08-31-2016 10:40 PM
50 12
tools
    I played with Cloud Magic this morning and really liked it but the idea of all my emails sitting on a server somewhere else (in addition to wherever it's already sitting) freaks me out a little.
    08-27-2016 03:46 PM
    I played with Cloud Magic this morning and really liked it but the idea of all my emails sitting on a server somewhere else (in addition to wherever it's already sitting) freaks me out a little.
    That's why I wouldn't recommend Cloud magic and Blue/Type mail. Especially for exchange mails from work.
    Aqua mail and Nine don't have such concern for exchange mails and they work great with fluid, clean UI, lot of ways to customize setting.
    08-27-2016 04:32 PM
    That's why I wouldn't recommend Cloud magic and Blue/Type mail. Especially for exchange mails from work.
    Aqua mail and Nine don't have such concern for exchange mails and they work great with fluid, clean UI, lot of ways to customize setting.
    Yes it's just too bad because the UI on Cloud Magic is exactly what I'm looking for. Oh well.
    08-27-2016 04:42 PM
    For now I'm using cloud magic on my note 7, but my all time favorite mail app is an iOS only app. It's air mail. Airmail is the best for many reasons. Extremely customizable. Loaded with options. But my favorite is that you can track emails. Meaning you can get a read receipt whenever the recipient has opened and read your email, without noticing him. I've been desperately looking for something similar on android. Anyone has seen that before ?
    08-27-2016 05:21 PM
    I don't use it for anything but @icloud mail. Agree that it's not for any type of sensitive stuff. I've got a GApps account for that because we don't use Exchange here.
    08-27-2016 06:54 PM
    I have been through many clients on my Note 4. I finally hit on what I want with K9 Mail.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.fsck.k9
    08-28-2016 11:18 PM
    I absolutely promote Nine, it allows you to create a calendar event from an email. My office mgr emails caller info and I set up appointments. Quite efficient and effective for me.

I tried hub but it drained my battery.
    08-29-2016 01:01 AM
    For now I'm using cloud magic on my note 7, but my all time favorite mail app is an iOS only app. It's air mail. Airmail is the best for many reasons. Extremely customizable. Loaded with options. But my favorite is that you can track emails. Meaning you can get a read receipt whenever the recipient has opened and read your email, without noticing him. I've been desperately looking for something similar on android. Anyone has seen that before ?
    To be honest the stock email app by Samsung on my note 7 does exactly the same than any other app like cloud magic or aqua right now. And it's a clean ui and not buggy.

But still looking for a feature like airmail that will notify me when the recipient opened my email.... Can't seem to find anything like this for Android.
    fitcherama likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:30 PM
    To be honest the stock email app by Samsung on my note 7 does exactly the same than any other app like cloud magic or aqua right now. And it's a clean ui and not buggy.

But still looking for a feature like airmail that will notify me when the recipient opened my email.... Can't seem to find anything like this for Android.
    I wanted to try the stock email app, but I couldn't because I can't easily add my icloud email. I use my gmail account for very little, and prefer my Apple email address.
    08-29-2016 03:05 PM
    CloudMagic is fantastic!

Posted via my awesome N4
    08-30-2016 05:56 PM
    I was off today so I took the time to set up my icloud email into the stock app. If you've tried and couldn't get it to work you have to turn off two factor authentication first.
    08-30-2016 06:06 PM
    I'm getting my new Note 7 next Tuesday (hopefully - I'm in the UK) and super excited having been an iPhone user for a long time. I had a Note 3 which I really enjoyed then went back to iPhone 6+

I use a .mac email and only use Gmail to sign in to Google. What would be the best solution to run my Apple email efficiently on the Note 7?

Many thanks for any help. I'm enjoying this forum very much. A lot of great info on here
    Not sure about compatibility but I LOVE inbox.
    08-30-2016 06:57 PM
    The stock app is doing everything I need right now. Am I missing something?
    08-30-2016 09:50 PM
    The stock app is doing everything I need right now. Am I missing something?
    If it's working for you, probably not. Where it fell short for me was in two pretty specific areas:
    1. Remote admin of my phone at my previous employer was setup so that once I connected with this email client to my Exchange based work email, they had control over how often my phone would lock completely, even overriding smart lock settings such as not locking whenever I'm at home or whenever my Android Wear is connected. With Nine Email, because it can be locked separately and controlled via the fingerprint reader, using the same email, the remote management only controlled how frequently my email app would require signing back in rather than my entire phone.
    2. Number of actions that can be taken directly from notification and from the Watch notification (Nine offers many more including reply, reply all, mark as read, flag, archive. Customization of these.

Other than that I found the Samsung email client pretty good and definitely one of the better OEM email clients around.
    fitcherama likes this.
    08-30-2016 10:01 PM
    After trying several others, I really like and bought Aqua Mail. Great app. Not associated with the app in anyway. This is the free version and then if you like it there's an Pro unlocker.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...AquaMail&hl=en
    08-30-2016 10:03 PM

I want to use the stock app for my Gmail account... It has some cool features that go well with the calendar and pen. Have you figured out a way to change the [swipe to delete] to [swipe to archive?]
    08-30-2016 11:27 PM
    I'm getting my new Note 7 next Tuesday (hopefully - I'm in the UK) and super excited having been an iPhone user for a long time. I had a Note 3 which I really enjoyed then went back to iPhone 6+

I use a .mac email and only use Gmail to sign in to Google. What would be the best solution to run my Apple email efficiently on the Note 7?

Many thanks for any help. I'm enjoying this forum very much. A lot of great info on here
    CloudMagic should work with a .mac address. I also got the stock email app to work with my @me address today, but I had to configure it manually.
    08-30-2016 11:29 PM
    Having assumed it would be a hassle, when I was setting the phone up yesterday I just popped in my details and hey presto. Everything coming through fine. For my needs this is perfect. Thanks to everyone for their input.
    08-31-2016 04:32 AM
    Throwing another vote out there for nine. I like it better than the iOS email app. Does everything I need it to, looks great, solid meeting reminders and format and it has an additional security layer you can enable.
    08-31-2016 06:08 AM
    Which email app will let you track emails to know when the recipient has opened your message ?airmail for iOS lets you !!!
    08-31-2016 03:45 PM
    Which email app will let you track emails to know when the recipient has opened your message ?airmail for iOS lets you !!!
    Nine Folders has this, but keep in mind that whether this works or not from either Nine or Apple, depends on the receiving email server too.
    Best email solution (coming from iPhone)-nine-screenshot.jpg
    Steven Hadjez1 likes this.
    08-31-2016 04:01 PM
    +1 Nine
    08-31-2016 04:01 PM
    Nine Folders has this, but keep in mind that whether this works or not from either Nine or Apple, depends on the receiving email server too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nine Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	237959
    Just downloaded Nine to try the feature but unfortunately it won't let me connect my Gmail account, saying it's not compatible
    08-31-2016 04:14 PM
    I've been using outlook. I really enjoy it. Has swipe options that you can customize. I swipe to delete and the other way to move to folder.
    08-31-2016 04:51 PM
    You guys got me all exited about Nine and no one said it doesn't work with Gmail and that's all I have!! Now I want it! Is there any workaround to use it?
    08-31-2016 10:40 PM
50 12