Lag in the gallery

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I use the gallery to view, delete, or crop images I experience serious lag. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I use the gallery to view, delete, or crop images I experience serious lag. Is anyone else having this issue or know of a solution?
Can you quantify "serious lag"?

When I use the gallery, it sometimes takes a second or two for the thumbnails to initially populate. After that, though, I can scroll through them smoothly. Any photo I select opens with no perceptible delay, and I can swipe to the next photo with no delay either. That's with just 250 photos so far, and no microSD card.

bmitchell1876

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Can you quantify "serious lag"?

When I use the gallery, it sometimes takes a second or two for the thumbnails to initially populate. After that, though, I can scroll through them smoothly. Any photo I select opens with no perceptible delay, and I can swipe to the next photo with no delay either. That's with just 250 photos so far, and no microSD card.

Just to support Gary i have over 3000 photos on sd card and about 200 on internal memory... After the initial 1 - 2 second lag top open gallery it runs super smooth after that...

I do notice that after you delete a photo it takes a second before you can swipe again

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
When I say serious lag i mean like when deleting a pic I have waited maybe 10 to 15 seconds, and when moving a image about the same time. It was the same in my original note 7 so I'm thinking there has to be something slowing it down.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned photos are on both internal storage and the SD card--but are you seeing the lag on both? In other words, have you been actively deleting or editing photos that were saved to Internal Storage, or is it possible you've only noticed it when manipulating photos that were saved to the SD card?

colin711

Aug 28, 2016
Visit site
crazy lag for Gallery - pictures take forever to load and constantly freezes. Tried factory reset and no smart switch but it's the same. Still lags like crazy. any ideas?

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
crazy lag for Gallery - pictures take forever to load and constantly freezes. Tried factory reset and no smart switch but it's the same. Still lags like crazy. any ideas?

When I first set up the phone I used smart switch for text messages and call log. I also brought over photos by just swapping SD card from my last phone.

I was having terrible lag in a number of apps, but especially the Gallery. The Gallery was unusable. What seems to have fix the problem for me was:

1. Factory reset
2. Set up every from scratch (i.e., without using smart switch)
3. Backing up the pictures on the SD on my computer, formatting the SD card in the Note 7 and then loading the pictures back on to the SD card.

That seems to have solved all my lag problems.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I first set up the phone I used smart switch for text messages and call log. I also brought over photos by just swapping SD card from my last phone.

I was having terrible lag in a number of apps, but especially the Gallery. The Gallery was unusable. What seems to have fix the problem for me was:

1. Factory reset
2. Set up every from scratch (i.e., without using smart switch)
3. Backing up the pictures on the SD on my computer, formatting the SD card in the Note 7 and then loading the pictures back on to the SD card.

That seems to have solved all my lag problems.

One of our Ambassadaors, Kelly Kearns, has been suggesting this as well elsewhere, with some success. It's possible that transferring information from an old phone to the Note7 using Smart Switch is somehow contributing to this lag, and a factory reset seems to help.

brothamoveson

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset and installed everything without smartswitch or any other backups. Initially I was having the same issue but now the lag is slowly dissipating. Seems to get better each day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX