T-Mobile Note 7 - sending texts issues

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I just got the note 7 from T-Mobile and noticed my texts don't always send without an issue.

It happens when I'm on cellular only and when I'm on Wi-Fi.

Anyone else have this issue?

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Did you also log out of FaceTime? I would also follow these steps: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204074 as well as go to this website to get your phone number removed from their servers: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage When I switched from iPhone to Android back in '14 I had a bunch of issues with text messages not going out and not receiving them. Once Apple finally released my phone number from their servers everything was fine... took about a week or so to get it sorted and the same thing happened with my sister and parents about a year later when they left Apple for Android. When I first called in the Apple rep told me to just get a new phone number... lamest suggestion ever and that's how they were dealing with it.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s+ (imessage is turned off)

The problem is they don't send. I get send failed and have to resend.

Doesn't happen all the time but it really shouldn't happen at all.

Were you on T-mobile with your iPhone, and if yes were you texting other iPhone users? T-mobile in my area has a tough time with sms messages, especially if your signal is iffy. Often my recipients get 2 or 3 of the same message from me. T-mobile told me that was because the system basically wasn't sure if the sms sent, so it would retry. I often get failures sending pictures over sms even on wifi calling. I have had this issue ever since I got on T-mobile. Android and Windows phone had the issue, but my kids never experienced it with their tmo iPhones

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Question:
Do you have an LTE data signal on your phone? Some of us T-mobile Note 7 owners are having LTE issues.

michko

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Were you on T-mobile with your iPhone, and if yes were you texting other iPhone users? T-mobile in my area has a tough time with sms messages, especially if your signal is iffy. Often my recipients get 2 or 3 of the same message from me. T-mobile told me that was because the system basically wasn't sure if the sms sent, so it would retry. I often get failures sending pictures over sms even on wifi calling. I have had this issue ever since I got on T-mobile. Android and Windows phone had the issue, but my kids never experienced it with their tmo iPhones

Yes I have TMobile. I was not texting other iPhone users. I was texting other android users. I had already deregistered my phone number from iMessage and logged out of Facetime and iCloud before I switched to the Note 7.

It's just odd that text messages sometimes don't go out, ESPECIALLY if I'm try to send on WiFi too.

Anyone else have a similar issue? This is a deal breaker unfortunately.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not having any problems with SMS, but my MMS don't always send. Tried sending a pic the other day 4 times to the same person. He never got it. I'd sent him a pic earlier with no problems.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I had an iPhone 6s+ (imessage is turned off)

The problem is they don't send. I get send failed and have to resend.

Doesn't happen all the time but it really shouldn't happen at all.
Hi there. I have had trouble with texts sending to certain users since I switched to Tmobile from Verizon. The only work around I've found was to use Textra as my messaging app. My texts go thru fine with that app, but when I use the stock messaging app, I have issues.

I have opened multiple trouble tickets & tmobile all hasn't figured it out. FYI, I did not go from an iPhone to Android, have always had an android.

I'd try Textra & see if it helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC