08-27-2016 10:38 PM
47 12
tools
    Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
    the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

Actually writing on the MXPE now..
    08-25-2016 09:52 PM
    What's active display?
    08-25-2016 09:55 PM
    08-25-2016 09:57 PM
    It's funny once I upgrade, I don't see myself going back. Okay, once with the hTc One M7.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:24 PM
    I love the Motorola active display but no way I'm going back to old Moto X.. may be will buy the Moto Z as well when it releases next month after the stupid Verizon exclusive ends.
    08-25-2016 10:45 PM
    Going back to my Moto X Pure Edition. Miss the Active Display and stereo speakers. Sure,
    the Note is a nice phone, but the few things I've started to enjoy in a phone, aren't there. We'll see.

While my S6 Active is away for repair, I am realizing how much I like the MXPE. Its just practical for me. Active display, large screen, durable, and cheap. I don't care about having a case because the prices keep dropping. Might get my wife one.
    jordans0nly and RobertP1 like this.
    08-25-2016 10:50 PM
    Active display is a incredible feature exclusive to Moto but it's disappointing that they aren't listed as a Google Daydream partner; less so because they may not get daydream and more because it doesn't guarantee they'll be part of the specs race along with Sammy and the other VR pioneers.
    08-25-2016 10:54 PM
    Active display is a incredible feature exclusive to Moto but it's disappointing that they aren't listed as a Google Daydream partner; less so because they may not get daydream and more because it doesn't guarantee they'll be part of the specs race along with Sammy and the other VR pioneers.
    Is the Note 7 daydream compatible?
    08-25-2016 11:00 PM
    If the MXPE battery life had held up, it would still be my daily driver. I got the Z Force. But use what you like and like what you use.
    08-25-2016 11:01 PM
    The note has something similar. You can set it so when you wave your hand over it the display turns on.
    jordans0nly and jakebake like this.
    08-25-2016 11:05 PM
    Might look at it.
    sweeperdk likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:09 PM
    If the MXPE battery life had held up, it would still be my daily driver. I got the Z Force. But use what you like and like what you use.
    What do you like/not like about the Z other than the MXPE?
    Law2138 likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:10 PM
    I love the Motorola active display but no way I'm going back to old Moto X.. may be will buy the Moto Z as well when it releases next month after the stupid Verizon exclusive ends.
    I turned active display off, since cut into my already meager 3.5 hours SOT. That took another 20 minutes. Active display on an LCD makes no battery sense, since turns the whole display on for a small amount display area that has info.

I do miss them stereo speakers though. MXPE is a great device, but gave mine to my son who loves it.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-25-2016 11:20 PM
    I miss active display, too. And I miss the speakers. At least this phone is running smoother, has a better screen, and better battery life. It makes the trade off easier. Haha
    08-25-2016 11:21 PM
    Yeah, Note 7 has a similar setting, if I'm understanding it correctly. I hated it, since it was always turning on on me when I didn't need it to.

Settings > Accessibility > Dexterity and interaction > Easy screen turn on

... move your hand above the sensor, the screen will turn back on.
    08-25-2016 11:23 PM
    What do you like/not like about the Z other than the MXPE?
    MXPE has a better form factor and better speakers. Otherwise, the Z Force is superior: performance, battery, screen, camera, mods. I'm not a Samsung fan so I didn't seriously consider the Note 7, but I can see why a lot of people would like it.
    08-25-2016 11:29 PM
    I'm another one coming from the MXPE. Moto display is definitely better than always on display and the speaker comparison isn't even close. Those are the only 2 things I miss, though. Well, that and driving mode to read my texts and allow me to respond by voice. I like everything else about the Note better and won't be going back to the Moto.
    08-25-2016 11:39 PM
    I might also consider the Moto Z. Didn't like the Force.
    08-26-2016 12:08 AM
    If you really enjoy those I say go for it. I mainly use speaker for speakerphone -- other than that I use bluetooth so I can live with the speaker.
    08-26-2016 12:49 AM
    I'll give you the speakers. The speaker on the note 7 is terrible. I'm okay with it since that has a lot to do with the water resistance/savior pen.
    I don't really miss the active display that much partially because a million-ish notifications. I'm not the biggest fan on the always on display on my note 7 but at least it works better then the Nexus 6 active display.

Not to mention the edge display when fun is off is kind of nice at night it feels like a clock almost. I miss the drive mode more when it worked on the Moto x pure it worked flawless. Haven't tried s-voice yet.

It's kind of funny because I shattered my display on mxp to kingdom come and payed $150 to get it fixed. Should have reanimated Nexus 6 instead. Speaker bump came off and one is wobbly repair guy said they don't ever go back on the same way. I was okay with that like you say, active display, Moto voice, and speakers are amazing.

Then Moto announced Moto z will be updated on a whim or major release/whim basically. Not coming to any carrier but Verizon initially. Only gsm instead of all carriers like Moto x pure and Moto g4. Mxp got may security update in July. Not even 6.0.1. That's okay. Had my 64 adoptable storage micro SD card in (bought 16 GB big mistake) and it ran smooth and fast and all apps worked. Then micro SD card failed, apps crash, system process goes haywire and multiple resets. Micro SD card is done for and all the data is gone. I realize I took the risk doing adoptable storage. Although some research online showed it mostly happens to Moto phones. That was it.

Note 7 just came out and i got to help a friend with his s7 active and use and help family member with their s7. Realized Samsung is actually doing security updates and let's you uninstall most of the bloat (but att direct TV though...) and realized Samsung isn't the same company and software from the horrid epic touch 4g era. Immediately picked up a note 7 black one after work last Tuesday.

I've been in love, surgically attached, savior pen for life since. Had no idea how nicely Google and Samsung get along now. Was amazed that Google, Samsung apps/ T-Mobile were separated. Turned off awful briefing. Actually using a lot of the Samsung apps too. Like Samsung browser better than chrome great support for stylus and using edge display a bit too. First note ever new I'd love the stylus and I was right. Love screen writing stuff to send to friends/help them too and gifs are fun too.

It feels like a good balance of both Google and Samsung i don't know if I'll keep using grace ux or go back to Google now launcher. Activiting Google on tap to get to Google now feed isn't that bad. Camera is beyond amazing too I had no problem with the Moto x but after using the s7/active and at night. Made me feel sad to use my Moto X.

I actually was considering the axon 7 (killer phone) or even the Moto g4. I don't know why I've been caring about security updates more than os updates but I have and as long as samsung delivers I don't mind waiting on nougat. Still have my Nexus 6 cracked display too. Little side note it seems since the merger even the Moto x pure moto hasn't really added anything new to the software since really the Moto x (2014). Except for new camera features but only for 2016 devices.
    Law2138 likes this.
    08-26-2016 01:38 AM
    Not trying to change the topic of the thread, but I feel Moto has a winner in the MXPE with a few more refinements. If they could somehow get a Samsung-like display, 3500mAh battery, upgraded processor, 4GB ram, 64GB on-board, and maintain the SD slot I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. I always thought that my 5.1 inch S6 Active screen was big enough until I found the MXPE at 5.7. That's a good reason why I'm interested in a S7 Edge or Note 7. However, I'm worried about the curved display as it may not be durable enough.

Is it true the Moto Z is replacing the X? I'm not quite feeling the mods on the Z.
    08-26-2016 10:23 PM
    Is the Note 7 daydream compatible?
    Samsung hasn't officially said, but it doesn't look like it. The S8 is rumored to be code named "project dream" for daydream, so it's likely they will wait for a new phone release to make a big fuss about daydream. Really, Gear VR will probably be way better for the next year or two. It's just that Daydream seems to have set the specs threshold very high.
    bhatech likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:07 AM

I did. Couldn't handle the lag at that price
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 12:21 AM
    I did. Couldn't handle the lag at that price
    Back on the MXPE? Do I need a new phone? Nah. But was looking at the S7 Edge Plus too. Do love that Samsung Pay, or the Droid Z.
    08-27-2016 12:29 AM
    Back on the MXPE? Do I need a new phone? Nah. But was looking at the S7 Edge Plus too. Do love that Samsung Pay, or the Droid Z.
    Yes. Going to see what happens with Nexus or unlocked moto z
    08-27-2016 01:24 AM
47 12