09-02-2016 03:43 PM
117 ... 2345
tools
    I am not using Samsung+. Get over it.

I have done some things which made it somewhat better, but there is still lag. Are you employed by Samsung? You are literally all over this board
    Another suggestion -- switch to Nova Launcher and see if you still have lag
    08-28-2016 10:35 AM
    Love mine. Battery life is better than what I was getting on my 5.
    Pinhead117 and msndrstood like this.
    08-28-2016 10:39 AM
    I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but once the 'new phone feel' wears off, I don't enjoy using it as much as other phones I've owned.

I find it performs slower than other phones I've owned recently and while it may be a nit pick, if I'm going to sirens that much money on a phone, I'd expect it to perform as well as other high end phones.

The camera and the screen are excellent though. But the software is like taking a step backwards for me.
    qnet, RobertP1 and Savoy like this.
    08-28-2016 10:50 AM
    I am new to the forums. I never signed up but have read post for a few years. I have owned every note from the note 2 to the 7. My biggest compliant is the lag. The phone does not handle serfing the web well. I think it is something that will be fixed. I have no other complaints. I still have my note 5 and i liked that phone alot. I have faith an update will fix the annoying lag. I do not regret buying my note 7. Camera is awesome and i personally love having sd card for extra memory vs note 5. Note 5 is however much smoother as of now. The note 7 must be updated to get the lag under control and believe it will happen soon or i hope. I have faith. I have nothing to gain or lose this is from an honest review that i am giving.
    08-28-2016 03:54 PM
    I've been reading this thread and others, now see were some of the angst is coming from, and don't want to pile on. Without running the risk of pissing anyone else off, or being kicked off the forum, I will just say I have one problem with the Note 7, and it's been discussed over & over already.

Other than that, I really like this phone a great deal. I love the design (wish I could carry it naked all the time). I like the screen, camera, and the themes you can download in touchwiz. I've installed the Samsung + app and will give them a try. I don't really want to return the phone, and I'm running out of time since I preordered it and got it pretty early. I really hope Samsung sends out an update, and those fools at At&t implement it fast.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-28-2016 04:41 PM
    Yes, much better.
    08-28-2016 06:07 PM
    As Kelly said, report it to Samsung+.

They're not your average customer support team. They're a specialized group made to handle higher-level support tasks. If enough people report to Samsung+ about the performance issue on the Note7, an investigation into it would be opened.

If you're still unhappy, you can return it. Don't waste that return period.
    I'll give it a try
    Then take it back! Why would you keep a phone you're not happy with? Unless it's just something you can live with.
    It was a "use it or lose it" upgrade deal I am grandfathered into
    Mod Note

This thread seems to be getting derailed into another lag discussion. If you want to talk about that please head over to the appropriate thread. No reason to derail the OP when he is expressing his concerns of battery life and camera compared to his previous phone.

Thanks.
    I believe the OP asked what you don't like about the device and not limiting it to camera and battery life. Correct me if I am wrong
    Another suggestion -- switch to Nova Launcher and see if you still have lag
    Already using it
    08-28-2016 06:15 PM
    I'll give it a try

It was a "use it or lose it" upgrade deal I am grandfathered into

I believe the OP asked what you don't like about the device and not limiting it to camera and battery life. Correct me if I am wrong

Already using it
    "The two biggest things I look for in a phobe are battery life and camera. So far it seems the Note 7 is inferior to the Note 5 in both these aspects and significantly so. My battery life is so terrible I almost wonder if my unit is defective - I'm currently at 61% after 4 hours of averahe use when my note 5 would easily be at 75% by now.

Am I the only one who feels this way?"

From the OP
    08-28-2016 07:10 PM
    Note 4 was a lag machine.. Lol.. Probably, the most complete Note with IR blaster and other tricks, and my favorite of them all, but boy you tap on a text message and you could literally count the seconds it took to open. I even factory reset to no avail.

The Note 5 was the opposite, lightening quick but of course it wasn't loaded like the a Note 4, most notably lacking a removable battery and SD card..
    Well like I said I ever experienced any lag with my Note 4. I have absolutely no reason to lie about that. I wouldn't continue to buy Notes if they were very laggy. I'm not saying you didn't experience lag with it but everyone uses their phones differently. A few of my friends and co workers still use the Note 4 and have had similar experiences with it that I did. If you choose not the believe me then I really don't care.
    eyecon82 likes this.
    08-28-2016 07:15 PM
    Make sure Advanced Calling is turned off. That fixed my connection issues. After working with a second tier tech, we determined that my house was in a location that had cell towers "barely" supported Advanced calling. Once I turned off advanced calling, my calls and connections became solid.
    Thanks for sharing! Where would I find that in settings? I went through networks and searched but there doesn't seem to be an advanced calling toggle...
    08-28-2016 07:23 PM
    My biggest complaint is the auto correct...or lack of it. It sucks so bad on my N7. I'm impatiently waiting on a software update to correct the issue. Also the over heating. I can simply be scrolling down IG and my phone will start heating up.
    recDNA likes this.
    08-28-2016 08:45 PM
    My biggest complaint is the auto correct...or lack of it. It sucks so bad on my N7. I'm impatiently waiting on a software update to correct the issue. Also the over heating. I can simply be scrolling down IG and my phone will start heating up.
    Mine was bad too. I finally broke down and started using SwiftKey. It's been great!
    08-28-2016 09:06 PM
    Mine was bad too. I finally broke down and started using SwiftKey. It's been great!
    That app has been very laggy to me.
    08-29-2016 12:53 AM
    To answer the OP's question, I find the battery life on par or better than the Note5 and the camera seems better as well.
    I don't understand how some can just say X camera is better. Better how? The only way this camera is not better is the resolution of the 16:9 format. I understand that sacrifices need to be made to allow for bigger pixels, though.
    08-29-2016 05:30 AM
    Definitely not how Note 7 behaves. It is a beast among all the smartphones.
    To fix your issues, try a Factory Reset from Recovery menu (not from Settings of the phone).
    This should fix all the issues (battery, camera, etc.). If not, then go for replacement.
    If camera pictures / videos are coming out blurry / choppy video, etc. the issue must be with memory card. Take backup of the data present in the card, format it & then check.
    08-29-2016 08:26 AM
    Yep, seems something wrong with OPs devices to conclude pictures are better on the Note 5 than Note 7. The Note 7 is on par with takes even better low light pictures than the highly touted S7E.
    08-29-2016 09:43 AM
    I have had my Note 7 in my possession since Thursday the 18th. I have phone restarts scheduled every Saturday at 3am, and I go in every couple days to check the optimization percentage making sure I'm above 95% at all times (and correct it if not). This phone is and has been screaming since Day 1. It is as smooth as my Nexus current on 7.0. Disappointing that experiences are so scattered.
    cwbcpa and msndrstood like this.
    08-29-2016 09:52 AM
    I was never going to consider getting the N7. I thought that since I am not a big S-Pen guy that it wasn't different enough from the SG7E to buy it. I fell into the hype and bought it anyway (The power of marketing).

Not going to bore you with all things that are great and not so great with the phone. It is fabulous, it is built great, and the camera and the screen are the best that I have ever seen.

But the Phone costs almost $1000!!!! That is insane! I know the free market will determine the actual value of the phone (or any item) but are we at the point of having the Flagships cost so much? Apple will do the same thing in a few weeks and being the marketing geniuses that they are they will sell zillions of the new iphone.

I have a guy just come into my office and offer me $800 for the N7.. I can't believe it.. I will sell it to him and happily move on to another phone, yet to be determined .. I have a G4+ that I paid $299 for that seems to do just about everything the N7 does (without the Spen). I will keep that until I move on to the next one..

I respect Samsung for marketing the phone so effectively and have nothing but respect for the people that have the means and are willing to part with so much money for the phone. It is just beyond me to spend that kind of money for a cellphone. I know that most of the people that buy it will love it and think it was money well spent and will enjoy it everyday until Samsung tells them that it is time to buy another one.
    Ken in CA likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:55 AM
    I do have to add that the N7 has been virtually perfect in every way during the time I was using it as my daily driver. I have had NONE of the problems that people are discussing in this thread.
    msndrstood likes this.
    08-29-2016 09:57 AM
    But the Phone costs almost $1000!!!! That is insane!
    Is it though? Apple sells a $1k phone as well.
    08-29-2016 10:28 AM
    He mentioned that. Maybe he didn't before and edited fast enough that it looked like it was in his original post, I don't know.

But the Phone costs almost $1000!!!! That is insane! I know the free market will determine the actual value of the phone (or any item) but are we at the point of having the Flagships cost so much? Apple will do the same thing in a few weeks and being the marketing geniuses that they are they will sell zillions of the new iphone.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:36 AM
    He mentioned that. Maybe he didn't before and edited fast enough that it looked like it was in his original post, I don't know.
    I know but just saying -- this isn't just a Samsung thing as other companies do it as well so I would blame the market.
    08-29-2016 10:44 AM
    Both are Insane (In my opinion).. But the Market will dictate the true value
    08-29-2016 11:41 AM
    I know but just saying -- this isn't just a Samsung thing as other companies do it as well so I would blame the market.
    It was in my original post and it is not Samsung or Apples problem. I would do the same if people are willing to pay for it. I don't think that it is wrong, just surprising.
    08-29-2016 11:44 AM
    That's an insane price. If people are willing to pay it why lower it? Stop paying and the market adjusts. The carriers with their payment plans aren't helping. Makes it seem less painful.
    RobertP1 likes this.
    08-29-2016 12:21 PM
117 ... 2345