10-04-2016 01:34 AM
283 ... 9101112
tools
    Do you have Always On Display active?
    Turns out it was a screen auto lock issue. Since I had auto lock for 10 minutes, it confused me on the effect of touching the home button - AT&T told me to turn off 10 minute delay and now it acts like my iPhone did - touch the home button and it unlocks and opens.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-02-2016 02:01 PM
    Actually the sd card retails for $249
    09-02-2016 04:22 PM
    I tried the note 7 out for a week. I really liked the s pen and the screen. Ultimately the battery life killed it for me so I took it back. A week later they recalled the phones for faulty batteries. My phone was getting warm and I chalked it out to wireless charging and use. I really feel like I may or may not have dodged a bullet. In switched back to the iPhone and have no regrets other than losing the s pen and the screen!
    09-02-2016 04:28 PM
    I love the phone
    From A Buick 8 likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:53 PM
    I made the switch from iPhone 6+, this is my first Android phone so far i love it. The note7 is a beautiful phone, and the performance has been stellar. I opted for the GearFit 2 as the promo gift and it is a nice little piece of tech. I am really enjoying android, there is a lot to learn and to tweak but so far i like it.

The rest of my house is apple, so i am still trying to find a good work around for some things (AirPlay is a big one) but over all i am happy i made the move.
    09-26-2016 02:46 PM
    I am in the same boat....coming over from APPL after many years. My whole family is still on APPL so biggest issue for me is iMessage. Have you worked around that?
    I made the switch from iPhone 6+, this is my first Android phone so far i love it. The note7 is a beautiful phone, and the performance has been stellar. I opted for the GearFit 2 as the promo gift and it is a nice little piece of tech. I am really enjoying android, there is a lot to learn and to tweak but so far i like it.

The rest of my house is apple, so i am still trying to find a good work around for some things (AirPlay is a big one) but over all i am happy i made the move.
    09-26-2016 02:57 PM
    I will be honest, I switched from my iPhone 6 to the note 7 and its the best thing I done in a while. my wife and daughter still have the 6+ but are always checking out my note. The photos are amazing on this phone. The screen blows all iPhone's including the new 7+ away. I was an early android adopter and wasn't impressed so I have been with an iPhone for the last 4 years. I got this crazy idea that it was time to jump ship back to Samsung and I'm satisfied. don't get me wrong apple still makes great products just don't care for the vanilla feel of the operating system.
    pcsperson and emilysmom2003 like this.
    09-26-2016 03:27 PM
    I am in the same boat....coming over from APPL after many years. My whole family is still on APPL so biggest issue for me is iMessage. Have you worked around that?
    all of the folks that i used "iMessage" with have phone numbers, so i will just use the stock sms app.
    09-26-2016 07:17 PM
    all of the folks that i used "iMessage" with have phone numbers, so i will just use the stock sms app.
    That still doesn't solve it for me - group messages are a nightmare because it treats everything as sepafate messages to each person in the group, and I never know what is circulating with everyone. Also, since iMessage permits sharing photos and videos at higer resolutions, all I get or send are low quality compressed versions - kinda yuck for grandchildren moments.
    MaryS910 likes this.
    09-26-2016 07:22 PM
    I hear you on the fingerprint scanner convenience with iPhone. Developers weren't able to utilize the fingerprint scanner on Android until version 6 (marshmallow) which is now getting on more phones as of the last few months. So now apps like my Chase Bank, PayPal and my Work email app now utilize it with more apps to come.
    I hear you on that one. I was surprised by the fingerprint integration on Lastpass. So convenient not having to log out and in everytime but rather just swipe with the fingerprint to go straight into the app. Look forward to more apps doing this.
    09-26-2016 07:45 PM
    iOS ???

09-26-2016 08:37 PM
    I came from iOS since 3GS long ago. That was a really good phone at that time. But i jumped to Android after that as I wanted a larger screen, and iPhone 4 and 4s could not provide that. Like Android for its customization (never root before) , went through a few phones though i never felt Android is really better than iPhone. Both have their pros and cons.

