As stated above.
    Attached Thumbnails So the S-Pen out warning is the icon on screen?-1601.jpg  
    08-27-2016 03:10 PM
    No, not if I understand what you're asking. The pen out warning is a pop up window and a audio notification. But it only works if the screen goes off.

Enable in S Pen settings.
    jimd1050 and NotAnAppleGuy like this.
    08-27-2016 03:13 PM
    No, not if I understand what you're asking. The pen out warning is a pop up window and a audio notification. But it only works if the screen goes off.

Enable in S Pen settings.
    Yup, and it's quite loud - you wouldn't miss it unless maybe you were in a really loud place, like a club with loud music or something. Then all bets are off - you'd have to rely on the screen pop-up!
    NotAnAppleGuy likes this.
    08-27-2016 03:40 PM
    O.K. "NotAnAppleGuy", you're gonna' love this this! To help out further, I pulled my pen out, laid it on my desk and walked across the hall into my wife's office. "Nothing"! I thought "What the Hell - I already tried this and I know it works" so I went up the stairs into the kitchen (basement offices) and sure enough "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep". I looked down at the phone and there was the pop-up window that Connert mentioned so I did a screenshot of that before it went away. I figured while I was upstairs, I make a quick "pitstop" and save a trip later and wouldn't you know, I'm standing there, over the bowl and I hear "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep" from my pocket!!! :-) Before I could finish and get my hands washed, "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep" again... damned, give me a break Samsung! Anyway, thought you'd get a kick out of that! here's the screenshot of the pop-up window you get from the pen being out:

So the S-Pen out warning is the icon on screen?-s_pen_detached.jpg
    skatergirl likes this.
    08-27-2016 03:59 PM
    O.K. "NotAnAppleGuy", you're gonna' love this this! To help out further, I pulled my pen out, laid it on my desk and walked across the hall into my wife's office. "Nothing"! I thought "What the Hell - I already tried this and I know it works" so I went up the stairs into the kitchen (basement offices) and sure enough "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep". I looked down at the phone and there was the pop-up window that Connert mentioned so I did a screenshot of that before it went away. I figured while I was upstairs, I make a quick "pitstop" and save a trip later and wouldn't you know, I'm standing there, over the bowl and I hear "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep" from my pocket!!! :-) Before I could finish and get my hands washed, "Beep-Beep - Beep-Beep" again... damned, give me a break Samsung! Anyway, thought you'd get a kick out of that! here's the screenshot of the pop-up window you get from the pen being out:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	S_Pen_Detached.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	238.1 KB 
ID:	237429
    Lol ok so the warning is eternal until the pen is replaced?
    jimd1050 likes this.
    08-27-2016 04:13 PM
    Lol ok so the warning is eternal until the pen is replaced?
    Annoyingly eternal! :-)
    08-27-2016 04:23 PM