I don't need. This can also help with battery performance.

Lastly, and this is down to personal preference, but I enable Developer Settings by going into About Phone, tapping on Build Number 7 times, going into the Dev settings, and turning the animations (window, transition, animator) down to 0.5x. A lot of what can be perceived as "lag" is directly attributed to Samsung's animations being a little heavier/not implemented correctly. This can alleviate most of that.

After all that, restart your phone and see how it reacts. If you're going to comment, please include the chipset/carrier you have. It may help shed some light on the issues.
    amyf27, Wiley_11, dsignori and 1 others like this.
    08-25-2016 10:05 AM
    I prefer pdp to disable apps since it is quicker and you can save the xml file in case you do a fdr. But you need to be more careful using it as it could mess something up.
    08-25-2016 01:30 PM
    I prefer pdp to disable apps since it is quicker and you can save the xml file in case you do a fdr. But you need to be more careful using it as it could mess something up.
    Never used it myself, but that's definitely another option.
    08-25-2016 01:33 PM
    08-25-2016 01:34 PM
    This been one of the best and ver descriptive help Ive seen on any of my phones.I actually did a few of things you mentioned,ty.I downloaded the google keyboard and will try it.Question,do you how to change the notification light to blue when missed a call? alsoHave you heard of any good tempered glass for our phone? again ty for your insight brother.
    08-25-2016 01:47 PM
    I then go into "Accounts" and go through the Google parts I have synced. I disable sync on individual items I don't need.
    I do use most of these, but I can't identify the last one I see: "Sync People Details". Any idea what that is?
    08-25-2016 01:54 PM
    I do use most of these, but I can't identify the last one I see: "Sync People Details". Any idea what that is?
    Instead of trying to describe it, here's what Google had to say:

"People Details is a new sync service related to the recent release of Google Play Games. It was pushed to most (if not all) android devices recently. Its purpose is to tie you together across all Google Play services (the separate services available from the Google Play screen)."
    dsignori likes this.
    08-25-2016 02:01 PM
    This been one of the best and ver descriptive help Ive seen on any of my phones.I actually did a few of things you mentioned,ty.I downloaded the google keyboard and will try it.Question,do you how to change the notification light to blue when missed a call? alsoHave you heard of any good tempered glass for our phone? again ty for your insight brother.
    Apps like LightFlow can help with the notification light tweaking. As far as screen protectors go, I'd probably be the worst person to ask about that. I don't generally use cases/protectors.
    08-25-2016 02:06 PM
    thanks..was hoping the phone had it with out downloading another app.
    08-25-2016 02:15 PM