Anyone else disappointed with their Note 7?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
So far, no real issue on my Exynos Note. Been purring like a kitten through everyday tasks, though like everything, it's not perfect.

Battery life has been very solid on mine, but Android System does take up a significant chunk of my battery usage, so it could definitely be better. SwiftKey still lags on mine for some weird reason (it has also lagged on some of my other phones) and I'm still waiting on that updated Good Lock that's optimized for the Note7.

Other than that, I've been pretty happy with it. I also feel like ​I've been here before with the LG G4.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Had the note 5 since day it came out and loved it.But no way its better than note 7 ,maybe you need to adjust your settings...by the way NO WAY camera is better than the Note 5 .

I currently have owned every Note since the Note 3 and I currently have the 5 but will be getting the 7 in a couple of months. Each Note has been a worthy upgrade IMO.

Now 3 good friends of mine upgraded to the Note 7 from the Note 5. They haven't had any issues with the phone at all and they all said that the battery life and performance of the phone is a lot better. I personally have had plenty of hands on time with my friends Note 7's and I agree that the phone has absolutely no lag and is much faster.

I have never experienced any lag with any Note device that I have owned Yes I do know what lag is as my GF iPhone 6S had plenty of it and that's why she currently owns the S7.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
See, that's the problem. A phone with these specs should be faster, don't you think?

Problem is that Sprint is ending upgrades as of August 26 and I've had one waiting for a year now. It was a "use it or lose it" deal

Phone is not defective. It's a snapdragon 820 issue

No. You're not understanding me. You have a defective device (wink wink). Take the ****er back

linzgeneral

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I currently have owned every Note since the Note 3 and I currently have the 5 but will be getting the 7 in a couple of months. Each Note has been a worthy upgrade IMO.

Now 3 good friends of mine upgraded to the Note 7 from the Note 5. They haven't had any issues with the phone at all and they all said that the battery life and performance of the phone is a lot better. I personally have had plenty of hands on time with my friends Note 7's and I agree that the phone has absolutely no lag and is much faster.

I have never experienced any lag with any Note device that I have owned Yes I do know what lag is as my GF iPhone 6S had plenty of it and that's why she currently owns the S7.

Note 4 was a lag machine.. Lol.. Probably, the most complete Note with IR blaster and other tricks, and my favorite of them all, but boy you tap on a text message and you could literally count the seconds it took to open. I even factory reset to no avail.

The Note 5 was the opposite, lightening quick but of course it wasn't loaded like the a Note 4, most notably lacking a removable battery and SD card..

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
No I don't. It's a software issue
As Kelly said, report it to Samsung+.

They're not your average customer support team. They're a specialized group made to handle higher-level support tasks. If enough people report to Samsung+ about the performance issue on the Note7, an investigation into it would be opened.

If you're still unhappy, you can return it. Don't waste that return period.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mod Note

This thread seems to be getting derailed into another lag discussion. If you want to talk about that please head over to the appropriate thread. No reason to derail the OP when he is expressing his concerns of battery life and camera compared to his previous phone.

Thanks.

Nyt1

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
Fortunately I don't come to this forum to get official reviews of the device. Everybody who is a professional in the field with maybe one or two exceptions has roundly praised the Note 7, and called its camera and display the best one available. I certainly wont flame the original poster just because this is his first message in this forum, even though I do sometimes wonder why a person who has never posted here would go through the five-minute hassle of signing up to get an account here just to leave their one and only message, which is to trash the device. However, he has that right, and I will grant him that right. So my only response will be this, I have followed cell phone forums for 5 years now, and I can't remember any phone receiving as few complaints and as many praise reports as the Note 7 has. So it doesn't bother me when the occasional complaint pops up, since I know it is way, way, way outweighed by the positive reports.

My post was never intended to be a review. I also dont see how I'm trashing the device! I went through the hassle of siging up to see if I'm actually the onlyone who is having these problems. Like I said in my original post I want to love this phone - especially the curved edges, which will make it difficult to go back to the note 5 since holding the note 7 is so much nicer.

But yes I think the battery life on my device is terrible. I've been in my room in the dark the past hour just browsing and messaging and my battery has gone from 100% to 84% in under an hour. If thats considered good then the bar has been lowered. Im going to assume that this is just my device though and request a new note 7 from tmobile tomorrow and hope the issue is resolved, since it appears that (thankfully) I am in the minority here.

