Are you freaking kidding me?

I noticed an extra page of apps this morning and was surprised to find that a bunch of apps had installed seemingly by themselves. Mobile Strike, Empire, Viator, eBay, go90…

That is insane. Can you opt out of having apps you don’t choose installed on your phone?

I guess this was bull? https://9to5google.com/2016/05/09/ve...-s7-statement/

Anyone else notice this?
    08-26-2016 09:10 AM
    inb4mediahatesverizon
    bhatech likes this.
    08-26-2016 09:23 AM
    You need to disable DT ignite in the system app settings.
    08-26-2016 09:25 AM
    So I just did - though I'm hesitant because I'm not sure what is/isn't actually necessary for some things, e.g. Oculus updates for Gear VR and so on. DT Ignite will only affect the auto installation of apps from Verizon? Is that accurate?

Regardless... the fact that this is a thing is revolting. I'm savvy enough to post here and to know how to disable the app. But what about the users who aren't? It's just so crappy.
    08-26-2016 09:37 AM
    You need to disable DT ignite in the system app settings.
    i do not have dt ignite, but my phone is also installing new apps by itself. any other suggestions?
    08-26-2016 10:55 AM
    i do not have dt ignite, but my phone is also installing new apps by itself. any other suggestions?
    Disable auto update directly from Galaxy apps by tapping "more" and then "settings". Do the same for the Google play Store.
    08-26-2016 11:05 AM
    Disable auto update directly from Galaxy apps by tapping "more" and then "settings". Do the same for the Google play Store.
    Wait so do Play Store and Galaxy App Store install new applications by themselves and not just update existing ones?
    08-26-2016 12:49 PM
    Wait so do Play Store and Galaxy App Store install new applications by themselves and not just update existing ones?
    Not Google Play. However, Galaxy Apps will enable and update various apps unless you say differently
    08-26-2016 12:55 PM

I noticed an extra page of apps this morning and was surprised to find that a bunch of apps had installed seemingly by themselves. Mobile Strike, Empire, Viator, eBay, go90…

That is insane. Can you opt out of having apps you don’t choose installed on your phone?

Anyone else notice this?
    You can't opt out, however, don't log into your Google account when you setup the phone, disable dt ignite in the app manager, and the apps shouldn't install.

Verizon wants to install bloat on as many devices as possible since they get $1-2 per app per device install.
    08-26-2016 01:16 PM

Anyone else notice this?
    I believe those particular apps were installed by Samsung as a "gift" for buying the Note 7. They did the same thing with my Note 5. I simply uninstalled them and I have not seen them re-installed. I didn't block any programs including DT Ignite. My experience is that after several reboots over the past few days they have not re-appeared......yet!
    08-26-2016 01:31 PM