Another response to negative reviews..

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And no, not a Samsung user fan.

"The Galaxy Note 7 is this year’s best new phone, edging out Samsung’s own S7 Edge, and easily the most talked-about new device of the summer. But with great fame comes great scrutiny, and this week has seen the Note 7 subjected to allegations of having "embarrassing real-world performance." Well, I’ve been using the Note 7, out here in real-world Europe, as my main phone for 10 glorious days now, and I’m here to tell you that the benchmarks lie. This phone doesn’t have a performance problem."

Stop fretting about the Note 7’s performance | The Verge

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Amen! Personal experience should always trump YouTube reviews.

Yes they should because no one uses their phone the same.

I never pay attention to reviews, but I buy Samsung, I know what to expect. Even when testing one in the store, I keep in mind they are in retail mode and that makes a huge difference.

If someone gets better battery life than me but my battery life is fine.. I might be a little jealous, but I'm not on a quest to match their battery life.

People don't need to compare their device to someone else, but figure out what works for them. If it works for them and is below someone else? Does that matter? For me, it doesn't.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
And no, not a Samsung user fan.

"The Galaxy Note 7 is this year’s best new phone, edging out Samsung’s own S7 Edge, and easily the most talked-about new device of the summer. But with great fame comes great scrutiny, and this week has seen the Note 7 subjected to allegations of having "embarrassing real-world performance." Well, I’ve been using the Note 7, out here in real-world Europe, as my main phone for 10 glorious days now, and I’m here to tell you that the benchmarks lie. This phone doesn’t have a performance problem."

Stop fretting about the Note 7’s performance | The Verge

This is essentially what I, and many others, have been saying the past few days. Glad that Vlad used his wider reach to educate those that are crying over all this. I came from a Nexus 6P and have noticed no discernible difference between the two. In fact, if I wanted to nitpick, I'd say the Note 7 is faster because it doesn't have any issues with image processing. Hopefully, as more people try out the idea of setting their phone up as a new device after a factory reset, the issues will subside completely and everyone can enjoy the beast of a device that I've been enjoying.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I can also relate.

Yes, my Note does get slow at times, but the truth is, a lot of phones also get slow at times too.

This is not specific to the Note. This happens with a lot of phones.

If yours is slow, do an FDR and set it up as a new device. So far, it seems to have helped.

Of course, there's still some issues Samsung should probably sort out, which I'm sure they will, especially since they are bringing back Action Memos next month.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
And it is always better when things like this come from someone that isn't a Samsung fan.

I have been Samsung exclusive for years. I did buy a Nexus 5 over a year ago to get the Pure Android experience, not my thing. I will never be seen as unbiased even though I don't ignore issues I encounter and was ready to walk away with Samsung because I was upset with them.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
The funny thing is, some of these same people criticized Samsung for relying on and bragging about stats. "It's about real world use" they would chant.

And now we're supposed to honor them now that they're being used against Samsung?

When did Android Fandom get so political?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I use all phones, including the iPhone. I prefer the Nexus line, but I use everything. This is easily one of the best phones I've ever used. I was expecting it to be a touch behind my Nexus 6P, but with a better camera/display. Turns out it has better battery life, equal to superior performance (I'm not concerned with how the animations make the Note 7 appear less fluid---you can alter that), and I'm actually using the S Pen for the first time consistently. And man, I can't say this enough; the build quality/in-hand feel of this phone is just off the charts.

So while I plan on being the new Nexus phone, it may not be my daily driver because the Note 7 is just that good.

pmr5019

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Amen, anyone who says this phone has performance issue must have a rogue app or defective unit. This thing performs just fine, with touchwiz and all the features it provides it will never be the fastest phone out there but its not slow by any means. This is coming from a strictly nexus/moto user up until now. First Note and second Samsung phone, first was the Galaxy Nexus.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly, I've only done 3 benchmarks on my Note. 1x Geekbench, 2x Antutu.

I uninstalled them afterwards. Don't really care about the scores, especially since an Antutu score of 135k is meaningless if the real-world performance is a train-wreck, which, thankfully, doesn't seem to be the case with the Note....at least on mine and ones owned by others in this thread as of this time.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Phones have become a status symbol, so there is that.

Agreed. It's not enough to own and operate a great phone anymore. Now people want their choice to be admired across the board by everyone and every media outlet, even if that means smearing the competition. And it's not just Samsung (although Samsung gets more flack for being #1), it happens on others boards as well from Samsung users.

Weird world we live it. We can't just be happy with our choice. We have to peak into other people 's backyards and make sure our choice is still the presumptive superior one lol

Last edited:

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Phones have become a status symbol, so there is that.

I think phones have been status symbols since smartphones came on the scene! I remember in 2003-2005ish having a BlackBerry meant you were either a celebrity or a C-suite officer. In 2007 the first iPhones were pretty pricy compared to other smartphones, so that meant you had money to throw around. I remember in 2006 when the Sidekick 3 was a few months old, I was having drinks with 3 other Sidekick users. I was using a 3, another gal was using a 3, and the other two were using Sidekick 2s. The other gal using the Sidekick 3 told them they needed to step their game up. And they were still using pretty dang rad phones for that day and age! It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago!

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think phones have been status symbols since smartphones came on the scene! I remember in 2003-2005ish having a BlackBerry either meant you were a celebrity or a C-suite officer. In 2007 the first iPhones were pretty pricy compared to other smartphones, so that meant you had money to throw around. I remember in 2006 when the Sidekick 3 was a few months old, I was having drinks with 3 other Sidekick users. I was using a 3, another gal was using a 3, and the other two were using Sidekick 2s. The other gal using the Sidekick 3 told them they needed to step their game up. And they were still using pretty dang rad phones for that day and age! It's hard to believe that was 10 years ago!

It is getting worse since smartphones now have phones that everyone can buy.

I have a friend in Ghana right now. He is living in a village with no electricity or running water.

Everyone there, everyone.. Has a smartphone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My favorite quote from this -- because this is exactly how I feel (I live in FL as well).

I live in Florida, and love it or hate it there is no avoiding the spontaneous rainstorms and burning summer heat. Using a device in this sort of environment can be difficult. While lounging on the beach or walking outside in the midday sun, almost every other device on the market struggles to make even the highest contrast content viewable. But the Note7 doesn’t even break a sweat ramping its screen’s pixels to unheard of levels of brightness, while still maintaining its contrast and not washing out. Gone are the times of trying to cover your screen with your hand to see what you are looking at. It is a fantastic feeling to just walk outside and your screen stays just as visible as it was indoors.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX