The things that changed with the Note 7

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Just got myself the new note 7. I'm deep into the honey moon phase. This phone is simply too incredible. Everything about it is so beautiful it makes me wanna cry. Everything about it is just better than my s7 edge. Seems like Samsung used the very good base of what they did with the s7 edge and improved it all.

I did notice though that a few things have changed a bit and it might take some getting used to, and sometimes even a little research. So I decided to create a thread where I, and whoever else may need, will post the little things we encounter and need to solve, so it will help everyone in the future resolve their issue faster.

I've notice a few already, and I'll start by posting one.

First issue for me so far, and this comes from a guy who cares about aesthetics, is that I can't find the condensed display mode that was available on the s7 series. Basically this would let you reduce the icon size on the springboard as well as the general appearance of all apps... They look too big for me now.

Anyone knows if this is hiding somewhere in the note 7 menus, or did Samsung make it disappear since it was just at an experimental stage ??

Will post more later.

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Well, thanks @bable for you answer. Thanks to you I've just discovered something new. It looks like my menu is different than yours. Where you're pointing at does sound like the solution, except that content scaling menu doesn't exist in my phone. And it's the second time that I'm looking for a menu that should be there but isn't there. The Note 7 has a setting that lets you auto restart your phone on a scheduled day in the back up settings, but it doesn't appear in my phone either. And now this!

How weird. The only explanation I can find is that I do not use a us version of the phone. My phone was purchased in Singapore and it's the dual sim version. SM N930FD

Still, I can't explain to myself why Samsung would do something like this. Just because I live in Singapore or use two SIM cards, then I'm not allowed to auto restart my phone or resize the icons in the SB ?? See the screenshot.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
That's true you're right. I remember now seeing a video on YouTube that lets you exploit something in nova laucher to use the condensed display mode without actually using Nova Launcher. Thanks a lot for solving my issue !

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the 930F. Since a recent OTA, that setting is also gone.....from the menu.

It's still there. You just need to download Nova Launcher, add the "Activities" widget, and set "Content Scaling" as the desired activity under the Settings tab.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Here's How To Enable The Hidden Condensed Display Mode Of Your Samsung Galaxy S7 : TECH : Tech Times

Here is the step by step guide on how to do what's said above. But I still notice that it's not as efficient as when the menu existed, because when the menu existed the entire UI would scale down. Now a lot of app remain with bigger UI.... Can't understand why they removed it
To be honest the stock email app by Samsung on my note 7 does exactly the same than any other app like cloud magic or aqua right now. And it's a clean ui and not buggy.

But still looking for a feature like airmail that will notify me when the recipient opened my email.... Can't seem to find anything like this for Android.

Sorry this post was meant for another thread. Don't know what happened here.

Last edited:

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
The stupidest thing that's changed on the note 7 is that you have to slide down twice the quick settings to access the brightness bar. You can no longer slide down once and adjust the brightness. So so so dumb. I came understand why they've done that. Besides that, in love with my phone...

dsignori

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
The stupidest thing that's changed on the note 7 is that you have to slide down twice the quick settings to access the brightness bar. You can no longer slide down once and adjust the brightness. So so so dumb. I came understand why they've done that. Besides that, in love with my phone...

I absolutely agree. It was perfect where it was before. This is perhaps the thing I like least coming from a Note 5 to a Note 7. I fiddle with brightness more than most folks I think, and I don't like to have to pull down twice, then reach to the bottom to get it.

I know there are other solutions (apps , widgets, Good Lock), but I really want it right where it always was ...

Steven Hadjez1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
I absolutely agree. It was perfect where it was before. This is perhaps the thing I like least coming from a Note 5 to a Note 7. I fiddle with brightness more than most folks I think, and I don't like to have to pull down twice, then reach to the bottom to get it.

I know there are other solutions (apps , widgets, Good Lock), but I really want it right where it always was ...
Agree with you. On top of sliding down twice we have to reach the bottom of the screen. Basically impossible to change the brightness with one hand now!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance