08-27-2016 10:38 PM
47 12
tools
    Yes. Going to see what happens with Nexus or unlocked moto z
    Hope the nexus doesn't look like the renders. Ugly, lol.
    SteelGator likes this.
    08-27-2016 05:27 AM
    Not trying to change the topic of the thread, but I feel Moto has a winner in the MXPE with a few more refinements. If they could somehow get a Samsung-like display, 3500mAh battery, upgraded processor, 4GB ram, 64GB on-board, and maintain the SD slot I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I always thought that my 5.1 inch S6 Active screen was big enough until I found the MXPE at 5.7. That's a good reason why I'm interested in a S7 Edge or Note 7. However, I'm worried about the curved display as it may not be durable enough.

Is it true the Moto Z is replacing the X? I'm not quite feeling the mods on the Z.
    Apparently the Z is replacing the MXPE. Bummer if true, since agreed all the MXPE needed was AMOLED, 820, bigger battery, Notification LED, better camera and Boom! Instant classic.

Moto seems off target with smaller display, bigger bezel, mono speaker, no 3.5mm jack and relying on mod attach rates.

Nice idea and good implementation of mods, but the loss of the 3.5 jack seems silly considering the tear downs show ample space for both the Z and Force to have one.

The MXPE sold well, but apparently the Z is not in comparison. Seems LeMoto needs the MXPE2.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:27 AM
    I turned active display off, since cut into my already meager 3.5 hours SOT. That took another 20 minutes. Active display on an LCD makes no battery sense, since turns the whole display on for a small amount display area that has info.

I do miss them stereo speakers though. MXPE is a great device, but gave mine to my son who loves it.
    You shouldn't be getting so little sot. You need to do a factory reset... I'm up to 5.5 to 6hrs of sot on average.
    08-27-2016 08:39 AM
    You shouldn't be getting so little sot. You need to do a factory reset... I'm up to 5.5 to 6hrs of sot on average.
    It is all relative to use My app use is probably more game and GPU heavy. Factor with more efficient GPU, bigger battery and AMOLED of the N7, it fits about what I would expect. I got 3.5 with the MXPE and 5 with the N7 in QHD display mode. Almost 6 hours in FHD mode.

Also depends on your signal strength for LTE, since weak signal areas drain a lot more battery (worse than display). This and other factors are why comparing to another person does not really correlate too well.
    08-27-2016 10:06 AM
    Apparently the Z is replacing the MXPE. Bummer if true, since agreed all the MXPE needed was AMOLED, 820, bigger battery, Notification LED, better camera and Boom! Instant classic.

Moto seems off target with smaller display, bigger bezel, mono speaker, no 3.5mm jack and relying on mod attach rates.

Nice idea and good implementation of mods, but the loss of the 3.5 jack seems silly considering the tear downs show ample space for both the Z and Force to have one.

The MXPE sold well, but apparently the Z is not in comparison. Seems LeMoto needs the MXPE2.
    Better low light camera a notification light would've been nice, but amoled would've allowed for the moto active notifications as well.
    08-27-2016 02:36 PM
    Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
    the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

Actually writing on the MXPE now..
    U can achieve some of moto features on any android phone but not exactly the same as moto. Moto has its special identity because of those features
    08-27-2016 06:05 PM
    Another thing, the sound profile/driver in the Moto is better through a cable into my radio too. In my car, I like to keep volume around 40. But with the Note 7, had to get it closed to 60.
    08-27-2016 06:06 PM
    I still have my MXPE, although it's on RingPlus. It flies compared to this phone in snappiness. Same apps
    08-27-2016 06:14 PM
    The note has something similar. You can set it so when you wave your hand over it the display turns on.
    Where is this setting?
    08-27-2016 06:15 PM
    I miss my MXPE too...I'll go as far as to say, even the display, is a VERY CLOSE to samsung. Nice saturation and brightness....really impressive for a $3/400 phone...it's a trade off with some of the features, but this phone has some very annoying bugs and is fairly slow to load apps..
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 06:28 PM
    I miss my MXPE too...I'll go as far as to say, even the display, is a VERY CLOSE to samsung. Nice saturation and brightness....really impressive for a $3/400 phone...it's a trade off with some of the features, but this phone has some very annoying bugs and is fairly slow to load apps..
    "This phone" - which one? Lol. Note 7?
    08-27-2016 06:29 PM
    Not trying to change the topic of the thread, but I feel Moto has a winner in the MXPE with a few more refinements. If they could somehow get a Samsung-like display, 3500mAh battery, upgraded processor, 4GB ram, 64GB on-board, and maintain the SD slot I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I always thought that my 5.1 inch S6 Active screen was big enough until I found the MXPE at 5.7. That's a good reason why I'm interested in a S7 Edge or Note 7. However, I'm worried about the curved display as it may not be durable enough.

Is it true the Moto Z is replacing the X? I'm not quite feeling the mods on the Z.
    I went from Moto X to Moto Z. Oh how I missed AMOLED.

But yeah, continually refining after three generations of the same thing gets boring. That's probably why Phil didn't care for the third gen Moto X.
    08-27-2016 06:34 PM
    Yes. Going to see what happens with Nexus or unlocked moto z
    Unlocked Moto Z will be the same as the Moto Z DROID Edition. It'll suck with the small battery and practically the same camera from the Nexus 6 (uh 2014) and Moto G (third gen).
    08-27-2016 06:38 PM
    Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
    the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

Actually writing on the MXPE now..
    Photos not high on your list of requirements? If I went Note 7 instead of Moto Z, I can't see myself going back to the third gen Moto X.
    08-27-2016 06:39 PM
    I'll take AMOLED over LCD any day.
    08-27-2016 06:40 PM
    I used to think that too years ago, but now the LCD screens are just as nice, or close enough anyways. Not like back in the day it was a HUGE difference.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:38 PM
    I'll take AMOLED over LCD any day.
    The MXPE has a darn nice LCD even the 2nd gen moto 360 is almost like OLED
    Agreed
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 08:02 PM
    Personally I'd be afraid to go to the MXPE, given the problem with lagginess that DIGITAL TRENDS found, as well as the speaker distortion and screen flickering.
    http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/...le-problems/2/
    And I've had none of those issues, lol. Almost 9 months or so in.
    08-27-2016 08:46 PM
    I've had the MXPE since it first shipped. Very nice screen, very nice form factor and speakers. But the CPU/GPU has issues. Memory management is poor at times. The screen is a Huge battery hog. The Z Force solves several of those issues. (I have it), but its form factor is not as nice. The Force also has a much better camera than the MXPE. I'm not a Samsung fan but I think the Force and N7 are both very nice devices with different strengths.
    Ry likes this.
    08-27-2016 08:58 PM
    The MXPE has a darn nice LCD even the 2nd gen moto 360 is almost like OLED
    I'll take the Moto Z's AMOLED over the Moto Z's LCD any day.
    08-27-2016 09:25 PM
    I'll take the Moto Z's AMOLED over the Moto Z's LCD any day.
    I would too. But it's not really that bad for an LCD
    08-27-2016 09:28 PM
    you can wave your hand over the N7 screen to wake it up also...i'm just sayin
    08-27-2016 10:38 PM
47 12