04-22-2017 12:56 PM
43 12
tools
    Well at least you factory reset now, because AT&T will want to do that before exchanging. Now they might have the Samsung charger to test. If it is just the charger, they also might exchange it for you. AT&T will do things like that sometimes, if it is a corporate store.
    08-27-2016 12:31 PM
    I hope. I think my power bank must have shorted out my charging port somehow, because before all this started happening... I noticed the phone kept making the little noise when you connect a cable. It was doing it repeatedly for no reason when the cord was constantly plugged in.
    08-27-2016 12:33 PM
    Well with the Note 7 you have to be careful about chargers and cables. The phone bank is a charger. Without going back, don't remember if you said.. Who made the charger bank?
    08-27-2016 12:34 PM
    I was using an Imazing bank. It worked perfectly with my LG G4 for a good month, but I think the Type C cable I got for the new Note 7 must have been bad.
    08-27-2016 12:39 PM
    It seems like that Imazing should be fine, even though it is a QC 3 and the Note supports QC 2. Anker has a pack of A to C cables on Amazon that are a good price. Those shouldn't be a problem. I have some waiting for my Note 7 to arrive.
    08-27-2016 12:44 PM
    What are the other 2 cables?
    08-27-2016 12:51 PM
    My guess is either the port got damaged (not necessarily caused from the bank itself and could simply be coincidence), or it was defective from the start. At this point, I'd suggest getting it exchanged.
    08-27-2016 01:31 PM
    Yeah I drove to the AT&T store and they had none in stock, and gave me a number to call to do the warranty exchange... but that number gave us another number which was to the wrong thing. It's a big mess and I still haven't gotten the right people.
    08-27-2016 02:07 PM
    Yeah I drove to the AT&T store and they had none in stock, and gave me a number to call to do the warranty exchange... but that number gave us another number which was to the wrong thing. It's a big mess and I still haven't gotten the right people.
    How many AT&T stores in your area? If there aren't any more, tell them to order you one today.

Do not do a warranty exchange.
    jackash0912 likes this.
    08-27-2016 02:11 PM
    I finally am at the point where I can get a new phone, but I need to ship out my old one. This will probably take a week (and it's a weekend now, so maybe even longer). Sadly, I am out of a phone now for this amount of time, because the LG G4 uses a different size sim card than what was in my Note 7. The LG G4 uses micro sim and the Note 7 uses nano sim. Is there any adapters I can find in a store nearby (walmart, target, etc?) that may have these I can get on a weekend, or am I screwed for several days or more?
    08-27-2016 03:25 PM
    Not sure how AT&T works, but I know with Verizon I would have kept the G4 SIM and any new phone would get its own if they were different sizes. I could also go to a Verizon store to get one at no charge.

If you don't have the G4 SIM, then I'd try going to AT&T to see if you can get one for it. I've heard enough stories about iffy adaptors that I wouldn't use one if I could keep from it.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    08-27-2016 03:37 PM
    I finally am at the point where I can get a new phone, but I need to ship out my old one. This will probably take a week (and it's a weekend now, so maybe even longer). Sadly, I am out of a phone now for this amount of time, because the LG G4 uses a different size sim card than what was in my Note 7. The LG G4 uses micro sim and the Note 7 uses nano sim. Is there any adapters I can find in a store nearby (walmart, target, etc?) that may have these I can get on a weekend, or am I screwed for several days or more?
    If you go to a corporate AT&T store they will give you a new SIM for free and another new one when your new phone comes back.

If it isn't a corporate store they will charge you like $15 for the card. If they charge you then you can likely get 611 to put a credit on your account.
    08-27-2016 03:41 PM
    I agree and would take the phone to AT&T.
    08-27-2016 04:30 PM
    Went to the AT&T store, took a bit of time, but they finally were able to get my LG G4 a new working sim card (AT&T sims apparently are dead once they are deactivated even once). So when my new phone comes in, I will go through the activation procedure a second time. Hopefully it will finally go smoothly, as all of today, has not gone smoothly. From now on, I'm only going to use samsung branded charging cords with my power banks. I have a feeling the third party type C cable I used caused all this to happen (I can't really blame the power bank because I used it extensively with my LG G4 before it, and it has been fine).
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-27-2016 06:09 PM
    Good deal, glad you got that much worked out.
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-27-2016 06:50 PM
    Hi im going thru this same issue, however i know what caused my s7 edge to stop fast charging. I bought a new car a week after i got my s7 edge plugged it in to the car charger and all of a sudden no more fast charge when i got back home. At the time i thought my s7 was a faulty device returned it to the store i was given a brand new phone, Never plugged it back in the car charger. A week ago i drove on a long ride and needed some charge. Not thinking plugged it in the car charger again had NO FAST CHARGING ISSUES prior. Looked at my phone 5mins later only to notice battery still dying on charge.. so i dont know who to blame at this point samsung or the car company i also dropped my phone later that nite cracking the screen so that voids the samsung warranty so i have to buy another off ins Smh i hope that helps clarify that any power source outside of the reguar home voltage is blowing s7 edge batteries. Maybe a recall coming in the future. smh i still LOVE MY S7 EDGE just not the undurable batteries
    11-13-2016 04:53 PM
    I also suggest testing your phone at the store with an original charger of the same device model. That is to isolate the issue. If the phone charges well with the other original fast charger then you will need to check for warranty replacement option of your battery.
    11-18-2016 08:07 AM
    I downloaded an app called ampere, and it is measuring (going up and down between):
    * Not Plugged In at all: -420 mA
    * Official Samsung Wall Plug/Cable: 90-1030 mA (It started at 1030, but a second or two later it dropped between 90-200 and stayed down there)
    * Imazing Power Bank QC 3.0 Port: 60-210 mA
    * Anker Power Bank IQ Port: 110-220 mA (doesn't have a QC port but it is slightly better than the Imazing??)
    * Desktop PC USB 3.0 Port: 120-220 mA (shouldn't this be SLOWER than other sources?)
    * Surge Protector USB Port (Samsung Cable): 50-210 mA
    * Surge Protector USB Port (Imazing's Short Charge Cable): 170-220 mA
    04-22-2017 12:56 PM
43 12