09-02-2016 03:43 PM
117 12345
tools
    That is because I don't want them tunneling into my phone. The lag is so random, I wish I could record it. I know I'm not the only one either.

So you have the exynos or snapdragon version? The snapdragon seems to be flawed. It works great after a reset. Then it goes to crap, IMO. I'm used to snappier devices. So the lag does bother me

The compass isn't as accurate as the Moto's either.
    If u are comparing it to a moto it is not going to be as snappy. That is well known and documented.
    08-27-2016 09:37 PM
    I understand but if you guys seriously don't own the device, how can you say our issues don't exist ? Kelly has certainly has implied that in previous posts.

I understand giving helpful advice, but to say our issues don't exist is not helpful
    You're still in your return window. It sounds like you have a defective device.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 09:39 PM
    No, I don't say the issues don't exist. I do say the lag issue that people have talked about with Samsung TouchWiz, under normal circumstances, is not a horrendous lag. I don't deny lag on a Samsung or any phone.

Samsung Plus is different because it isn't a call center spread out all over the world that is the first contact for general issues on phones.

This group is more specialized, they are located in one building, they are more geared to higher level technical support. Any time I have called Samsung (800 Samsung) I know more about the phones than they do. If I'm calling for help, they have to boot me up a couple of service levels or get someone that generally doesn't handle technical support to call me back.

If it becomes something myself or anyone else doesn't know, we all talk to each other and we get someone to check the issue and step in or give us the info. If it is a Samsung issue that no one knows, I will contact someone at Samsung and find out the answer.

Now with your phone zthey first thing.. Tell me how you set up your Note 7.. As a new device or did you use Smart Switch or did you copy over settings from Google or what?

Give me a chance to see if we can figure out your issue, I'm not going to have you do anything crazy to your phone.
    08-27-2016 09:44 PM
    If u are comparing it to a moto it is not going to be as snappy. That is well known and documented.
    See, that's the problem. A phone with these specs should be faster, don't you think?
    You're still in your return window. It sounds like you have a defective device.
    Problem is that Sprint is ending upgrades as of August 26 and I've had one waiting for a year now. It was a "use it or lose it" deal

Phone is not defective. It's a snapdragon 820 issue
    No, I don't say the issues don't exist. I do say the lag issue that people have talked about with Samsung TouchWiz, under normal circumstances, is not a horrendous lag. I don't deny lag on a Samsung or any phone.

Samsung Plus is different because it isn't a call center spread out all over the world that is the first contact for general issues on phones.

This group is more specialized, they are located in one building, they are more geared to higher level technical support. Any time I have called Samsung (800 Samsung) I know more about the phones than they do. If I'm calling for help, they have to boot me up a couple of service levels or get someone that generally doesn't handle technical support to call me back.

If it becomes something myself or anyone else doesn't know, we all talk to each other and we get someone to check the issue and step in or give us the info. If it is a Samsung issue that no one knows, I will contact someone at Samsung and find out the answer.

Now with your phone zthey first thing.. Tell me how you set up your Note 7.. As a new device or did you use Smart Switch or did you copy over settings from Google or what?

Give me a chance to see if we can figure out your issue, I'm not going to have you do anything crazy to your phone.
    08-27-2016 09:51 PM
    The 820 is a seriously powerful chip, there's nothing wrong with it... It's just that Samsung spent more time optimizing their own chipset.
    Kelly Kearns and 1213 1213 like this.
    08-27-2016 10:00 PM
    The 820 is a seriously powerful chip, there's nothing wrong with it... It's just that Samsung spent more time optimizing their own chipset.
    That's a problem, don't you think?
    08-27-2016 10:11 PM
    I went from an S6 to this and honestly as far as performance goes, I don't really notice much of a difference. I thought I would going to this phone but I'm optimistic that performance issues will be resolved over time.
    08-27-2016 10:15 PM
    Almost certain... The other 820 phones run great... And the Exynos Note (based on what I've heard from those that have it). Just seems like Samsung spent the bulk of their development time fussing with their native SoC.

Now, this isn't something that's not addressable... They could easily sort out any issues with the SD in an upcoming update. Trust me, Samsung pays attention to the reactions. It wouldn't be the first phone that needs a little tightening up after launch.
    1213 1213 likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:36 PM
    Almost certain... The other 820 phones run great... And the Exynos Note (based on what I've heard from those that have it). Just seems like Samsung spent the bulk of their development time fussing with their native SoC.

Now, this isn't something that's not addressable... They could easily sort out any issues with the SD in an upcoming update. Trust me, Samsung pays attention to the reactions. It wouldn't be the first phone that needs a little tightening up after launch.
    I am hoping for that. If they have time to keep making refrigerators, washing machines, TVs,etc., Then they better get on this ASAP
    08-27-2016 10:40 PM
    I am hoping for that. If they have time to keep making refrigerators, washing machines, TVs,etc., Then they better get on this ASAP
    FYI.. If a problem is reported to say.. Samsung Plus, by enough people, it triggers an automatic investigation and is expedited.

No one can do this manually or stop it. The best way to get it addressed is consumers to report the problem.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    08-27-2016 10:44 PM
    So far, no real issue on my Exynos Note. Been purring like a kitten through everyday tasks, though like everything, it's not perfect.

Battery life has been very solid on mine, but Android System does take up a significant chunk of my battery usage, so it could definitely be better. SwiftKey still lags on mine for some weird reason (it has also lagged on some of my other phones) and I'm still waiting on that updated Good Lock that's optimized for the Note7.

Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it. I also feel like ​I've been here before with the LG G4.
    08-27-2016 10:59 PM
    Had the note 5 since day it came out and loved it.But no way its better than note 7 ,maybe you need to adjust your settings...by the way NO WAY camera is better than the Note 5 .
    I currently have owned every Note since the Note 3 and I currently have the 5 but will be getting the 7 in a couple of months. Each Note has been a worthy upgrade IMO.

Now 3 good friends of mine upgraded to the Note 7 from the Note 5. They haven't had any issues with the phone at all and they all said that the battery life and performance of the phone is a lot better. I personally have had plenty of hands on time with my friends Note 7's and I agree that the phone has absolutely no lag and is much faster.

I have never experienced any lag with any Note device that I have owned Yes I do know what lag is as my GF iPhone 6S had plenty of it and that's why she currently owns the S7.
    08-27-2016 11:14 PM
    See, that's the problem. A phone with these specs should be faster, don't you think?

Problem is that Sprint is ending upgrades as of August 26 and I've had one waiting for a year now. It was a "use it or lose it" deal

No. You're not understanding me. You have a defective device (wink wink). Take the ****er back
    08-27-2016 11:39 PM
    No I don't. It's a software issue
    08-27-2016 11:45 PM
    I currently have owned every Note since the Note 3 and I currently have the 5 but will be getting the 7 in a couple of months. Each Note has been a worthy upgrade IMO.

Now 3 good friends of mine upgraded to the Note 7 from the Note 5. They haven't had any issues with the phone at all and they all said that the battery life and performance of the phone is a lot better. I personally have had plenty of hands on time with my friends Note 7's and I agree that the phone has absolutely no lag and is much faster.

I have never experienced any lag with any Note device that I have owned Yes I do know what lag is as my GF iPhone 6S had plenty of it and that's why she currently owns the S7.
    Note 4 was a lag machine.. Lol.. Probably, the most complete Note with IR blaster and other tricks, and my favorite of them all, but boy you tap on a text message and you could literally count the seconds it took to open. I even factory reset to no avail.

The Note 5 was the opposite, lightening quick but of course it wasn't loaded like the a Note 4, most notably lacking a removable battery and SD card..
    Guyinbox and rushmore like this.
    08-27-2016 11:53 PM
    Then take it back! Why would you keep a phone you're not happy with? Unless it's just something you can live with.
    rushmore likes this.
    08-27-2016 11:55 PM
    As Kelly said, report it to Samsung+.

They're not your average customer support team. They're a specialized group made to handle higher-level support tasks. If enough people report to Samsung+ about the performance issue on the Note7, an investigation into it would be opened.

If you're still unhappy, you can return it. Don't waste that return period.
    08-28-2016 12:02 AM
    Mod Note

This thread seems to be getting derailed into another lag discussion. If you want to talk about that please head over to the appropriate thread. No reason to derail the OP when he is expressing his concerns of battery life and camera compared to his previous phone.

Thanks.
    08-28-2016 12:07 AM
    Fortunately I don't come to this forum to get official reviews of the device. Everybody who is a professional in the field with maybe one or two exceptions has roundly praised the Note 7, and called its camera and display the best one available. I certainly wont flame the original poster just because this is his first message in this forum, even though I do sometimes wonder why a person who has never posted here would go through the five-minute hassle of signing up to get an account here just to leave their one and only message, which is to trash the device. However, he has that right, and I will grant him that right. So my only response will be this, I have followed cell phone forums for 5 years now, and I can't remember any phone receiving as few complaints and as many praise reports as the Note 7 has. So it doesn't bother me when the occasional complaint pops up, since I know it is way, way, way outweighed by the positive reports.
    My post was never intended to be a review. I also dont see how I'm trashing the device! I went through the hassle of siging up to see if I'm actually the onlyone who is having these problems. Like I said in my original post I want to love this phone - especially the curved edges, which will make it difficult to go back to the note 5 since holding the note 7 is so much nicer.

But yes I think the battery life on my device is terrible. I've been in my room in the dark the past hour just browsing and messaging and my battery has gone from 100% to 84% in under an hour. If thats considered good then the bar has been lowered. Im going to assume that this is just my device though and request a new note 7 from tmobile tomorrow and hope the issue is resolved, since it appears that (thankfully) I am in the minority here.
    08-28-2016 08:53 AM
    I have 2 complaints with the phone so far. When I'm playing clash of clans without a case. my fat fingers deploy my toons before I'm ready to because of the edges of the screen. the second complaint isn't really the phone. but these money hungry accessory companies putting out crap products that do not work well with the device. other then that I love the phone and the new features of the software. I don't have a problem with GG5 because I understand glass is glass. theres no way in hell its ever going to be indestructible or durable. Every surface scratches. keep it protected. This is the way of the world. Also you cant control everything. That's like buying a 70k SUV and getting a chip in the windshield 10 miles down the road after driving it off the show room floor. Taking care of your stuff should not be that difficult. and accidents happen. that's why they have insurance for LITERALLY EVERYTHING!
    08-28-2016 09:17 AM
    The camera on the Note 7 is better, based on reviews and my experience FWIW concurs. Low light pictures alone are much better, as is the software and pen function for edits. Must admit I had to double take and make sure I read your post correctly.
    08-28-2016 09:22 AM
    Now I am reading, from you guys, that the Note 5 camera may be better. Please don't tell me this is true..
    Seems a lot of conjecture presumed as fact, but this stuck out. Only the poster stated this and not seeing any plural. Note 5 camera is inferior based on professional tests and users beyond this thread.

Inception?
    08-28-2016 09:29 AM
    The premise seems partly out of context, since Samsung is vertical in development for their own SOC so would seem to make sense more attention to it. Would seem inherently by default.
    08-28-2016 09:36 AM
    I've already posted the reasons why I returned my Note 7 and kept my Note 5. I feel this way now but that might change 6 months down the road from now as Samsung continues to push updates to make improvements. I might buy the Note 7 again. I've done that with other Samsung S series phones before. If you're not happy with your phone and you're within your 14 day return window, either return it or exchange it for another one and see if it's any better. Smartphones are like tiny computers, things aren't going to be perfect. We are very lucky to have the technology to chat freely while not be restricted to a computer all the time.
    I know I'm going off topic. We all have options. Just make the right one that's best for you.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-28-2016 09:58 AM
    My main complaint that I didn't know about ahead of time has been around signal strength, I've been through three Notes 7 since T-Mobile swore it must be a lemon but my note 4 made and received phone calls in my office without issue. My 3 note 7s get 1 bar max, which isn't enough to use cellular shenanigans. Waiting with fingers crossed for the new nexus, and hoping the used note 7 price doesn't crash
    Make sure Advanced Calling is turned off. That fixed my connection issues. After working with a second tier tech, we determined that my house was in a location that had cell towers "barely" supported Advanced calling. Once I turned off advanced calling, my calls and connections became solid.
    08-28-2016 10:11 AM
117 12345