Line of dead pixels?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
See the image. The thin black line in the Google search bar.

That black line does not show up in screenshots. It's not a scratch either. It wasn't there when I put the Zagg HD on, and nothing is stuck between the screen protector and display.

Anybody else have this issue? I'll be taking a trip back to T-Mobile for an exchange.

Note_7_black_line_crop.jpg

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

That black line does not show up in screenshots. It's not a scratch either. It wasn't there when I put the Zagg HD on, and nothing is stuck between the screen protector and display.

Anybody else have this issue? I'll be taking a trip back to T-Mobile for an exchange.

View attachment 237145

I can confirm its not on my sprint variant...I'm curious...it appears on a flat white background too right...It's so odd..my first inclling is that it was some new design element of the toolbar (it's flat, straight and parallel to the border). I'm just curious if it's an anomaly with the widget or the screen. That it doesn't appear in screenshots lead me to believe the latter, but I thought I'd ask!

GBP87

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

View attachment 237145

Can you try a Screen Test app from the Play Store? It displays a solid color and you can cycle through each color. It will be more evident there.

Will prove that it's not a software glitch with the widget, etc.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Can you try a Screen Test app from the Play Store? It displays a solid color and you can cycle through each color. It will be more evident there.

Will prove that it's not a software glitch with the widget, etc.

I've been advised that this line shows up on other apps, including the boot screens.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You better go and exchange that phone before it's too late.

I would peel the screen protector off first and see if that's the problem.

Yeah I did that on the phone with tech support.

Dead pixels. Had it on my s7 edge.

This is the first time I've this issue on any of my devices.

Good news is that they're exchanging the phone for me.

Bad news is that I have to wait a bit for it since I ordered it online.