On the verge of picking one up...

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
What's cool is you can also cast whatever is showing on your Samsung TV back to your phone. I was watching directv on my TV, and was able to send it to my note and watch it there. Not sure why one would want to do that, but its possible!
Thanks I'll have to try that tonight when I get home

Carlo Villa

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for this!

Another noob question...

Can you have a clean home screen? I know on iOS and BB10, this is a native option, to keep one screen clean of any icons or widgets. I've noticed on the android devices that I've had a chance to see, that it's all full with widgets and icons and the Google search box.

I personally really like to have the one screen to show of the beauty of the screen with different wallpapers.
Of course, you can keep it free of any apps.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
On the home screen, I like mine clean too. Now I do keep a click widget at the top, but that's it. I'm one that hates icons on the home screen. I'm the same way on my computer. Not a a single icon on the desktop.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
The offer is through Samsung, but for Best Buy, the store is handling the promo items and BB actually states that in order to get the promotion, you need to purchase and activate the phone through them. I noticed, however, if you did it online - the system let you get the promo items even if you buy it full price without activation (which is how I did it). Did you do it online or in-store? I think in-store they might be more stringent with that requirement.

I think it's dumb for BB to require you to have it activated through them to get the promo items.
You're right, but I am going to try my luck anyway. I took a few screen shots of the samsung website with the "fine print" so hopefully it works in my favor.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
First did you consider the new BB DTEK50?

https://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1083614

Android + BlackBerry without the high cost of top end most expensive phone.

Ios is probably easy to use and small iPhone 6SE to get feet wet, but new models coming in next month.

Blackberry PRIV year old and offer a physical kb too. And runs Android.
Thanks for the input Gayle Lynn... I was considering the Priv over the DTEK50. One thing I absolutely miss the most, even on my Passport, was the BB VKB. Although, even with stock TW, I see that in the BBM app, Swipe is present, so I am trying to get used to using that, but I still think the flick was faster and more comfortable than trying to stretch your thumb back and forth quickly. I am not too fond of iOS, so an iPhone was further down on my list.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the input Gayle Lynn... I was considering the Priv over the DTEK50. One thing I absolutely miss the most, even on my Passport, was the BB VKB. Although, even with stock TW, I see that in the BBM app, Swipe is present, so I am trying to get used to using that, but I still think the flick was faster and more comfortable than trying to stretch your thumb back and forth quickly. I am not too fond of iOS, so an iPhone was further down on my list.

Doesn't the BB Hub+ app come with the BB keyboard?

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Doesn't the BB Hub+ app come with the BB keyboard?
It does not at the moment. From what I've found, Swift is at the core of the BB VKB on Android, and it is not an officially available app at this time. Most likely due to licensing by swift. I have found that there seems to be swift like actions on the native Samsung keyboard, though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
It does not at the moment. From what I've found, Swift is at the core of the BB VKB on Android, and it is not an officially available app at this time. Most likely due to licensing by swift. I have found that there seems to be swift like actions on the native Samsung keyboard, though.
Ah ok. I've heard great things about BB keyboard. Never tried it personally. Samsung's is getting better for me, but I still don't like it as much as Google's.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used the stock Samsung keyboard in years. SwiftKey is the only thing I can use.

Now with my Note 4 I had to switch to a split keyboard and I've gotten used to that. I kept it on my Note 5 and I assume I will on my Note 7 also.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Just an update on the memory card, I just left a best buy and they said that I can't get the sd card because the in store purchase via bear buys fine print, is that It has to be on a plan or renewal, which doesnt allow me to use my Best buy card or something like that, and also the Samsung Guy seemed to be trying ro push the fit2 on me. Before i even mentioned which promo I was looking to get. It is what it is at this point.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
My first smartphone was Blackberry. You will find the transition smooth

Posted via the Android Central App
Thanks, to be honest, I'm finding it pretty hard to find a seamless transition. But there is always going to be a little learning curve with anything new.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just an update on the memory card, I just left a best buy and they said that I can't get the sd card because the in store purchase via bear buys fine print, is that It has to be on a plan or renewal, which doesnt allow me to use my Best buy card or something like that, and also the Samsung Guy seemed to be trying ro push the fit2 on me. Before i even mentioned which promo I was looking to get. It is what it is at this point.

So it does look like they are going to enforce it in the stores.. That's probably why you can only do the Gear Fit 2 online and not the memory card even though the fine print says the same for either one (that you need a plan or renewal). If you really want the memory card and the promo is still going on, then maybe get it directly from a carrier where you can get the memory card (via mail) with a full outright purchase. Or get the Gear Fit 2. lol It's stuff like this that annoys the hell out of people. Either you just do a promotion or not - none of these conditional bull**** things.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
A little update. I wasn't eligible for the promotional items because I decided to buy the note out right. I'm going to give this device a run through for the next 10-12 days to see if the device and the platform are for me.

Happy Phone Week! Enjoy! :)

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so now that I have this AT&T branded note7, does anyone know if there was any official announcement on when the international/unlocked versions are supposed to go on sale? Or if they even will, especially here in the US?

I have a little more than a week with this one before I have to decide if i am going to keep it or should take it back. Ultimately, I was hoping to grab the unlocked version but since I couldn't find out anything else about a release date, and my Passport was startomg to get really wonky on me, I jumped and got this one.

I've been seeing unlocked versions up for sale on Amazon, dual SIM versions. But the specs read to be the same as the US version. Ultimately, I'd like to grab one without carrier bloat ware on it, and increase my chances of getting timely updates without having to wait for AT&T.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so now that I have this AT&T branded note7, does anyone know if there was any official announcement on when the international/unlocked versions are supposed to go on sale? Or if they even will, especially here in the US?

I have a little more than a week with this one before I have to decide if i am going to keep it or should take it back. Ultimately, I was hoping to grab the unlocked version but since I couldn't find out anything else about a release date, and my Passport was startomg to get really wonky on me, I jumped and got this one.

I've been seeing unlocked versions up for sale on Amazon, dual SIM versions. But the specs read to be the same as the US version. Ultimately, I'd like to grab one without carrier bloat ware on it, and increase my chances of getting timely updates without having to wait for AT&T.

There is nothing to sY you can buy an international version or unlocked one here.

There is a lot to think about with an International version. First there are some issues popping up with them, Samsung has halted shipment.. I wouldn't get one now.

Also you have to really make sure you get the right one for using towers here. Some people have issues with LTE.

There is also the matter of Samsung support. You don't get Samsung support or Samsung warranty if you buy one. Samsung USA won't support an international model.. Not unless they have changed that on the last year.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance