Seriously thinking about..going back to mxpe

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Seriously thinking about..

Not trying to change the topic of the thread, but I feel Moto has a winner in the MXPE with a few more refinements. If they could somehow get a Samsung-like display, 3500mAh battery, upgraded processor, 4GB ram, 64GB on-board, and maintain the SD slot I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I always thought that my 5.1 inch S6 Active screen was big enough until I found the MXPE at 5.7. That's a good reason why I'm interested in a S7 Edge or Note 7. However, I'm worried about the curved display as it may not be durable enough.

Is it true the Moto Z is replacing the X? I'm not quite feeling the mods on the Z.

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

Is the Note 7 daydream compatible?

Samsung hasn't officially said, but it doesn't look like it. The S8 is rumored to be code named "project dream" for daydream, so it's likely they will wait for a new phone release to make a big fuss about daydream. Really, Gear VR will probably be way better for the next year or two. It's just that Daydream seems to have set the specs threshold very high.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site

Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

Actually writing on the MXPE now..

I did. Couldn't handle the lag at that price

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Not trying to change the topic of the thread, but I feel Moto has a winner in the MXPE with a few more refinements. If they could somehow get a Samsung-like display, 3500mAh battery, upgraded processor, 4GB ram, 64GB on-board, and maintain the SD slot I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I always thought that my 5.1 inch S6 Active screen was big enough until I found the MXPE at 5.7. That's a good reason why I'm interested in a S7 Edge or Note 7. However, I'm worried about the curved display as it may not be durable enough.

Is it true the Moto Z is replacing the X? I'm not quite feeling the mods on the Z.

Apparently the Z is replacing the MXPE. Bummer if true, since agreed all the MXPE needed was AMOLED, 820, bigger battery, Notification LED, better camera and Boom! Instant classic.

Moto seems off target with smaller display, bigger bezel, mono speaker, no 3.5mm jack and relying on mod attach rates.

Nice idea and good implementation of mods, but the loss of the 3.5 jack seems silly considering the tear downs show ample space for both the Z and Force to have one.

The MXPE sold well, but apparently the Z is not in comparison. Seems LeMoto needs the MXPE2.

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site

I turned active display off, since cut into my already meager 3.5 hours SOT. That took another 20 minutes. Active display on an LCD makes no battery sense, since turns the whole display on for a small amount display area that has info.

I do miss them stereo speakers though. MXPE is a great device, but gave mine to my son who loves it.

You shouldn't be getting so little sot. You need to do a factory reset... I'm up to 5.5 to 6hrs of sot on average.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

You shouldn't be getting so little sot. You need to do a factory reset... I'm up to 5.5 to 6hrs of sot on average.

It is all relative to use ;) My app use is probably more game and GPU heavy. Factor with more efficient GPU, bigger battery and AMOLED of the N7, it fits about what I would expect. I got 3.5 with the MXPE and 5 with the N7 in QHD display mode. Almost 6 hours in FHD mode.

Also depends on your signal strength for LTE, since weak signal areas drain a lot more battery (worse than display). This and other factors are why comparing to another person does not really correlate too well.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Apparently the Z is replacing the MXPE. Bummer if true, since agreed all the MXPE needed was AMOLED, 820, bigger battery, Notification LED, better camera and Boom! Instant classic.

Moto seems off target with smaller display, bigger bezel, mono speaker, no 3.5mm jack and relying on mod attach rates.

Nice idea and good implementation of mods, but the loss of the 3.5 jack seems silly considering the tear downs show ample space for both the Z and Force to have one.

The MXPE sold well, but apparently the Z is not in comparison. Seems LeMoto needs the MXPE2.

Better low light camera a notification light would've been nice, but amoled would've allowed for the moto active notifications as well.

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

U can achieve some of moto features on any android phone but not exactly the same as moto. Moto has its special identity because of those features

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Another thing, the sound profile/driver in the Moto is better through a cable into my radio too. In my car, I like to keep volume around 40. But with the Note 7, had to get it closed to 60.

accordex#AC

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I miss my MXPE too...I'll go as far as to say, even the display, is a VERY CLOSE to samsung. Nice saturation and brightness....really impressive for a $3/400 phone...it's a trade off with some of the features, but this phone has some very annoying bugs and is fairly slow to load apps..

jordans0nly

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I miss my MXPE too...I'll go as far as to say, even the display, is a VERY CLOSE to samsung. Nice saturation and brightness....really impressive for a $3/400 phone...it's a trade off with some of the features, but this phone has some very annoying bugs and is fairly slow to load apps..
"This phone" - which one? Lol. Note 7?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I went from Moto X to Moto Z. Oh how I missed AMOLED.

But yeah, continually refining after three generations of the same thing gets boring. That's probably why Phil didn't care for the third gen Moto X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes. Going to see what happens with Nexus or unlocked moto z

Unlocked Moto Z will be the same as the Moto Z DROID Edition. It'll suck with the small battery and practically the same camera from the Nexus 6 (uh 2014) and Moto G (third gen).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Photos not high on your list of requirements? If I went Note 7 instead of Moto Z, I can't see myself going back to the third gen Moto X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I'll take AMOLED over LCD any day.