Was envious of iPhone 6 when it came out, having the screen size and design that I really like. Luckily i stayed on and Note 7 came out, which i find is truly the almost perfect Android phone i finally got.
    09-26-2016 11:46 PM
    The performance is horrible! Apps reload, the phone feels laggy and battery life is bad for a phone with such a large capacity. I actually regret purchasing it because the galaxy S7 edge had a smooth UI and fast performance from what I have seen. Very disappointed in the note 7 so far. Sure, the design is great and I like the blue color a lot, but the software needs to be further optimized.
    I had the same experience. Writing this on my edge. Returned the note 7 in the recall
    09-29-2016 02:22 AM
    The pixel is coming soon.
    09-29-2016 02:23 AM
    The pixel is coming soon.
    Im expecting the pixel to be just another rendition of a stock Android experience and nothing special hardware wise......I really don't get what people are expecting from the phone....It's not like Google is making hardware now and trying to be like Apple, HTC is making the device.....To me it's all marketing hype ...
    T48 likes this.
    09-29-2016 02:32 AM
    The performance is horrible! Apps reload, the phone feels laggy and battery life is bad for a phone with such a large capacity. I actually regret purchasing it because the galaxy S7 edge had a smooth UI and fast performance from what I have seen. Very disappointed in the note 7 so far. Sure, the design is great and I like the blue color a lot, but the software needs to be further optimized.
    I really wonder, is your Note 7 unit laggy, or different people have different definitions of lag?

One side we have people saying their Note 7 has no lag at all, smooth like butter. On the other side people are saying it lags badly. Are we all using the same phone?
    09-29-2016 04:09 AM
    I really wonder, is your Note 7 unit laggy, or different people have different definitions of lag?

One side we have people saying their Note 7 has no lag at all, smooth like butter. On the other side people are saying it lags badly. Are we all using the same phone?
    I've wondered the same thing myself. The lag that is talked about makes me laugh. Is there lag? If there is its very slight and I'm on my second phone.

I also came over from iPhone 6s+ and this phone blows that away minus battery life. iPhone gave me consistent 12 hours of heavy use on single charge.

Like my Note 5 before the iPhone this one gives me 8-10 hours on one charge.

But. But. But. Fast charge changes everything. A quick 10-15 min charge and you're up 15-20% again and added another 90-120 min of battery life.

On my iPhone a 10-15 charge would increase it 5-8%.

people psyche themselves out with battery. Obsession with it is amazing. I was the same way. Not any longer.
    emilysmom2003 and frope01 like this.
    09-29-2016 05:31 AM
    A fast charge doesn't help if you are nowhere near a charger. There are days I'm in the middle of nowhere and the combo of bad cell reception and short battery life can be....frustrating. These phones do a lot of stuff in the background. Restrict background data and see how much longer your battery lasts.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-29-2016 06:02 AM
    I have no desire to go back. I was an iPhone user for several years, switched when the Note 7 came out and can't believe what I've missed being stuck in the iOS ecosystem for so long. The customization alone is worth sticking with the Note 7. I won't bash Apple because they make an amazing product, but I believe this is the best smartphone on the market right now.
    09-29-2016 08:09 AM
    A fast charge doesn't help if you are nowhere near a charger. There are days I'm in the middle of nowhere and the combo of bad cell reception and short battery life can be....frustrating. These phones do a lot of stuff in the background. Restrict background data and see how much longer your battery lasts.
    So you're often in an area with either

1. No wall outlets
    2. No car charger

Is that what you're saying? Maybe that's the case but these days that is rare.

I also bought a charging brick just in case. Ive used it twice. And after a 20 min charge I was 30-40% more.
    09-29-2016 08:23 AM
    Im expecting the pixel to be just another rendition of a stock Android experience and nothing special hardware wise......I really don't get what people are expecting from the phone....It's not like Google is making hardware now and trying to be like Apple, HTC is making the device.....To me it's all marketing hype ...
    Whats the difference? Foxconn makes the iphone, so i dont see the difference if it is Htc, Foxonn or whoever
    09-29-2016 08:56 AM
    So you're often in an area with either

1. No wall outlets
    2. No car charger

Is that what you're saying? Maybe that's the case but these days that is rare.