JoBudden

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
I have 2 complaints with the phone so far. When I'm playing clash of clans without a case. my fat fingers deploy my toons before I'm ready to because of the edges of the screen. the second complaint isn't really the phone. but these money hungry accessory companies putting out crap products that do not work well with the device. other then that I love the phone and the new features of the software. I don't have a problem with GG5 because I understand glass is glass. theres no way in hell its ever going to be indestructible or durable. Every surface scratches. keep it protected. This is the way of the world. Also you cant control everything. That's like buying a 70k SUV and getting a chip in the windshield 10 miles down the road after driving it off the show room floor. Taking care of your stuff should not be that difficult. and accidents happen. that's why they have insurance for LITERALLY EVERYTHING!

Last edited:

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
The camera on the Note 7 is better, based on reviews and my experience FWIW concurs. Low light pictures alone are much better, as is the software and pen function for edits. Must admit I had to double take and make sure I read your post correctly.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Now I am reading, from you guys, that the Note 5 camera may be better. Please don't tell me this is true..

Seems a lot of conjecture presumed as fact, but this stuck out. Only the poster stated this and not seeing any plural. Note 5 camera is inferior based on professional tests and users beyond this thread.

Inception? :) ;)

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I've already posted the reasons why I returned my Note 7 and kept my Note 5. I feel this way now but that might change 6 months down the road from now as Samsung continues to push updates to make improvements. I might buy the Note 7 again. I've done that with other Samsung S series phones before. If you're not happy with your phone and you're within your 14 day return window, either return it or exchange it for another one and see if it's any better. Smartphones are like tiny computers, things aren't going to be perfect. We are very lucky to have the technology to chat freely while not be restricted to a computer all the time.
I know I'm going off topic. We all have options. Just make the right one that's best for you.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
My main complaint that I didn't know about ahead of time has been around signal strength, I've been through three Notes 7 since T-Mobile swore it must be a lemon but my note 4 made and received phone calls in my office without issue. My 3 note 7s get 1 bar max, which isn't enough to use cellular shenanigans. Waiting with fingers crossed for the new nexus, and hoping the used note 7 price doesn't crash ;)

Make sure Advanced Calling is turned off. That fixed my connection issues. After working with a second tier tech, we determined that my house was in a location that had cell towers "barely" supported Advanced calling. Once I turned off advanced calling, my calls and connections became solid.

lanenubia

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I am not using Samsung+. Get over it.

I have done some things which made it somewhat better, but there is still lag. Are you employed by Samsung? You are literally all over this board

Another suggestion -- switch to Nova Launcher and see if you still have lag

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, but once the 'new phone feel' wears off, I don't enjoy using it as much as other phones I've owned.

I find it performs slower than other phones I've owned recently and while it may be a nit pick, if I'm going to sirens that much money on a phone, I'd expect it to perform as well as other high end phones.

The camera and the screen are excellent though. But the software is like taking a step backwards for me.

Thurley421

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
I am new to the forums. I never signed up but have read post for a few years. I have owned every note from the note 2 to the 7. My biggest compliant is the lag. The phone does not handle serfing the web well. I think it is something that will be fixed. I have no other complaints. I still have my note 5 and i liked that phone alot. I have faith an update will fix the annoying lag. I do not regret buying my note 7. Camera is awesome and i personally love having sd card for extra memory vs note 5. Note 5 is however much smoother as of now. The note 7 must be updated to get the lag under control and believe it will happen soon or i hope. I have faith. I have nothing to gain or lose this is from an honest review that i am giving.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been reading this thread and others, now see were some of the angst is coming from, and don't want to pile on. Without running the risk of pissing anyone else off, or being kicked off the forum, I will just say I have one problem with the Note 7, and it's been discussed over & over already.

Other than that, I really like this phone a great deal. I love the design (wish I could carry it naked all the time). I like the screen, camera, and the themes you can download in touchwiz. I've installed the Samsung + app and will give them a try. I don't really want to return the phone, and I'm running out of time since I preordered it and got it pretty early. I really hope Samsung sends out an update, and those fools at At&t implement it fast.