10-30-2016 10:10 PM
113 ... 345
tools
    No worries but I was curious to see the actual new Note 7 image with its sharper & shorter edge versus my above attached image of an older edge which is shallower & longer. If you have time and can image post, that would be appreciated, if possible.
    It doesn't wrap as much as the one in your photo, but it looks identical in terms of what it shows. Mine has an alarm set so it also shows a little alarm icon, and I don't have any weather showing on mine. But it's the same deal. If it's on a nightstand, you won't see it quite as slanted from the side as the one in your photo due to the different curve, but if it's even slightly lower than your angle of view, you see it fine.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-27-2016 02:27 PM
    It doesn't wrap as much as the one in your photo, but it looks identical in terms of what it shows. Mine has an alarm set so it also shows a little alarm icon, and I don't have any weather showing on mine. But it's the same deal. If it's on a nightstand, you won't see it quite as slanted from the side as the one in your photo due to the different curve, but if it's even slightly lower than your angle of view, you see it fine.
    Thanks - that's a clear description. I guess one also has the aod larger clock on the main screen which could work as being visible if using a wireless charging pad in a stand. (I hear the non-fast chargers may be better)
    09-27-2016 02:34 PM
    Thanks - that's a clear description. I guess one also has the aod larger clock on the main screen which could work as being visible if using a wireless charging pad in a stand. (I hear the non-fast chargers may be better)
    Custom image on Always On Display?-1475026749247.jpgyou can't really see my phone because my flash wasn't working on my tablet. hopefully you can see it. Lol
    09-27-2016 08:39 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1475026749247.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	240845you can't really see my phone because my flash wasn't working on my tablet. hopefully you can see it. Lol
    Thanks - that's great.
    09-27-2016 11:25 PM
    Question about the AOD. Does anyone know how often the clock/image moves around (like once an hour, once an hour and a half, ect)? I noticed mine wasn't moving for quite some time so I woke it up, then hit the power button to activate the AOD and then put a piece of scotch tape on the screen along he bottom of the time numbers. 52 minutes went by when a scheduled alarm woke up the device but up until that point, the position of the displayed time never moved. I thought it was suppose to move around to avoid burn in on the screen.
    10-04-2016 06:32 PM
    Question about the AOD. Does anyone know how often the clock/image moves around (like once an hour, once an hour and a half, ect)? I noticed mine wasn't moving for quite some time so I woke it up, then hit the power button to activate the AOD and then put a piece of scotch tape on the screen along he bottom of the time numbers. 52 minutes went by when a scheduled alarm woke up the device but up until that point, the position of the displayed time never moved. I thought it was suppose to move around to avoid burn in on the screen.
    Mine only moves when I wake phone up and turn screen off again. I don't think it moves while the screen is off.
    10-04-2016 10:31 PM
    Mine only moves when I wake phone up and turn screen off again. I don't think it moves while the screen is off.
    Tested it twice after work, it moves once every hour (had to ignore notification sounds and not wake it up so I didn't have to start all over... not easy). I would think it would move more than that to help prevent burn in, especially if you have it on all the time instead if setting up display times. Anyways, just thought I'd share in case anyone was curious.
    Jewels81 likes this.
    10-04-2016 10:42 PM
    Tested it twice after work, it moves once every hour (had to ignore notification sounds and not wake it up so I didn't have to start all over... not easy). I would think it would move more than that to help prevent burn in, especially if you have it on all the time instead if setting up display times. Anyways, just thought I'd share in case anyone was curious.
    Oh really? Haha. Now if I'm going to have to test that out. I never leave it alone long enough to notice lol. Unless I'm at work and i turn it off when I sleep. Thanks. Guess I'll go play with my note 5 while I test it. Not saying you lying. Just want to see it for myself😊
    10-04-2016 10:48 PM
    Mine didn't move once lol. I wonder if it depend on what clock you have it on? Mine set on the 2nd option with the hour is big and minutes smaller.
    10-04-2016 11:56 PM
    Mine didn't move once lol. I wonder if it depend on what clock you have it on? Mine set on the 2nd option with the hour is big and minutes smaller.
    I chose the very last clock that you can select so that I can also add a custom image. During the day I guess it's not that big of a deal as I constantly get alerts so I have to wake my phone up and the position does change when it goes back to sleep. But at night when it's on the charger it will just sit there for an hour, I wouldn't think that would be good for it. I guess you can always set the start and stop time for the AOD to compensate for it.
    10-05-2016 02:05 PM
    In my options, I only have Version 1.3.14 and it said my phone is up-to-date. There is no updates for the phone in settings neither.
    Mine is the exact same way, too. It gives me no options to update. I am through Verizon.
    10-06-2016 10:09 AM
    Thank you!
    10-30-2016 09:13 AM
    My AOD
    Attached Thumbnails Custom image on Always On Display?-19016.jpg  
    10-30-2016 10:10 PM
113 ... 345