08-27-2016 09:04 PM
85 1234
tools
    Yes, we can add a "hopefully resolved?" or something lol - but let us know how things go.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-26-2016 05:47 PM
    I wanted to love this phone so much, but it's just not a good phone. I previously owned the note 2 and then the note 4, both were great phones and when I got the note 4 it felt like a great upgraded model from the note 2. This note 7 feels like a downgrade from my 2 year old note 4! This note 7 is slow, crashes all the time, and is a pain to use. Web pages load very slow and scrolling up and down in a webpage looks terrible, the text is jittery and is not smooth at all. When i take out the spen and do smart select and select an image it constantly crashes. I feel I've been ripped off and I think I need to look into returning it to att. Hopefully I don't get charged a bunch of restocking fees. I don't know, maybe I received a bad one. Maybe att bloat ware ruined this phone?
    I was actually going to mention in my 1st post that it is my initial post because I'm sure it looks fishy. I'm not a troll or a hater. Just telling my experience with this phone for 7 days. This morning my N7 would not let me take a screenshot because it said I was out of memory. I checked storage and it said I had like 14mb free. I was like wth. I rebooted the phone and magically I had 40 gb free and now the phone seems much much better! I think I'm going to stick with the N7 for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best.
    From what you described, it seems that you definitely have a defective unit? How could the Note 7 even survive any review out there if it is performing like what you mentioned by default?
    08-26-2016 06:13 PM
    Ya know... (mine is running fine) I never even gave that a thought. Who knows what kind of junk could have been caused by a "Full Restore" from a Note 4 or Note 5 that had "Who knows what" on it?
    This.

My S7e absolutely hates a restore using old data. I have no idea why because it runs the same exact apps with the same exact settings as my S6 did. It just does.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2016 06:16 PM
    I was actually going to mention in my 1st post that it is my initial post because I'm sure it looks fishy. I'm not a troll or a hater. Just telling my experience with this phone for 7 days. This morning my N7 would not let me take a screenshot because it said I was out of memory. I checked storage and it said I had like 14mb free. I was like wth. I rebooted the phone and magically I had 40 gb free and now the phone seems much much better! I think I'm going to stick with the N7 for another week and see how it goes. I'm hoping for the best.
    Have you seen Kelly's thread? Have you done and FDR and set it up as a new phone? This seems to have worked for a number of folks that have tried it. I you have any more hiccups, that would be my first recommendation. If that does not work, you need to get on with Samsung+ and see what they can do for you.

This is an amazing device, I hope you get to experience it the way it is supposed to run.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2016 06:17 PM
    If it happens again, ignore the amount of RAM free and check the CPU clock speeds and active time (if you feel like troubleshooting, for your own sake and the community at large).

Using most of the ram isn't a problem itself, but it often indicates that you'll have an app or apps hitting the CPU too often and too hard. Android can and will become CPU-bound because of the way it allows background processes.

If that's the case, maybe we can pinpoint one of those rouge apps we keep hearing about. And if an app has issues on the Note 7, there's a very good chance the developers will be quick to fix it if they get reports of problems.
    08-26-2016 06:23 PM
    This.

My S7e absolutely hates a restore using old data. I have no idea why because it runs the same exact apps with the same exact settings as my S6 did. It just does.
    Did you try hitting it with a stick to see if that fixed it? .
    08-26-2016 06:36 PM
    Have you seen Kelly's thread? Have you done and FDR and set it up as a new phone? This seems to have worked for a number of folks that have tried it. I you have any more hiccups, that would be my first recommendation. If that does not work, you need to get on with Samsung+ and see what they can do for you.

This is an amazing device, I hope you get to experience it the way it is supposed to run.
    But the trick is doing a set up as new also after the restore. That seems to be working.
    08-26-2016 06:50 PM
    I must eat some crow and recall a similar issue when testing games and adjusting the display res from QHD to FHD, back and forth. My device freaked out and went funky with slow response, but went back to normal after normal reboot. Point being, it can happen.

If you used Smart Switch, that can do more bad than good IMO.
    08-26-2016 06:51 PM
    You ask that about a phone that gets scratched when a cat looks at it? A stick? You'd break every Note 7 within a mile by swinging a stick at it. Of course, in Jerry's neck of the woods he probably has the only phone within a mile.... so maybe ok?
    08-26-2016 06:57 PM
    honestly, I would factory reset it and manually load your accounts. I did this when I transitioned from my Note 4 and the 7 is running perfectly.
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2016 06:59 PM
    I've never owned any of the Note series phones before, but close friends have used them and as far as I know, they've had good experiences. One in particular got the Note 5 or 4, I believe; and I think he's still using it now. Of course, the phone you got could have some hardware/software issues; and it's true that carrier bloatware can sometimes eat up device performance. I'm sorry you're not enjoying it! I'd for sure return it to ATT and hopefully they will compensate you with another device or another Note 7 - whichever you prefer. Let us know what happens!
    Aquila likes this.
    08-26-2016 10:01 PM
    You ask that about a phone that gets scratched when a cat looks at it? A stick? You'd break every Note 7 within a mile by swinging a stick at it. Of course, in Jerry's neck of the woods he probably has the only phone within a mile.... so maybe ok?
    I'll take that SOB out to the barn and beat the hell from it if it would mean I didn't have to set it up as new every time I have to wipe it for something I'm doing on the blog.

Old data mixed with new data copied and rewritten over and over to an entirely different device with entirely different hardware. I'm amazed it works for anyone.
    Almeuit, shaleem and SteelGator like this.
    08-27-2016 01:36 AM
    I'll take that SOB out to the barn and beat the hell from it if it would mean I didn't have to set it up as new every time I have to wipe it for something I'm doing on the blog.

Old data mixed with new data copied and rewritten over and over to an entirely different device with entirely different hardware. I'm amazed it works for anyone.
    I set mine up as new and just let it re-download all the apps that google had backed up. I just logged into all my apps again once it got done.
    08-27-2016 01:44 AM
    I set mine up as new and just let it re-download all the apps that google had backed up. I just logged into all my apps again once it got done.
    Google Apps policy. feelsbadman,jpg
    08-27-2016 02:02 AM
    I had my note7 for about a week I ended up returning it and got a note 5 this phone runs better in my opinion and meets my needs I'm sure everybody on here has their own opinions about the different phones.
    I always buy in places like Costco/Sam's club to avoid restocking fees and they also throw in some nice goodies like extended battery pack, cash cards etc.
    amyf27, SteelGator and libra89 like this.
    08-27-2016 10:37 AM
    Was having issues too. Phone was lagging and stuttering even just reading fb or tapatalk. I had used smart switch when I got the phone, so I took everyone's advice and did a full reset and reinstalled everything manually, now, knock on wood, I'm seeing an improvement I'll see how it is over the next few days. I must say, the battery is an improvement over my N5
    08-27-2016 12:16 PM
    Was having issues too. Phone was lagging and stuttering even just reading fb or tapatalk. I had used smart switch when I got the phone, so I took everyone's advice and did a full reset and reinstalled everything manually, now, knock on wood, I'm seeing an improvement I'll see how it is over the next few days. I must say, the battery is an improvement over my N5
    That really seems to be causing issues. The one time I used Smart Switch was with my Note 5 last week and I ended up with the media server battery drain, horrible drain, 5 hours was the most I could get out of a brand new Note 5 battery. I reset and set up as new and it is fine now.
    msndrstood and cynth.hgn like this.
    08-27-2016 12:51 PM
    I think this phone is awesome. Better than my Note 5 in every way
    08-27-2016 12:56 PM
    What carrier are you on I've noticed my friends note 7 on T-Mobile Works smoother than mine and I'm on Verizon
    08-27-2016 01:01 PM
    That really seems to be causing issues. The one time I used Smart Switch was with my Note 5 last week and I ended up with the media server battery drain, horrible drain, 5 hours was the most I could get out of a brand new Note 5 battery. I reset and set up as new and it is fine now.
    It actually makes perfect sense too, as I had that this very issue when setting up my S6 plus a year ago. I had to do a complete reboot, and even then my phone was slow for awhile after.

Smart Switch is very convenient, but only seems to work well if your not bringing a ton of stuff over.
    08-27-2016 01:12 PM
    It actually makes perfect sense too, as I had that this very issue when setting up my S6 plus a year ago. I had to do a complete reboot, and even then my phone was slow for awhile after.

Smart Switch is very convenient, but only seems to work well if your not bringing a ton of stuff over.
    I think the settings might be the issue where Smart Switch is concerned.
    08-27-2016 01:14 PM
    I've never done a full restore on any of my phones and I haven't used Smart Switch. I set them up from scratch and download the apps I want to keep one by one. Painstaking but worth it in my opinion for a fresh start on every new phone. I've never had the issues others have had, but I will say the battery on my Note 5 was horrible. 2.5 hours SoT was miserable. Everything else was fine except for the battery life, I even FDR twice without improvement.

One thing I have done differently with the Note 7 is when it is done charging, I unplug it immediately. I don't know definitely if that improves the battery life but I get 6 hours easy SoT with the N7 and couldn't be happier. ๐Ÿ˜Š

My 2 cents.
    cynth.hgn, SteelGator and Aquila like this.
    08-27-2016 01:18 PM
    I've never done a full restore on any of my phones and I haven't used Smart Switch. I set them up from scratch and download the apps I want to keep one by one. Painstaking but worth it in my opinion for a fresh start on every new phone. I've never had the issues others have had, but I will say the battery on my Note 5 was horrible. 2.5 hours SoT was miserable. Everything else was fine except for the battery life, I even FDR twice without improvement.

One thing I have done differently with the Note 7 is when it is done charging, I unplug it immediately. I don't know definitely if that improves the battery life but I get 6 hours easy SoT with the N7 and couldn't be happier. ๐Ÿ˜Š

My 2 cents.
    Same for me. It is odd the one time I used Smart Switch that I had a major problem.
    cynth.hgn and msndrstood like this.
    08-27-2016 01:21 PM
    So..best thing is to setup the phone as new and manually install everything again and tweak settings. I use Easy Backup so my files will be carried over after installing the app again. Got it.

I'm picking up my Blue Coral order from AT&T next week .
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-27-2016 01:26 PM
    Hey check out this widget:

It's a stock widget, and when you tap it it shuts down unused apps and clears memory. I tap it a few times a day (that's what she said) and mine has been running super smooth.
    08-27-2016 01:28 PM
85 1234