Anyone else disappointed with their Note 7?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Then how can you give advice if you don't own the device?

I have dealt with Samsung before. They are incompetent. Im sure they are already monitoring this board

The lag is there. It's been confirmed by reviewers. Especially the snapdragon 820

One more thing.. Samsung Plus is not 800 Samsung. I know exactly how incompetent 800 Samsung is, so does Samsung Plus.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I think it's just more concentrated here on AC because people tend to hop on the horn when they have an issue more than when they have pure enjoyment. Which is okay, because I like knowing about potential issues or maybe I have an answer to those that need troubleshooting.

Sometimes it's just downright obnoxious, but most of the time it's good.

My phones have been awesome. The only issue I ever had was when I took advantage of the free iPhone 5C when I switched to Verizon from AT&T.
I agree. At the end of the day I use the device that works for me regardless of what others say. That doesn't mean I don't read up on a device before buying. It just means that I take each comment rather good or bad for what it's worth.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, just a friendly reminder. We need to be discussing the topic and not the people. And also, anyone is welcome to have discussions on any forum here at Android Central regardless of what device they own. If you don't agree with someone, please move along. Thank you!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
But seriously, why are you on these boards if you down own a note 7?

Because I am an Android Central Ambassador. All Ambassadors are here to help the members, we started as forum members.

If you want to try and clear up the issues on your phone, I'll be glad to try and help, if not that's OK, your call.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
But seriously, why are you on these boards if you down own a note 7?
I don't own own (wife will soon though). But it's still just an Android phone like other Android phones. Kelly has been using Notes for quite some time and has a lot of time dealing with their support as well.

She's here to help... Like the me and the other ambassadors and moderators. Just because we might not own the particular phone doesn't mean our advice isn't valid. Let's just keep it on the rails and try to sort stuff out without calling each other out.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Because I am an Android Central Ambassador. All Ambassadors are here to help the members, we started as forum members.

If you want to try and clear up the issues on your phone, I'll be glad to try and help, if not that's OK, your call.
I'll have to make a video for you. Even typing this message was a pain

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I don't own own (wife will soon though). But it's still just an Android phone like other Android phones. Kelly has been using Notes for quite some time and has a lot of time dealing with their support as well.

She's here to help... Like the me and the other ambassadors and moderators. Just because we might not own the particular phone doesn't mean our advice isn't valid. Let's just keep it on the rails and try to sort stuff out without calling each other out.
I understand but if you guys seriously don't own the device, how can you say our issues don't exist ? Kelly has certainly has implied that in previous posts.

I understand giving helpful advice, but to say our issues don't exist is not helpful

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
That is because I don't want them tunneling into my phone. The lag is so random, I wish I could record it. I know I'm not the only one either.

So you have the exynos or snapdragon version? The snapdragon seems to be flawed. It works great after a reset. Then it goes to crap, IMO. I'm used to snappier devices. So the lag does bother me

The compass isn't as accurate as the Moto's either.

If u are comparing it to a moto it is not going to be as snappy. That is well known and documented.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I understand but if you guys seriously don't own the device, how can you say our issues don't exist ? Kelly has certainly has implied that in previous posts.

I understand giving helpful advice, but to say our issues don't exist is not helpful

You're still in your return window. It sounds like you have a defective device.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
No, I don't say the issues don't exist. I do say the lag issue that people have talked about with Samsung TouchWiz, under normal circumstances, is not a horrendous lag. I don't deny lag on a Samsung or any phone.

Samsung Plus is different because it isn't a call center spread out all over the world that is the first contact for general issues on phones.

This group is more specialized, they are located in one building, they are more geared to higher level technical support. Any time I have called Samsung (800 Samsung) I know more about the phones than they do. If I'm calling for help, they have to boot me up a couple of service levels or get someone that generally doesn't handle technical support to call me back.

If it becomes something myself or anyone else doesn't know, we all talk to each other and we get someone to check the issue and step in or give us the info. If it is a Samsung issue that no one knows, I will contact someone at Samsung and find out the answer.

Now with your phone zthey first thing.. Tell me how you set up your Note 7.. As a new device or did you use Smart Switch or did you copy over settings from Google or what?

Give me a chance to see if we can figure out your issue, I'm not going to have you do anything crazy to your phone.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
If u are comparing it to a moto it is not going to be as snappy. That is well known and documented.
See, that's the problem. A phone with these specs should be faster, don't you think?
You're still in your return window. It sounds like you have a defective device.
Problem is that Sprint is ending upgrades as of August 26 and I've had one waiting for a year now. It was a "use it or lose it" deal

Phone is not defective. It's a snapdragon 820 issue
No, I don't say the issues don't exist. I do say the lag issue that people have talked about with Samsung TouchWiz, under normal circumstances, is not a horrendous lag. I don't deny lag on a Samsung or any phone.

Samsung Plus is different because it isn't a call center spread out all over the world that is the first contact for general issues on phones.

This group is more specialized, they are located in one building, they are more geared to higher level technical support. Any time I have called Samsung (800 Samsung) I know more about the phones than they do. If I'm calling for help, they have to boot me up a couple of service levels or get someone that generally doesn't handle technical support to call me back.

If it becomes something myself or anyone else doesn't know, we all talk to each other and we get someone to check the issue and step in or give us the info. If it is a Samsung issue that no one knows, I will contact someone at Samsung and find out the answer.

Now with your phone zthey first thing.. Tell me how you set up your Note 7.. As a new device or did you use Smart Switch or did you copy over settings from Google or what?

Give me a chance to see if we can figure out your issue, I'm not going to have you do anything crazy to your phone.

mynameisnick4

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I went from an S6 to this and honestly as far as performance goes, I don't really notice much of a difference. I thought I would going to this phone but I'm optimistic that performance issues will be resolved over time.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
That's a problem, don't you think?
Almost certain... The other 820 phones run great... And the Exynos Note (based on what I've heard from those that have it). Just seems like Samsung spent the bulk of their development time fussing with their native SoC.

Now, this isn't something that's not addressable... They could easily sort out any issues with the SD in an upcoming update. Trust me, Samsung pays attention to the reactions. It wouldn't be the first phone that needs a little tightening up after launch.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Almost certain... The other 820 phones run great... And the Exynos Note (based on what I've heard from those that have it). Just seems like Samsung spent the bulk of their development time fussing with their native SoC.

Now, this isn't something that's not addressable... They could easily sort out any issues with the SD in an upcoming update. Trust me, Samsung pays attention to the reactions. It wouldn't be the first phone that needs a little tightening up after launch.
I am hoping for that. If they have time to keep making refrigerators, washing machines, TVs,etc., Then they better get on this ASAP

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping for that. If they have time to keep making refrigerators, washing machines, TVs,etc., Then they better get on this ASAP

FYI.. If a problem is reported to say.. Samsung Plus, by enough people, it triggers an automatic investigation and is expedited.

No one can do this manually or stop it. The best way to get it addressed is consumers to report the problem.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams