Why do we need a screen protector?

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Like everyone else, I was horrified when I saw the original scratch test video with the guy using the picks. However since then, I have seen multiple scratch test videos of people using keys and knives to scratch the note, leaving no mark. My phone goes into my left pocket with nothing else in it. I never drop my phone (dropped a phone less than 5 times in 6 years). I have used screen protectors in the past, however I need a tempered glass one as I hate the feel of the plastic ones. I have yet to see a tempered glass one that covers the whole screen and works with a case with no issues. The ones I have seen either only cover the middle or only have adhesive on the sides which makes the middle too flexible. Since I don't plan on attacking my phone with a knife anytime soon, am I crazy for not using a screen protector? If there was a tempered glass solution that worked well I'd be all over it but I haven't seen one. I should also mention that I am rocking a UAG case. UAG is the only case I will use. Protective and thin.

anon(661246)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Like everyone else, I was horrified when I saw the original scratch test video with the guy using the picks. However since then, I have seen multiple scratch test videos of people using keys and knives to scratch the note, leaving no mark. My phone goes into my left pocket with nothing else in it. I never drop my phone (dropped a phone less than 5 times in 6 years). I have used screen protectors in the past, however I need a tempered glass one as I hate the feel of the plastic ones. I have yet to see a tempered glass one that covers the whole screen and works with a case with no issues. The ones I have seen either only cover the middle or only have adhesive on the sides which makes the middle too flexible. Since I don't plan on attacking my phone with a knife anytime soon, am I crazy for not using a screen protector? If there was a tempered glass solution that worked well I'd be all over it but I haven't seen one. I should also mention that I am rocking a UAG case. UAG is the only case I will use. Protective and thin.

I'd never ever use my phone without one. There's a lot of what ifs that may happen. One of the reasons why I returned the note 7. A total deal breaker

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I had a screen protector on my Note 5 but I'm not using one on my Note 7. They aren't really necessary for me. And the good ones can be expensive. I don't believe I will shatter my screen as I have never done so with any other smartphone.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I would not feel to protected with the UAG case for the Note 7. Saw a post where someone dropped their Note 7 in a UAG case and the screen shattered very easy.

Here's that post with the UAG failure.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/716126-kinda-pissed-three-day-old-blue-coral-n7-dropped-screen-cracks-5.html#post5369988

I ONLY use UAG period. I've used them for years. On the rare instances that I have dropped my phone it came out every time with no marks of any kind. Not sure what that guy did

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd never ever use my phone without one. There's a lot of what ifs that may happen. One of the reasons why I returned the note 7. A total deal breaker

You returned it because of the scratch test video or because you couldn't find a screen protector that fit well?

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Always used one even when went naked over the years.

Scratching the screen is easier than dropping the phone and it's not like you can avoid it like scratch/dent on the body where you just need to get a case.

Also, resale value.

My question is why CAN'T companies apply a screen protector OUT OF THE BOX like OnePlus and LET THE USER DECIDE IF THEY WANT IT OR NOT but I guess it's business with third party accessories?

bucky716

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector and never had any issues. Within 24hrs of owning the Note 7 I had two small scratches on the screen. Protect your almost $1k investment.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Always used one even when went naked over the years.

Scratching the screen is easier than dropping the phone and it's not like you can avoid it like scratch/dent on the body where you just need to get a case.

Also, resale value.

My question is why CAN'T companies apply a screen protector OUT OF THE BOX like OnePlus and LET THE USER DECIDE IF THEY WANT IT OR NOT but I guess it's business with third party accessories?

Verizon sort of did. I'm using it right now

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Reading this thread gives me great anxiety. I never touch my phone's screen without some sort of protection on it.

I had anxiety with the Note 5 with people talking about it.

I've been carrying my Note 5 caseless and no screen protector for months. Only scratch I had was on the metal trim and that is because I dropped it once on the driveway.

Samsung replaced that because I had a button issue so now not a scratch. All my glass is still perfect.

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes, but do far they haven't had issues of dust etc. Right now there just isn't a screen protector that people are wanting. I'm sure someone will come out with one eventually.
The problem with the adhesive only being on the edges is that the middle doesn't adhere. When you touch the middle, it flexes and makes creaking sounds.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem with the adhesive only being on the edges is that the middle doesn't adhere. When you touch the middle, it flexes and makes creaking sounds.

I understand what you are saying. The member that posted about it hasn't had any complaints about it yet.

I have no idea about the screen protector, I don't use screen protectors, I was just linking one a member said they used and likes so far.

They have a 30 day money back policy for any reason and a lifetime guarantee.

msndrstood

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
This is the one I got. It stuck immediately and I've had no problems with it using a Spigen wallet case. I've used Pleson screen protectors before on my other Notes and never had to replace them. The one on my husband's Note 4 is 2 years old.

Galaxy Note 7 Screen Protector, PLESON® [3D Full Coverage] Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Tempered Glass Screen Protector, [Case Friendly] 9H/Bubble Free Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 7 - Lifetime Warranty https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K4H0EK...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5371512

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power