09-01-2016 10:09 PM
115 1234 ...
tools
    Mine got a deep long scratch today. Didn't drop it. It's been in my pocket all day, like every other phone I've owned. Not sure how.
    08-27-2016 05:43 PM
    Yes I'm aware of that, they addressed the test done wasn't a controlled test. That is a different issue. The issue that was discussed on the other thread was what is involved in making something scratch resistant and something shatter resistant at the same time.
    08-27-2016 05:51 PM
    Typical of American companies these days... refute and create diversion among the readers.

A number here have come right out and posted... problems with scratches on their Note 7. Are they hallucinating these scratches and imperfections? Are we back in the good old days of Owsley LSD of the sixties?

If there is a problem, Corning needs to step up and deal with it. Btw, I went to college near Corning.

If not, create a screen protector that WORKS!
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-27-2016 05:54 PM
    I never use a screen protector with my phones ever since the droid razr. When i took it off, I couldn't believe how much clearer the display was and how filthy and dust magnet the screen protector plastic crap was. I dont care what the reviews or other people say. A plastic screen protector attracts dust, debris and finger prints not long after.

When I saw the scratch test review by jerryrigeverything, I still wasnt worried because I know my phone wont ever come in contact with razors and sharp objects like that. A real world scratch test would involve coins and keys. The note7 passed that in flying colors. I only wear a ringke fusion crystal clear slim case while at work.
    jn3wman and Shamshi-Adad like this.
    08-27-2016 05:59 PM
    Typical of American companies these days... refute and create diversion among the readers.

A number here have come right out and posted... problems with scratches on their Note 7. Are they hallucinating these scratches and imperfections? Are we back in the good old days of Owsley LSD of the sixties?

If there is a problem, Corning needs to step up and deal with it. Btw, I went to college near Corning.

Ya, I think the least they could do is to publish a experimental video of their own "controlled" test rather than arguing other people are not doing it correctly
    08-27-2016 05:59 PM
    Yes I'm aware of that, they addressed the test done wasn't a controlled test. That is a different issue. The issue that was discussed on the other thread was what is involved in making something scratch resistant and something shatter resistant at the same time.
    Maybe Gorrilla Glass 6, we sure got screwed with 5.
    08-27-2016 06:00 PM

They should have refuted that test. For a test like that to even be considered valid, it has to be done in a controlled environment.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 06:01 PM
    I never use a screen protector with my phones ever since the droid razr. When i took it off, I couldn't believe how much clearer the display was and how filthy and dust magnet the screen protector plastic crap was. I dont care what the reviews or other people say. A plastic screen protector attracts dust, debris and finger prints not long after.

When I saw the scratch test review by jerryrigeverything, I still wasnt worried because I know my phone wont ever come in contact with razors and sharp objects like that. A real world scratch test would involve coins and keys. The note7 passed that in flying colors. I only wear a ringke fusion crystal clear slim case while at work.
    I wonder if some just aren't used to the raised screen and corners. It would be much easier to scratch the phone when you aren't used to that.
    08-27-2016 06:04 PM
    They should have refuted that test. For a test like that to even be considered valid, it has to be done in a controlled environment.
    Corning DID NOT refute the test. In the eyes of many, that says something.
    08-27-2016 06:40 PM
    Corning DID NOT refute the test. In the eyes of many, that says something.
    Well yeah they did refute the test. Did you not read the article?
    08-27-2016 06:43 PM
    Like everyone else, I was horrified when I saw the original scratch test video with the guy using the picks. However since then, I have seen multiple scratch test videos of people using keys and knives to scratch the note, leaving no mark. My phone goes into my left pocket with nothing else in it. I never drop my phone (dropped a phone less than 5 times in 6 years). I have used screen protectors in the past, however I need a tempered glass one as I hate the feel of the plastic ones. I have yet to see a tempered glass one that covers the whole screen and works with a case with no issues. The ones I have seen either only cover the middle or only have adhesive on the sides which makes the middle too flexible. Since I don't plan on attacking my phone with a knife anytime soon, am I crazy for not using a screen protector? If there was a tempered glass solution that worked well I'd be all over it but I haven't seen one. I should also mention that I am rocking a UAG case. UAG is the only case I will use. Protective and thin.
    Uag provides good side drop protection, but very minimal face drop protection. Combined with no screen protector and the screen could get scratched or cracked if dropped on the face.
    08-27-2016 06:52 PM
    Always used one even when went naked over the years.

Scratching the screen is easier than dropping the phone and it's not like you can avoid it like scratch/dent on the body where you just need to get a case.

Also, resale value.

My question is why CAN'T companies apply a screen protector OUT OF THE BOX like OnePlus and LET THE USER DECIDE IF THEY WANT IT OR NOT but I guess it's business with third party accessories?
    The note 7 did come with a pre installed screen protector, or at least my Verizon one did.

Although I am sure that many would be disappointed in the Verizon one since Verizon de contented all the text on the screen protector.
    08-27-2016 06:57 PM
    Well yeah they did refute the test. Did you not read the article?
    Evidently... I did not. But the folks who are posting say differently.
    08-27-2016 07:19 PM
    Evidently... I did not. But the folks who are posting say differently.
    You should read the article then.
    08-27-2016 07:21 PM
    Gorilla glass 5 scratches easily compared to 4. And gorilla glass 4 scratches easier the gorilla glass 3.

But they are more shatter proof

Gorilla glass 3 few! Htc 10 only new phone with the best glass
    08-27-2016 07:28 PM
    I never bought any of the GG claims. If there is glass on my phone, I'm treating it that way, period.

Glass breaks, glass scratches. And even when we get to GG144, I'll still know there is a chance I may scratch or shatter it.
    Inders99 likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:47 PM
    You should read the article then.
    No... I'll read the comments of the actual users.
    Highrisedrifter likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:54 PM
    Screen protectors for curved screens are not perfected yet and I only use glass ones the plastic type don't work well with s pen.
    08-27-2016 07:56 PM
    No... I'll read the comments of the actual users.
    Ok, read the comments from users and not the refutation that Corning made. Sure.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-27-2016 07:57 PM
    Ok, read the comments from users and not the refutation that Corning made. Sure.
    That's correct. I will read actual user experience.
    08-27-2016 07:58 PM
    I don't have one yet; like the rest of you, I'm waiting for one that fits properly and won't interfere with a case. Or until the Otterbox Defender comes out, since I may get one of those.

I have a Spigen Neo Hybrid on the phone right now, but I have their heavier-duty case due here on Monday (the one with the kickstand). In the meantime I'll just be super careful with it. If it scratches, I may contact Corning and Samsung and go WTF.

My Note 3 only had a couple of VERY light scratches on the screen after three years. I had an Otterbox Commuter case on it and it did a great job of protecting it from various drops, including some face-down ones.
    08-27-2016 08:00 PM
    this "reinvented" screen is messing with company's heads trying to get it right,lol. A few have been lucky with a "decent " protector but for the most part no one has it right. I went ahead and bought the S View case from Samsung just to have something to protect the screen.
    08-27-2016 08:01 PM
    i have tried to use screen protectors a few times but i just do not like them so i do not use them, i try to take good care of my phones. if i scratch it then i will just have to deal with it.
    08-27-2016 08:08 PM
    That's correct. I will read actual user experience.
    You have totally missed the point. Corning refuted the test he did and with good reason. That was what I addressed in the first place and they told why they refuted his test.

I agree they should refute that test, that doesn't mean he isn't correct.
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    08-27-2016 08:16 PM
    You have totally missed the point. Corning refuted the test he did and with good reason. That was what I addressed in the first place and they told why they refuted his test.

I agree they should refute that test, that doesn't mean he isn't correct.
    I'll read the reviews of the actual users. I missed no point!
    08-27-2016 08:17 PM
115 1234 ...