I also bought a charging brick just in case. Ive used it twice. And after a 20 min charge I was 30-40% more.
    Yes. My job often finds me in the great outdoors. Another rare example but pertinent to my situation-I periodically run 100 mile ultras. Every time I've run one with my iPhone on board, it's made it to the finish line the next morning with a charge. The only one I ran with a Samsung, my S4 Active, it was dead by midnight. And I'm not even a Note user now, I've got a Galaxy S7 Active, with an even bigger battery. Look, I love everything else about the Samsung phones vs. the iPhone. I won't go back if I can help it. I only had an iPhone 6 Plus because my wife got it and decided it was too big for her to use. I'm willing to accept a little bit less battery life because of some features I didn't have on the iPhone. But it's just disappointing that you have to go in a tinker with settings and disable advertised features on a Samsung phone to get the same battery life you get from an iPhone (with a smaller battery) practically out of the box.
    09-29-2016 09:07 AM
    Yes. My job often finds me in the great outdoors. Another rare example but pertinent to my situation-I periodically run 100 mile ultras. Every time I've run one with my iPhone on board, it's made it to the finish line the next morning with a charge. The only one I ran with a Samsung, my S4 Active, it was dead by midnight. And I'm not even a Note user now, I've got a Galaxy S7 Active, with an even bigger battery. Look, I love everything else about the Samsung phones vs. the iPhone. I won't go back if I can help it. I only had an iPhone 6 Plus because my wife got it and decided it was too big for her to use. I'm willing to accept a little bit less battery life because of some features I didn't have on the iPhone. But it's just disappointing that you have to go in a tinker with settings and disable advertised features on a Samsung phone to get the same battery life you get from an iPhone (with a smaller battery) practically out of the box.
    Sorry. I don't have to tinker or disable much of all. The only thing I do is stuff that shouldn't be on the phone to start with.

When I got my iphone I changed a LOT of stuff centered around location and advertising. You can't customize a lot but I did with those.

I did get 12-14 hours on the Plus. I get 10-12 on this but with fast charge it averages to 14-16 easily.

And in a pinch I can use Power Saving mode and customize it. I don't even go crazy with that. I just move it to the display setting that the iPhone is at currently, HD, and I get another hour.
    09-29-2016 01:52 PM
    Well, to give a relevant update on my experience... After getting a notification from AT&T Protec support about battery life yesterday, I gave them a call. They had me clear my cache, which did nothing. Told me to disable fast charging, which did nothing. But restricting background data seems to have really stretched the battery out. Much more so than putting it in power saving mode.

I dunno. Maybe I did tinker more than I realized w/ my iPhone. I turned off all the location based stuff, too. But I know plenty of days where I didn't use my iPhone much and it retained most of it's charge through the day while my Galaxy doesn't seem to care as much that I'm not using it, lol. I DO leave Google or Google Now (whatever you call it) running on my Galaxy because that's a neat thing to have and pretty handy. But otherwise, I'm just texting or reading FB with maybe an hour of streaming video while I run on the treadmill on days I'm in my office for lunch. In this restricted data mode I'm currently in, which doesn't seem too restricted, my usage meter is predicting I'll get a total of 16 hrs out of my phone. That's up from eleven hours yesterday.
    09-29-2016 02:18 PM
    I just left after having many iphones. I even had the 7 plus and sent it back because of all the noise issues it had. The new Note 7 I now own is awesome except for battery life My s7 edge blows it away in this area so far. I'm not sure what is eating it up, but already had to charge it back up once today. But since I charged it back up, it has stayed at 95% for the last hour and hasn't dropped. So not sure what is going on.
    09-29-2016 02:25 PM
283 ... 9101112