What happens if i return my phone with the promotion?

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Okay i want to return my Note 7 and get another one. The way i bought it i want to change so they told me to return it and then to get another one.

My question is i already did the Samsung promo and the SD card is already coming to me. Will Samsung find out and want to charge me? what wil happen.

Thanks.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I just checked the website and it has a tracking number already but says still in transit to Fedex but no delivery date yet. How is Samsung going to know? Sprint would have to send them the info right? i just do not want to lose the pro mo

1213 1213

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I'd suggest contacting them. Its a good question but a little obscure, so I wouldn't think many people have first hand experience.

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Great question. I too want to swap my blue coral for a different color but my promo just shows in route. I would prefer to just buy from best buy.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nothing you get to keep the promotion, phone returned to carrier for a restocking fee. If you are just exchanging then you are good and don't have to do anything.
If you are returning and buying a new one, basically you got a promo with the old one, paid restocking fee and you can submit another promo claim for a new one as long as you satisfy all the rules like buying within promotion period, uploading proof of purchase etc. Samsung isn't going to know or care that you returned your phone back and ask your promo back. They don't care for a few who misuse this and know majority of people aren't going to return. Probably they should develop more proper ways of verifying so that the return period is over and then check if the phone is still active in the name of the person submitting the claim etc. Probably too much hassle to develop such a system. Cost involved in developing that probably is a lot more than few hundreds or thousands free gifts for returned phones.

On the other hand if you call Samsung, may be they might say OK you can return the gift back to us or something like that. You can give it a shot.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes i was on a long hold and you will get to keep it if it has already been shipped or ready to ship and approved

TheLegoJoker

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I would think they would want the promo item back if you return the device. Otherwise they are basically giving the item away. I don't even see how it's a question. If the promo said TRY it out and get a free card then you're good. Otherwise I'd say you owe them the item back or pay them for it.

*edit*
Just read the first post again. I think you're fine. You're still getting the Note, just a different one. Hang on to your receipt just in case and I can't see it being a problem. Just don't try to scam a second reward from them. Hahaha.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995